Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3140  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/19 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Got to keep this short. It's cold this morning and c loudy as if rain is about to start. Last night before going to bed I looked out on the front porch and there was an opossum eating the cat's food. This one was very young almost a baby. The other one is an adult, big and far. The cats don't like it and hide whenever it comes around, The kitties have stopped using the cat house I put out there for them. I guess they feel threatened and not safe being in there with the opossum around. Anyway I don't know what to do except pit a live trap put for the opossum and then the cats will get into it and I don't want that. I am nor into shooting them as they are not hurting anything and they actually do some good.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day be sure to to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/19 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good evening FOOFs

Hello from 35,000 feet and 554 miles an hour somewhere over Virginia. We are in the air heading to Boston. Our flight got delayed taking off for an hour because of snow in Boston. I am killing time by watching the flight tracker on TV showing where we are and our altitude and speed. The flight also has free internet so I am able to post. Looking forward to the visit to Boston but not the cold.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Burch enjoy your flight, hope you have a good time in Boston. The weather here is nice and clear, a bit on the cold side. but not that bad. My eye sight is good this morning. Sue is out with the girls for a walk. I have a visit to make this morning. Harold Raines wife passed away yesterday. Harold is 93 years old. HIs wife was close to ninety I think. Anyway I am deacon of the week so I have to take coffee and drinks over to his house and make ready for visitors. Harold is going to be lost with his wife. They have been together many years. Just how many I don't know. but I think somewhere around sixty.

I am lost right now as I feel as if I am a burden to Sue. She has had to take care of me for many months now. well since July. I can see she getting worn down with all that is going on. But she will not rest. She has to be doing something or going somewhere all the time. She can't be still, Just not in her DNA. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/08/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

College footbal championship weekend.
There were a couple of great games and a few blowouts.
Sorry Richard that Georgia lost, but your Clemson Tigers won big.
The Ohio State played a great second half to overcome a fired up Wisconsin team.

LSU, Clemson, Ohio State will be in the Playoff. Who will be the fourth? Oklahoma, Georgia, or someone else?

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. THis weekend has been nice as far as weather., however starting tonight we will see lots of rain and old weather coming in. So I guess we will settle down inside the house with a fire in the fireplace and enjoy the season of Christmas.

So glad to be able to be here with family and friends. Watched football yesterday. I knew LSU would beat Georgia, I was surprised to see Ohio State struggling with Wisconsin. When I went to bed Ohio State had taken the lead. I haven't seen the final score this morning so I hope Ohio did hang on and win. I just check to see what the final score was and saw where Ohio State won.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 05:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clemson vs Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl December 28th Winner plays for the National Championship. The last time Clemson and Ohio State played in the semi finals Clemson won 30 to 0.

This should be a great game. Both Teams have powerful offenses that can score in a hurry. I think Ohio State has the better defense though if they are healthy. They have been banged up some in the secondary. Hopefully the 3 weeks will help both teams get healthy and make for an entertaining game.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/19 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good evening everyone we lost power this morning and was without for six hours. The fire place heated the house so we were comfortable. No water because we have a well which requires electricity to pump water. But we managed.

It was rainy all day and cool as the temperature stayed in the mid 40's. The girls didn't want to go outside as they were satisfied to stay dry and warm in he house. I watched the CMA awards last night and remembered my days in Nashville. I remember the days of Glenn Campbell and Tanya Tucker. They were so much in love and crazy on top of that. Willie Nelson and Mel Gibson were around a lot. I used to see Mel at eth Hall Of fame hotel where he would sometime go just to hang out. Jimmy Dean was a frequent attender there also. I was too busy trying to break into the business to party much, so I kind of hung out by myself. I saved myself from getting into trouble and saved money. This were some exciting days with GRT Records and JOhn Bateman. There are gone now and I have landed on my feet doing what God intended me to do.

Okay I am going to bed so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed evening. Give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to say your ptayers before falling to sleep.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 12:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't like traveling by plane. It's 2am and we just got home a little while ago from our trip to Boston. I was supposed to be home by 9pm but for whatever reason Delta decided to delay our flight by 4 hours which made us miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. I am guessing it was due to weather but it was in the mid 50s with some lite rain so the plane must have gotten delayed elsewhere. I am supposed to be at work tomorrow (today) by 7am but I am wired now. When I travel all day, even know I am tired I need time to unwind. Hopefully I will get to bed by 3am. Hopefully, all the FOOFs are sleeping right now!

Burch

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Burch at least you made it home safe. I stopped traveling by air years ago when our flight from Augusta, Georgia to Michigan was canceled and we had to scramble to make connections for another flight. WE ended up going to Charlotte to Cincinnati then to Grand Rapids. When we got to Cincinnati we discovered Sue had two tickets and I had none, It took two hours to straighten out the mess before we could go on to Michigan. We were treated like terrorist when we tried to board the plane because we had changed flights. We were searched and all ofour carry on luggage was searched and we were asked so many questions concerning our changing flights and why. I told Sue I was done with flying and I have stuck with it. So Burch it looks as if you are building a case for yourself as a reason not to fly any where.

Its 59 degrees outside this morning and raining. Tomorrow it will be cold and north of us there will be wintery mix of rain snow and sleet. Still have lots of firewood so no matter what we will be able to stay warm. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas to you and your families

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/19 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

I really don't like traveling by plane.....

I hear ya on that! Haven't gotten on a plane for over 11 years. We only flew then because of necessity.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3140  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.