Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard - I was like you with my bicycle - especially after having both knees replaced and a lung condition. I splashed out on an electric bike. Not fully electric (although it can be if I so desired!) as it has a 6 speed and works just like a regular bike - but has a twist grip to add electric power if needed.

When I started riding it I used the electric a lot, but now I find I use the assist only for helping with inclines and head winds, or if I have gone a long way and need help getting home (it has a 40 mile range!). As a result I am now actually cycling/pedaling more than I ever did with my old Trek 21-speed!

It is a Pedego Comfort Cruiser. Not cheap I must say, but worth looking up if you are interested. I bought the one that has the low crossbar (ladies version if you like) as I had the same problem as you, in getting my leg up and over - I fell too. Liane liked it so much she has bought one too. Now we cycle every day instead of maybe once every couple of months. [emoticon]

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT's & Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/20 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the improvements in the bike paths in Gulf Shores state park there are huge numbers of bikers. We saw a couple of recumbent trikes that really looked great (except for the price [emoticon]) The one we liked the best was a Terra Trike, they happened to be made in Grand Rapids, MI I think. One model had an electric assist and with the recumbent feature you don't fear falling. The model we saw had a seat almost like a car seat that was more upright for back support and was high enough that it looked pretty easy to get in and out without looking like a fool.

If you get back to Michigan you could get a tour of the factory [emoticon]

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/20 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Today is my birthday. I am 9 years old. I am hoping to get some of my favorite desert for super tonight. ICE CREAM I just love it. I know when Mom or Dad opens the freezer I can hear them take out the ice cream. I look at them like well where is mine and 99% of the time I get some. I just love my ice cream.

The sun is shining and looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day. So I will be taking Dad and maybe Mom on some walks to enjoy the sunshine and celebrate my birthday. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 04/11/20 05:55am by Toolguy5 *

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/20 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Birthday Pickles!!! Be careful to socially distance from all those dogs out there on your walk [emoticon]

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/20 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

[image]

Today is my birthday....

Happy birthday Pickles!

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/20 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

[image]

Today is my birthday. I am 9 years old. I am hoping to get some of my favorite desert for super tonight. ICE CREAM I just love it. I know when Mom or Dad opens the freezer I can hear them take out the ice cream. I look at them like well where is mine and 99% of the time I get some. I just love my ice cream.

The sun is shining and looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day. So I will be taking Dad and maybe Mom on some walks to enjoy the sunshine and celebrate my birthday. [emoticon]

Happy birthday Pickles

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Yesterday I started feeling bad and had a low grade fever. Turns out I have a UTI. So I don't have the virus bug or anything exciting going on, just old age and a UTI. I slept intil 10AM this morning. Dixie was up and down on the bed trying to get me up. Boy I feel kind od rough with the UTI. Diapers are the dress for the day. Last night I woke up sweating like a race horse. I had a fever of 101.7 yesterday. was afraid I was coming down with the virus. After talking with the doctor the only thing I had was a fever without the shortness of breath and without the other symptoms. later in the evening I realized where my real problems were. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to see my other doctor and get an antibiotic.

I guess then all is well for now. Just wait and see how things turn out tomorrow. I hope all is well with everyone and you are safe and healthy. I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. cat fight on the front porch gotta go.

* This post was edited 04/11/20 09:00am by Dixie Flyer *

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Easter to everyone. Found out the other day one of my Grand Daughters tested positive and so did her Husband. Their symptoms did not include a fever or hard breathing. You all be careful.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

I got out of the house for the first time in a week over the weekend. We took the motorhome on about a 50 mile drive. It has been sitting for 2 months so I wanted to give it some exercise and to run the generator for awhile.

It seems like all I have been doing lately is spending money. I have been wanting to get my windows replaced in the house for several years. I finally reached out to a local window company and they came out and measured last week. I am having impact windows installed. They are supposed to be good for 150mph windows and they have a 30 year warranty on them. If any of them fog up, they will replace them for free (including labor).

We also took a trip to the local Jeep dealership. Jeep has been offering 0% interest and the lot is full of Jeeps/cars/trucks that aren't moving. We ended up getting a really good deal and traded in Donna's 2014 black jeep on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler 4 Dr. It has so many bells and whistles that it will take some time to figure everything out. Adaptive cruise control, dual zone climate control, backup cameras, automatic top, etc. The dealership did a good job with social distancing. They didn't have any cars in the showroom because they had large tables that were spaced out. The only person I go close to was the sales person who sat in the back seat during the test drive.

So I have done by part by helping out the local economy this week!

Here are a couple of pictures of Donna's new Jeep.

[image]

[image]

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures of Donna's new Jeep.

[image]

[image]

I really like the color of Donna's new jeep. Years ago when Garland and I were in our "classic car" phase, we had a 1959 Chevy that we had painted just about that exact color.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.