Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3143  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. This morning I feel okay. No drainage, no sniffles, no sore throat. So I guess what ever it was decided to find somewhere else to live, Yesterday was our first real spring day. Today we will be in the 80's. The pine tress are budding with the yellow pods and filling the air with pollen. Pollen is covering everything outside. The kitties are still hanging around our porch waiting for food. Yesterday we saw the neighbor feeding them so I know they are being fed.

The Outer Banks in North Carolina has closed down. No one from outside the area is allowed in. The North Carolina reality commission is asking all monies be refunded to those folks who have paid for rental houses. This is hitting hard those people who have given commissions to the agents that rented the houses to those folks who were coming for the summer fun and surf. I guess if I had paid for a rental home and was not able to use it I would want my money back. Times are getting hard. My x-sister in law just became a millionaire over night. She and her husband owned 100 acres of land out in Columbia county. It has turned into a busy industrial corner and she sold the property. Her husband is in a government care facility with Alzheimer's. He has been there for several years now, It's been hard on her but now things will be much easier. She and her husband have always been God fearing people. They raised their children in church and have always been the kind of people you want as family.

I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone youlove them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday it was 70 degrees here. Today it is snowing. Welcome to Spring in Northeast Ohio.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a shock to the system, from T-shirt two days ago to snow flurries this AM. We'll be home tomorrow, about 3 weeks early.

For those of you who think this thing is going to be over in a few weeks, probably not. Until we have a vaccine all of us older folks will have to practice social distancing until we can be protected. As a society, as soon as enough people get sick and recover AND our health care system is able to handle the number of cases requiring care we won't get back to "normal."

We MAY see some moderation during summer, but another wave will probably happen as not enough of our population will be immune. This is the epidemiological pattern seen over and over. We need the vaccine trials to succeed rapidly, otherwise we're in for a prolonged change in our way of life.

We've been "sheltering in place" for the last two weeks, even though our shelter has been moving some of the time. The campgrounds have been doing curbside check-in and the only contact we've had is with the gas pump and one trip to Walgreens. We've done a couple of drive through restraunts. Minimizing human interaction closer than several feet.

Our home county (Lake, IN) is up to 6 cases and has doubled in the last 3-4 days. This is pretty typical for this virus - doubling every 3-7 days. It's not just more testing, though that is part of the increase. People need to heed the precautions to give us time to develop the tools and equipment to fight this thing. OK, enough preaching.

Stay safe.

Dr. Doug

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We hear you Dr. Doug. Patty and I have sheltered in unless we need to go out for necessities. We did do carry out one day to support one of our local grills.

We have 11 cases now in our county. I believe Sunday was the 1st case reported in our county of Lorain.

Stay safe.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Well we are still here. NO sickness at camp Dixie this morning. Hope all is well with everyone. All the COE campgrounds are closed here. If you are already there you can stay until your reservations are over, but no new people coming in to stay. Greenville has not been hit too hard with only a few cases of coronavirus being reported. 85 inmates have been released from the jails and sent home. Talked with Charles in Texas yesterday and Texas is taking seriously the coronavirus. Here No restaurants are open for dine in. It's all take out. The grocery store was busy yesterday as Sue and went for some essentials. Bought gas for the land yacht and then came home. The old Lincoln is till running good and the air is blowing cold. Yesterday we saw 81 degrees and today will be another warm one. The pollen is very heavy right now. There is a heavy dusting of pollen on everything outside.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/20 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 11:59 PM tonight Ohio will be another state where all businesses will be closed except the essential businesses. We are supposed to stay at home unless you are someone who still works for a place that can stay open or to go get food or medical.

We have only gone out to get food or prescriptions over the last 2 weeks. We do our best to keep social distance but it seams like some people just want to occupy your space.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My office is down to skeleton crew right now. I will be working from home most days (today included).

We have a deep freeze and I have enough food to last a month or more if needed. We have plenty of toilet paper and if we run out, the motor home is only a few miles down the road and I have several packages of toiler paper there.

I feel really bad for the local business owners. There is a small hole in the wall chicken wing place down the street. Only seats about 15-20 people or so. He has gone to take out only and I told him I would come by at least once a week and put in an order. Many of the restaurants won't recover from this.

I am blessed that I have a job that is probably immune to this crisis (Public CPA firm) but many others are not.

Hopefully this will pass sooner or later and things will get back to normal before people start getting cabin fever. Desperate people sometimes to desperate things when things get rough so I hope crime doesn't become a problem in the next few weeks.

Everyone stay safe!

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Hopefully this will pass sooner or later and things will get back to normal before people start getting cabin fever. Desperate people sometimes to desperate things when things get rough so I hope crime doesn't become a problem in the next few weeks.

Everyone stay safe!

Burch

There has been a run on gun sales and ammunition here in Ohio. Gun shops had to put a limit on ammunition.

It is Crazy out there. Ohio just went into a stay at home where all non essential businesses had to close as of 11:59 PM last night.
A lot of the grocery stores for the first hour everyday are for senior citizens only. I had to get to the local store this morning when it opened to get some Hamburger for my sister n law. She could not find any.

We are on our 3rd week now of staying at home. Starting to go a little crazy. But we just now started the state wide mandate of stay at home until April 6th but don't hold to much hope out that it will be lifted.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only time this stay at home should be lifted is when the numbers of cases level off AND we can test and isolate people who are asymptomatic carriers. Otherwise this thing will continue to spread and overwhelm our health care system.

Hopefully our leaders will provide a package of support, loans and grants to allow people and businesses to weather this storm.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/20 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. WE have elderly people going to the hospital and family have been turned away from entering because of the threat of spreading the virus. This has caused a lot of stress within the family not being able to be with loved ones during their stay in the hospital. I understand the reasoning behind this, but it makes it hard on those folks who are elderly and don't want to be separated from those they love and care for. This virus has affected so many people and business. You wonder when it will stop.

Okay we are well here and seem to be okay. WE don't have any symptoms of illness so far. WE are staying home. Only go out to grocery store and drug store. Not venturing out into mainstream crowds such as malls and shopping centers. Please use caution during these times and stay safe. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me nd be sure to tell somoen you love them

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3143  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.