Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3143  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Last night I slept like a baby. This morning I didn't want to get up but Sue was determined that I would get up and face the day. Don't know what is going on with me but I am tired after all he rest. I lay around until about 10:am and now about to eat waffles for breakfast. Maybe after a while I will get a surge od energy from some where.

Okay I need to get moving so I can face the day. I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 05/18/20 08:38am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We have decided to not goto the funeral. Too many cases of the virus in that area. Since Wd had the virus while he was in the nursing home and Robin visiting Ed It is too risky being around Robin and the family. So we will stay home and send our condolences.

Something is wrong. I just don't have any energy. This morning I slept until 10:30. Sue thinks it is the prednisone. Maybe it is. Monday I will call my doctor and talk with him about it. Meanwhile Sue is upset. I can't just stop taking the prednisone all at once. So I will have to wean myself off a little at a time.

I hope all is well with everyone. Wishing you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for ne and be sure to tell someone you love them..

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/20 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Running into trouble with the neighbor and the cats. They are not feeding them enough food and we have been filling in the slack. Now they are upset with us about feeding them. Their purpose for the cats is to have them hunt for their food to keep down mice and other critters in the fields. Fluff is so skinny you can see his shoulder bones. We are not the only ones feeding them as the neighbors across the street are feeding them also. Don't know what to do because they are not our cats. Hate to see them go hungry. Little Bit has disappeared. WE don't have any idea what has happened to her. She was the sweetest thing. so loving. She always sat on top of the cat condo looking into the house wanting to come inside. So the young kitten the feral and now Little Bit are gone.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I have no energy at ll. I want to sleep all the time. Just can't seem to get out of bed in eth mornings. Sue is getting aggravated with me and says I should see my doctor. I have called this morning and talked with his nurse. Now I wait to see what happens next. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to five the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. My Doctor just called and set an appointment for me for this afternoon.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you contacted the Doctor.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before we went full time, we had a feral cat who hung around all the time. I'm not really a cat person, but I am an animal person and don't want anything to suffer. I started to feed her as winter approached. Eventually I put a cat house filled with straw out on the deck and put a rug over it so she could keep warm. Most of the time she slept on top of it, but I was satisfied she could stay warm. Even though I fed her well, she still brought me "gifts" she had killed. The dogs always chased her till one day she didn't run. The dogs braked so hard they nearly ran into her. They all became friends and even though I could never touch her, she and the dogs were close. I made arrangements for a neighbor to care for her when we sold our house and went full time. But she disappeared some time that summer and I'm sure she died. She was an old cat by that time.

I think your neighbors are wrong about the cats. They need to take responsibility to care for them.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment Richard. Hope you can find some answers.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Went to the doctor yesterday. He had the Lab people draw blood and said he would call me sometime today with the results. This morning I slept until 9:am. This doesn't make Sue happy, but I just can't help it. I feel okay once I get up. It's just making that first effort of getting out of bed that is so hard for me.

Well the neighbor tried to bully me yesterday and that didn't go over very well as I pushed back. I don't know where this cat issue is going to end up, but I don't think it is going to be nice. Okay I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 05/19/20 01:59pm by Dixie Flyer *

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, so sorry about your son in law. I'm sure it was a difficult decision to not go, especially with your current problem of the tiredness and sleeping in late. Let us know what the Doc says after the blood work is looked at. I've got the same thing going on but also no appetite and a feeling of fullness after eating a few bites. Will be setting up an appointment with my Doc if it persists. I go to bed around 10:30pm and don't get out of bed until 9:30-10:00 am.
And I walk each evening for a little over a mile, giving out milk bones to my doggie friends in the neighborhood. There is one, Struts, a pointer who sees me coming a block away. He gets two each time unless I miss a day. Then he moans and barks until I give him a third one. Funny dog, if I don't miss a day he will go lay down by the front door in the shade after his two, but miss a day and two won't work until he gets one more to make up for the missed day.
Then there is Maggie an old Golden Retreiver, she has a huge lump on her back just in front of her tail. She has a hard time getting up and walking. The Vet won't operate because of her age. But when she sees me she jumps up and runs to me like a young dog to get her treat. She sits and chews her treat a lot slower then most dogs, enjoying every bite. She is such a good girl her owner, Pam, lets her out front with no fence and she will not go past the grass.
Enough for now, everyone stay safe and Richard I'm hoping your blood work comes back clear.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walked outside and met Old Man winter. He's back. The wind is blowing very hard and it's cold. SUZIE WASN'T AT ALL HAPPY WITH THE WALK. IT'S COLD ENOUGH FOR A FIRE IN THE FIRE PLACE TONIGHT. I WOULDIKE TO HOOK UP THE CAMPER AND HEAD SOUTH. I GOT MY VISION BACK TODAY. HAD THE OPTOMATRIST MOVE THE TRI VOCALS UP IN THE LENS AND THAT MADE THE DIFFERENCE. i wasn't able to read, but my far vision was okay. Now my near site is good as well as my far sight. Midnight the kitty is back looking for company. He has become so loving. Fluf is also back and last night i saw the feral kitty. That is the first time i have seen the feral in months. I am typi g this on the phone, so i am not able to see the full page.just hope it looks okay.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. The doctor called this morning to report that the blood work showed I was healthy. Nothing going on there. So guess I am just lazy, or perhaps being 79 has caught up with me. Any way he says what ever I am doing just keep on doing it as the blood work shows I am very healthy.

It is still raining here with rivers and creeks overflowing their banks. WE don't have serious flooding yet, but warning are out got id to experience some flooding. Last night I was thinking back to a fishing trip I made to the mountains a few years ago with both of the so in laws. I caught some nice Rainbow Trout on that trip, maybe its time to go back and see if I can repeat the same great time. I suppose I will have to wait for the water to go down or be swept away/ All of our rivers are swollen from the heavy rain. Bit anyway it something to look forward to.

I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I slept until 9:15 this morning. I could have still lain in bed longer, but I was starting to feel guilty. It is a beautiful morning here in the Deep South. The sun is shinning and no dark clouds in the sky. We can expect more rain today in the late afternoon. The high today will be in the lower 80's. My son Scott is coming to see us and I am going to take him trout fishing in the mountains. That will be fun.

I hope everyone is well and having a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3143  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.