Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3105  
Prev  |  Next
2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch,

Maybe you could get a pressure test where they seal everything up and blow a fan device inside and then spray the outside with soapy water to find the leaks?

Here is an example of a pressure test video Clicky

* This post was last edited 09/08/19 12:08pm by 2 many 2 *   View edit history

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well what a disappointment. With all the hype on the Cleveland Browns during the off season with all the addition of players. They certainly laid an egg yesterday. The enthusiasm leading up to the game was something we had not seen well we never saw. The first possession was great marched right down the field and scored a touch down. Then they tried the extra point and missed. It was all down hill after that.
No discipline on the field what so ever. 182 yards in penalties in excusable. [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone Dodge Guy this thread has been going since September 2005, that's fourteen years. I guess that's some kind of record for any thread. The folks here are family and once a year we try to get together for a small rally. This year we will be in Sevierville, Tennessee in October. We are not as many as we used to be, but we are still strong in our friendship.

I am getting stronger every day. It seems the surgery was successful in accomplishing what it was supposed to. The first few days were challenging and I didn't know what to expect, but now things seem to have settled down and life is back to normal, whatever that is.

I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to give tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Well what a disappointment. With all the hype on the Cleveland Browns during the off season with all the addition of players. They certainly laid an egg yesterday. The enthusiasm leading up to the game was something we had not seen well we never saw. The first possession was great marched right down the field and scored a touch down. Then they tried the extra point and missed. It was all down hill after that.
No discipline on the field what so ever. 182 yards in penalties in excusable. [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

Same thing for the Falcons. Didn't score until the last part of the game and then only six points. Minnesota just walked all over them. Daughter Ava and her husband bought season tickets for the Falcon's games thinking this was going to be a great year for them. Ava had a lot to say about the poor showing of the Falcons yesterday.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning everyone.

I spent Saturday morning in my driveway with our motorhome. I calked every area that I could possible see that could be leaking. We took the valance and blind down from the inside and you could see that water had been coming in from one of the screw holes holding up the valance. We took a q-tip and wrapped a paper towel around it and stuck it in the hole. Several times over the weekend I replace the q-tip and the towel as the towel was wet. It bothers me that there was still so much water in the slide ceiling but hopefully this will pull all the water out. If it still leaks after all the sealing I did on the outside, I don't know what else to do.

[image]

[image]

I was going to put the motorhome back in my storage garage this morning but I wanted to let the calk dry one more day before I retract the slide. Hopefully the county won't give me a hard time. I am only allowed to keep the motorhome in the driveway for 48 hours once a month. Technically is was 48 hours this morning but I plan to move it after work today.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck, Burch.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a good day today. I am getting stronger but now am having a problem with my right eye. The cataract is so bad my vision is blurry, especially in the bright sun light. I cannot drive at night because of the glare from on coming headlights. I am going to see the eye doctor next week and I will just have to bite the bullet and have the eye surgery done. If he is willing to do the surgery I am going to be strong enough to let him do it. It's scary being blind in one eye and having surgery on the only eye you have left, but trust and faith in my God is going to get me through.

So when I see you folks in Sevierville you will be like new folks to me, clear and sharper looking.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Good luck, Burch.[emoticon]

Burch it is frustrating to have the camper of your dreams and have the problems you are having. When we bought the Foretravel we spent a year going back and forth to Knoxville getting the bedroom slide repaired. Finally we won the battle and got it repaired. Hopefully you will also.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is hot and dry here in the Deep South. The mornings are cool as we see temps in the upper 60's but by afternoon we are in the mid to upper 90's. We haven't seen any rain in a while now, so we really need to see some afternoon showers.

Sue was off early to teach the school children about Jesus and God's word. So glad to see our school system allow this.

Dixie and Suzie will have to wait for me to get dressed to take them for a walk. Suzie is doing okay, but you can tell her energy level is not what it used to be. Time is really passing quickly, where has the year gone too. Sue has a birthday at the end of this month. It's amazing how well she is, so much energy. All of you know she is a Brittle Diabetic. She does well and takes care of herself. I just thank God for her and giving her such good health and length of days.

We are looking forward to Sevierville and seeing all of you guys. It will be a good trip for us as we haven't been anywhere this summer so we are looking forward to getting out with the camper.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took the motorhome back to the storage facility after work last night. I calked and sealed everything I could on Saturday morning so the sealant had 48+ hours to dry with the slide extended. On Sunday afternoon, I gave the motor home a good cleaning inside so it is ready to go on our next trip. We are going to LazyDays resort this weekend and I am hoping that it rains so I can see if my repairs fixed the issue.

Speaking of rain, we only had a 10% change of rain yesterday and when I pulled into our storage facility, it started pouring. It came down pretty hard for about 15 minutes.

[image]

The only time I have seen the motorhome leak is with the slide extended but I am going to check after work to see if last nights rain leaked into the inside. We store the motorhome in a garage so it rarely gets rained on with the slides retracted.

Regardless of the leak, we are going to Sevierville and looking forward to meeting a lot of you. I might have to bring a big blue tarp to throw over the roof of the RV!

Burch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3105  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS