Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Dan, if you are having trouble getting meds, PM me.

Richard, I'm glad you are well and sheltering. It's hard when you have family members in health care right now. It seems like they are in real danger of contracting the coronavirus with the degree of protective equipment they are being provided. Hopefully most are young and if infected will have a mild case.

I posted in another thread that our granddaughter was exposed at work (hospital lab tech in pathology department). She's been in quarantine and got the good news that her test came back negative.

Stay safe and PLEASE do the social distancing. You are not only saving yourself, but saving the health care workers, first responders and all the other essential workers.

Thanks Dr. Doug. I should hear from our Vet today they said allow 24 hours.
She is a little better this morning. She woke up at 4:00 AM with an episode. After that she has only coughed a few times but not long as yesterday. We just got back from our walk and she did eat her breakfast. Yesterday we could not get her to eat her supper.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Someone posted on FB. There is a DUI patrol posted at Kitchen and Hallway drive. So beware. All is okay here. WE are safe and quarantined. I did take the bicycle to the repair shop yesterday to get it repaired. Need some exercise so I guess riding the bicycle up and down the driveway will be good.

Hope everyone is well and behaving themselves. Have a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Dr. Doug and Sandy I have really been trying to behave myself on face book lately.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Emily, our nurse in the family is still at work in the Columbia, SC hospital. She is so enjoying her work and it seems this is truly her calling, Emily is such a giving person, so loving and kind to all she meets. Right now she is on the front line at the hospital helping folks fight for their lives with this Coronavirus. Her husband Austin, our grandson is working in the pharmacy in the hospital filling the prescriptions for the patients there. Emily is in more danger than Austin as she is in direct contact with the sick. Please pray foe her. This virus is so contagious and easily spread from one person to another.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you llove them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well with everyone and you and your family are safe. Our area has calmed down and things right now are settling down. Sue and I are staying home. Yesterday we finished spreading the mulch and now we can wait until we can get more to finish the job.

The fur gang is well. Suzie is wondering why we are staying home so much. I guess she will get used to us being here all the time and just take advantage of a good time to catch up on her naps. We have been told we will be quarantined until the end of April. So be it. It is what it is and we will make the best of it. I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Stay home and stay safe

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/20 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone. Emily, our nurse in the family is still at work in the Columbia, SC hospital. She is so enjoying her work and it seems this is truly her calling, Emily is such a giving person, so loving and kind to all she meets. Right now she is on the front line at the hospital helping folks fight for their lives with this Coronavirus. Her husband Austin, our grandson is working in the pharmacy in the hospital filling the prescriptions for the patients there. Emily is in more danger than Austin as she is in direct contact with the sick. Please pray foe her. This virus is so contagious and easily spread from one person to another.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you llove them.

I feel what you are going through with family being so close to infected people. I have a niece and nephew working as CNA and Nurse and her Mother, my Sister-in-law works at the Hospital too. Another Niece (Nurse} is currently quarantined in Ohio. Prayers for yours and also for mine. I also have three nephews in Law Enforcement. Their days are tough enough, but now they are getting harder with this Virus. I pray that a vaccine is found and approved as quick as possible. God Bless you all.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/20 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in mandatory lock down. A big alert came up on our cell phones that said. "Go home and stay there. No one is allowed out into the public except for essentials such as food medicine or emergency health issues.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/20 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, this is a good thing. It will serve to protect your neice and nephew and all the other front line health care and first responders and all the necessary service providers.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. With everyone home and on their computers it makes everything slow down. I am having a hard time getting my computer to work as it should. Msn is not responding and not working at times. Yesterday I wasn't able to get the computer to respond to certain commands which left me unable to get to my email. I had to restart my computer this morning to be able to get to email as the computer wouldn't respond to any commands on the msn page.

Oh well. It's another day at home. Staying indoors or out in the yard without being able to venture out into the real world which is running rampant with the Coronavirus. This is crazy. Last night one of my daughters was crying tears about her son and daughter in law working at the hospital and not being able to see them. Her son Austin is working in the pharmacy in the hospital in Columbia, SC while her daughter in law is working as a nurse at the same hospital. Emily is on the front line with the virus. There is no cure for the virus yet and nothing to make people immune to it. So it's just a matter of time before either one of them comes down with the virus. Austin and Emily were just married one year ago. They just finished college and starting on their career jobs. I pray for them every day. Okay I hope everyone is well and all of your family is well. I will close for now wishing each of you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. BTW you cannot get the virus from your pets.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/20 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Got my bicycle yesterday. Couldn't get my leg over the thing to get on it. Fell over backward in the yard trying to mount the thing. However I did manage to get on it and ride it down the street. My legs gave out about 1/4 mile from the house. I am so out of shape. Today I will try again and this time my goal is to get at least past the neighbor's house.

Things are well here. Emily worked her shift at the hospital last night. She goes back tonight. Austin is working in the pharmacy while Joshua is working in research in the lab at the army hospital at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville. He is supervisor of three labs and has sixteen workers in all the labs. It's amazing the things they have found out about this virus and it's baffling the things they still don't know. Big responsibility for such a young man. He has done well in the army. WE also also have a nurse in Michigan who is on the front line. She is Sue's sister's daughter. she is also working iin a lab in research. She keeps us informed of what is going on with the virus. Things don't look so good right now. There is more that they don't know than there is that they do know,much going on right now. I hope all is well with everyone.

I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure o tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I did ride the bicycle yesterday and I didn't fall, Sue rode with me. My legs gave out after a short distance. I am so out of shape. When Ogot home I had a hard time standing on my legs. They wanted to bend out from under me. I remember when I used to ride that bike for miles without stopping. When we lived in Waynesboro we would ride out of town for about ten miles. There was a circle back to the house that took us out into the country and back. I thought we were tough back then. The bicycles are the same, but we are not.

All is well with us and family. No reports of any illness in the family so far/ I hope all is well with everyone, I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. When you get bored get out a bicycle and hit the road. It will give you something to look forward to. And that is getting back home and sitting down in the lounge chair.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.