Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3119  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We will not be going to Hilton Head this year. I just can't make it. The camper and truck are up for sale through National Vehicle. I hope I have done the right thing. I just don't see us traveling anymore with the camper. Besides we can use the $100,000, we can get from both units.

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Have a blessed day. signing off for a while, Love each of you,

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone. We will not be going to Hilton Head this year. I just can't make it. The camper and truck are up for sale through National Vehicle. I hope I have done the right thing. I just don't see us traveling anymore with the camper. Besides we can use the $100,000, we can get from both units.

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Have a blessed day. signing off for a while, Love each of you,

[emoticon]

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sad to hear that you are selling your camper Richard. I am itching to take another trip but my work is starting to get ramped up for tax season.

Speaking of trips, I know many on here have stayed in Gulf Shores, Al. Donna and I are wanting to take a week off in May and she wants to go to Gulf Shores. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to stay? We drove through Gulf Shores a couple of years ago and there was a place that was really close to the downtown/touristy area. It looked close enough to walk to many places. I would rather be someplace on the water if there are any RV parks near/on the water.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/19 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad decision Richard, but I think that's something we all will face sooner or later.

Burch, there are tons of places. We stay at Gulf State Park for a month every winter. Full hookups and they have sites on water and the park is just across the road from the gulf. We love this park and would highly recommend it. There are many nice private campgrounds around Gulf Shores, Foley and Orange Beach.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone Burch Dr. Doug's recommendation of Gulf State Park is an excellent one. We have stayed there several times and it is a wonderful place ro stay. It's easy to get to but you will need to make reservations especially this time of year. They stay busy and sites are hard to come by.

I think we are going to have withdrawal big time when we sell the outfit. Sue and I have been camping together for thirty years now, It a habit that is going to be hard to break. But with all that is going on with my health we think it is best. I am going to miss my friends from Old Fella days. You have become family. I will keep in touch through the Old Fella thread. That won't be as good as seeing everyone in person,but at least I can find out what is going on with all of you.
Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hig for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone today is a good day. No pain. eye sight is good. It's very overcast and rain is expected today and tomorrow. It's not going to be too cold so we don't expect any bad weather as far as ice and snow. It's going to be a Merry Christmas. Son Scott and his girlfriend came yesterday. We went out for lunch, driving the 72 Lincoln. Had a great time before coming home. Got help from Scott hauling firewood up to the house. Stocking up so I don't have to do it in the rain today and tomorrow.

I hope all is well with everyone and you are ready to enjoy a great Christmas. I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Also be sure to celebrate the reason for Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ. As stated before we will not be going to Hilton Head this year, going to stay home and just take it easy. See ys, take care and we love you all. Charles and Charlotte you are in my prayers. May you have peace and joy during this Christmas season.

* This post was edited 12/22/19 06:26am by Dixie Flyer *

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Sad decision Richard, but I think that's something we all will face sooner or later...

So true.

We all have to decide when to hang it up, and I hope I have the common sense to know when that time is. It will be sad, but having the memories of all the wonderful trips and times we have had is something precious.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

DOTLDaddy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

...Burch, Dr. Doug's recommendation of Gulf State Park is an excellent one...

Yup.[emoticon]

Just don't spill the beans, we want to keep it a little secret.
[emoticon]

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/19 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulf State Park is booked for every date I put in for May. I guess I waited to long.

DOTLDaddy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Gulf State Park is booked for every date I put in for May. I guess I waited to long.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you have to think a year in advance for Gulf State Park reservations.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3119  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.