Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3120  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is the day after Christmas. It's time to exchange the gifts for those that either fit or for those you just want to exchange for something else. The stores and streets will be busy with folks on the go. Sue is out this morning to exchange some things. Wish her well. I don't know how I am doing. The new blood pressure medicine is messing with me. I think it's too strong. Anyway I will see how I do today, Afraid to drive myself anywhere as I have dizzy spells. The eye is doing great. My vision is very good. It will get out and enjoy the beautiful day God has sent our way. It's going to be very warm today with a high of 65 degrees. This will give the porch kitties a chance to get warm and enjoy the day. The opossum is still hanging around. He is so fat he waddles when he walks. I guess it's the over abundance of cat food. He comes and cleans out the bowl every night. Sue and I have been bringing it inside for the least few nights. I have watched the kitties when the opossum is on the porch. They don't seem to mind it coming as they just lay on the bed and watch it eat their food. There is also a young one that comes by. Don't want them to get too used to us as they can cause damage to the yard and shrubbery as they borrow into the ground and leave holes. We have four kitties now. they really belong to the new neighbor, but for some reason prefer our house to theirs.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Another Christmas come and gone. Yeah! Thank God for all of His blessings. Now to start counting the days until next Christmas.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, it appears the word is out, not only to dogs needing a home and help but also to Cats and it is now being shared to all kinds of animals. Hope you have enough room for what ever comes your way.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is 64 degrees today the day after Christmas in Ohio.
Such a beautiful day in the late December.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/19 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to reality today. The temperature will drop all day today and settle in the mid 30's. Rain a
Has moved in this morning with clearing this afternoon.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/19 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

dturm wrote:

Sad decision Richard, but I think that's something we all will face sooner or later...

So true.

We all have to decide when to hang it up, and I hope I have the common sense to know when that time is. It will be sad, but having the memories of all the wonderful trips and times we have had is something precious.

Yesterday I drove to Tractor Supply. Sue went with me. I made two mistakes that could have been critical had not she been with me and called my attention to what I was about to do. I know it's time for me to quit driving pulling the big rig. It's hurts to know that our road trips have come to a end. But the good news is it has come gently an not by some catastrophic mistake Walter I wish you and Garland many more miles of Rving. Garland will let you know when it's time to quit. I am sure she is watching as yo0u drive. It's hard to sit and watch and not say something when things are amiss. Just keep your eyes on the road, your foot on the accelerator or brake, hands on the steering wheel and the cell phone in the console box.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Merry Christmas all you foofs!

Too warm here for a real fire, so we're doing this.[emoticon]

[image]

Nice looking room.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Lily is back with us for a few days. She has made herself at home. being bossy and making sure all the other fur babies behave. Last night Suzie made a statement about Lily's being here. When we went to bed, Suzie went into the family room to sleep, She doesn't care for Lily being here, but that is as much as she is going to say about the matter.

It 44 degrees outside this morning. Winter hasn't been that cold this year. Yesterday it was in the high 60's. Today it will much of the same. The weatherman says it will be clear skies and warm temperatures today and rain will move it Sunday.

Hope all is well with everyone. This morning is much the same for me. I woke up to low blood sugar which means the prednisone is wearing off. I stopped taking the prednisone a few days ago. So far the pain has been minimal but it is still there, but not so bad. The increase in the blood pressure medicine is working on me big time. I get dizzy if I stand up quickly or bend over with my head down. Think I am going to stop taking all the pills. Too many pills to keep up with and so many things going on with me right now, some of it must be side effects from all the meds. So as of this morning I have taken myself off the meds, so we will wait and see what happens,

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and n=be sure to tell somoen you love them.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, there are so many blood pressure meds to choose from. Let your doctor know you are reacting and ask if you can try something else. The first med they gave me for BP caused chest pains. I cut it in half and still had chest pains, so I stopped it. This was on a weekend, so I called on Monday and he changed it to something that is working fine.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone I am iin so much pain tis morning from the Polymyalgia. I am out of prednisone so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get a refill when the doctor's office is open. Well Clemson won last night after I went to bed. Clemson was losing when I went to bed. Don't know how it all played out as I was too tired to watch. But Clemson must have had a strong come back in the second half. Sorry Dan, maybe next year for Ohio State. I have to go so I will close wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hig for me and nbe sure to tell someone you love them.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I watched the game until half time. The real turning point was a "targeting" call on an OSU defensive back followed by a couple of other penalties. That got Clemson going. OSU took the lead with a few minutes left in the game, but Clemson drove the field at the end to make the winning score. Good game.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3120  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.