Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3149  
Prev  |  Next
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope Sue is doing better.
Best to call the DR. It maybe nothing but better to be safe.

* This post was edited 02/26/20 04:35am by Toolguy5 *

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Sue fainted this morning and hit the floor. Trying now to figure out what is wrong with her. Blood pressure is 118 over 83 heart rate is 170. She is sitting up in the lounge chair says she is feeling better. doesn't want to call the doctor.

what was her glucose?

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/20 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard a heart rate of 170 is pretty high, call a Doctor.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/20 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, please call a doctor - the older you get the less your max heart rate should be, 170 would not be good even for me at 56!

My wife is diabetic as well and we keep Powerade Zero around all the time, it has electrolytes in case something were to screw up her sugar or electrolyte levels. Same idea as Pedialyte really.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNGeeks61 wrote:

Richard, please call a doctor - the older you get the less your max heart rate should be, 170 would not be good even for me at 56!

My wife is diabetic as well and we keep Powerade Zero around all the time, it has electrolytes in case something were to screw up her sugar or electrolyte levels. Same idea as Pedialyte really.

Sue's blood pressure settled down and she has been fine since early this afternoon. Right now she is going to bed as I am also. Looking for a better tomorrow.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/20 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. All is well here at camp Dixie. The sun is shining and no rain in sight and it is warm outside. Church member brought firewood yesterday so we have fire wood in case it gets cold again. I have been able to get in touch with the family of a childhood friend that I grew with. His sister lives in Sylvania, Georgia and has family on face book. He has family in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina which is just outside of Charleston, SC. I am hoping to be able to meet with his family sometime in the near future. There is a very nice campground close to Charleston named Oak Plantation. The only problem with it is there is no left turn out of the campground during heavy traffic at certain times of the day. YOu have to turn right, go around behind the campground on a back street to get to a traffic light so you can turn left to go into Charleston,

Dan and Patty and Dan and Lori have stayed there before. Anyway I am hoping we can make this trip before we sell the truck and camper. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oak Plantation was a very nice campground.
It can get rough getting out but be patient and go the other way out.

Glad Sue is doing better.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We lost Murphy a week ago today. This time last week, she was still alive. I went home around noon time to check on her and she was really panting and having trouble breathing. The last time I saw her on our dog room camera was a little after 1:30pm. She got up and got a drink of water and then laid down out of site of the camera. When Donna got home at 4:30, she was gone.

I am really having a hard time with her death. Donna and I don't have any children and she was like a daughter to me. I know time will make things easier but right now I am really having a hard time.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/20 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

We lost Murphy a week ago today. This time last week, she was still alive. I went home around noon time to check on her and she was really panting and having trouble breathing. The last time I saw her on our dog room camera was a little after 1:30pm. She got up and got a drink of water and then laid down out of site of the camera. When Donna got home at 4:30, she was gone.

I am really having a hard time with her death. Donna and I don't have any children and she was like a daughter to me. I know time will make things easier but right now I am really having a hard time.

August 29th 2017 we lost our doxie. He was the first one we raised from a pup together. Time may heal wounds but it's tough. My wife visits her friends and their dogs and kept busy. We agreed to get another one but it's tough to find a rescue doxie. That'd be my preference. She has also been having medical issues for the last several months.

Keep your happy memories alive, I took video of our pup with his bowl and plates.

Hopefully this is ok to post.

the plate chase

bowl flip

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/20 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I am so sick. Don't know if it is a very bad cold or the flu. Anyway I am very sick. Sue had whatever this is and now I have it, I keep getting these phone calls "This is the last chance before we close your files to take advantage of our exclusive offer to purchase an extended warranty for your vehicle."

Anyway I won't rant here for this is not the place for it. Okay I hope all is well with everyone. We are having an early spring. trees have blooms on them and the some flowers are blooming. It' still very cool weather, not the typical warm spring days of the deep south. The nights are still in the 30's but no frost.

I have been reaching out to my best friends family lately. Tommy and I were the best of friends in school. He died with pancreatic cancer d few years ago. It's strange how we let so much time go by without reaching out pt each other. His children are asking questions about our childhood and the things we did growing up. His sister has told them all the stories, but I guess something has stirred them up and they want to know more about their dad and his friends. He has a daughter and a son that didn't get to spend much time with him s he married late in life and hen got busy with his career of becoming a doctor. He made quiet a name for himself ate the University of South Carolina Medical school. There are some achievement awards given out to students that achieve the highest GPA in certain subjects. Tommy told me stories about when he was stationed at Guantanamo Naval base While he was in the service. He would be stationed on patrol to guard the fort without any bullets for his rifle. Was told if he needed any report to the officer in charge and he would get them for him,

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give he fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3149  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.