Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning every one. I slept until 9:15 this morning. I got up at 5:am with low blood sugar. So I ate an early breakfast went back to bed and slept until 9:15. Now I am sitting at the computer typing on the Old Fella thread while Sue is preparing food for later in the day. Yesterday I mowed the lawn all 2 Acres of it and then repaired the flower bed that belongs to the neighbor that ran over with the lawn mower. Went to the lawn and garden supply store on Fairview to get mulch and while there a big thunder storm came through. When we got home we found everything still standing and in order. Much damage out in eth county however with power outages.

The black cat named Mid night is still with us. Mid night seems to prefer our house and the Cat condo than her owners home. She is such a sweet cat. Yesterday when I went out on the front porch and sat in the rocking chair she jumped up in my lap wanting some love. She sleeps on top of the cat condo mostly instead of inside of it. Maybe she feels by being on top of it nothing can sneak up on her.

Anyway we are supposed to have a great day today with plenty of sunshine and temps in the 80's. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 05/23/20 09:20am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/20 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Can you believe it is 85 degrees already this morning. Just hold on, it will change before the weekend is out. WE have had a lot od rain lately which cools things down. The camper is sitting in the back yard unused and waiting. I decided to Pinehurst for a few days to play some golf. Taking both of the son in laws and the twin daughters, Going to drive the Arnold Palmer 72 Lincoln when we go for a little bit of nostalgia. When I was in college we played a tournament there. That was 52 years ago. I didn't play that well, but I enjoyed the course. The old Lincoln will get some attention as being related to Arnold Palmer. Don't know exactly when we will be going, but sometime in June I expect. Son Scott declined the invitation saying he was done with Golf. That's ashamed because he was a scratch golfer at one time. He could hit a drive right down the middle of the fairway three hundred yards. His short game was exceptional. Wish I knew why he gave it up. I guess it was during the time of his racing career when things were going at a fast pace and there was no time for much else. Anyway I really believed he could have been a serious contender on the PGA tour at one time.
Scott could do just about anything he set his mind to.
Okay enough of that. I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy this morning, looks like rain. Yesterday we got a heavy thunder storm, The wind blew like crazy and the rain fell in sheets, The temperature dropped by 12 degrees in a matter of a few minutes. This morning it is cool and we can expect more rain. THe fur babies are doing good. Lizzie the cat is running around acting crazy. Dixie was running through the house with her miss piggy toy. NOw she is resting in the lounge chair looking at me as if asking "What's next. Suzie is lying on the floor just wanting to be left alone. I might fo fishing today and add to the pot so we can have a great feast in a few days. I love fried fish especially fresh just out of the pond or river.

I hope all is well with everyone, I am just getting lazy and want to either take a nap or just sit around watching the news and weather. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. The Old fella rescue is doing okay, just need some donations to keep things going.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's raining and cool here in the Deep South, Everyone has snuggled down waiting to see if the sun comes out. Midnight is asleep on top of the cat condo. while Dixie and Suzie are snuggled in their beds. We have nothing planned for the day, just do whatever we need to inside the house. The yard work will wait until it dries out. We have mulch sitting on the trailer waiting to be spread put on the flower beds outside. It can sit there until the cows come home as far as I am concerned.

The Old Fella Burke Country Animal Rescue is still going strong. Margie is doing a great job of keeping things going. Every month they ship off about forty fur babies to the North East animal shelter so they can find their forever homes. This has worked well for all concerned. So glad to see the homeless puppies and adult dogs find a loving home. Old Fella would be proud.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

Donna and I had a nice trip in the motorhome. We stayed at Hickory Point in Tarpon Springs. They have several sites right on the water and we had a water site. We got there after work on Wednesday evening and came back on Sunday morning. We were supposed to be in Key West last week for a longer vacation but had to cancel. You have to be a resident or working in the keys to be there. They have two road blocks setup on the two roads that get you into the keys. I guess they are opening back up on June 1st. We will try and go again next year.

Tarpon Springs is a neat town. It's got a Greek influence there and lots of Greek food and restaurants. The sponge dock area is a neat place to walk around. Lots of stores and restaurants. We walked around for a bit and it was nice seeing businesses open again. Hopefully this virus stuff will be over soon.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/20 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well it's bed time and I am tired. No one has reported that they have had the virus, so that's good. I am going to bed get a good night's sleep. God willing I will post in the morning and find out how everyone is doing. MY daughter seems to be doing okay. Her husband's funeral was Monday, It was graveside at the church. Ed was 77 years old and had lived a rough life. He was a rodeo man. Yes he rode the bucking horses and trained horses for a living, Had lots of broken bones that gave him trouble as he got older. But he enjoyed life and enjoyed working with horses.

Robin will not carry on the horse ranch. She says she is not going to live that life of broken bones and torn muscles. THey have sold all the horses before Ed passed. Now she can relax and pleasure ride whne she gets the chance.

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/20 04:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are back in Indiana. We drove a rental car up to get our little motorhome that's in storage and get our cargo trailer and pack it with stuff in storage and my organ. Then we will drive it back home to Florida to unload and find a place for stuff. We won't be able to get everything, but it's a start. We don't really have to interact with anyone along the way. We will stop and get the Miata battery we left at my Mom's so we have a car to drive. Then the Mazda goes back in storage till July. We will visit with Mom outside social distancing of course.

A few weeks later we will fly up and rent a truck and load the rest of the stuff up and drive back. Then the middle of July we fly back up for the great niece's graduation. The only thing left up here will be the Miata and we are going to drive her back to Florida. Talking of a leisurely drive. Not sure how much shifting these old bunions can take. But Terry is driving the cars a bit, so he will be able to help. He wants to do the "tail of the dragon." It will be s . l . o . w for us oldsters, but will still be fun.

Everyone take care.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's raining here this morning and 67 degrees. Tail of the Dragon sounds like a winding twisting road. There is a road in North Carolina that has such a name. The motorcycle guys love. It is close to Marshall, NC it.

The fur babies are snug this morning as they lay and wait for the rain to stop. The grass has finally turned green. It has struggled this year with the weather being so unpredictable. WE didn't have any warm weather to speak of until last week. The nights were cold and the days were cool. WE didn't have much rain until about two weeks ago. Now we are wet down to the core. Our rivers and creeks are over the banks in many places. Some of our country side is flooded as is some of our nation. WE still haven't been anywhere with the camper. I called Camping world yesterday and they agreed to take it on consignment to see if they can sell it for me.

I watched the movie Blanche last night. It's about two old time friends who made a bet of whose chicken can fly the furthest. It is based a true story about two friends who through out their lives have made best with other over many different things, This time they took two chicken up in an airplane to 1,000 feet and threw them out of the plane. The last one to land won the bet. Tommy had a chicken named Blanche and Clifford had a chicken named Red Baron. Red Baron was a roster and Blanche was a hen that was given to Tommy to help him get through his wife's passing. It was an interesting story.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Things have gotten interesting here lately, A man has a 26' Custom Center Console Mako… with a 200 HP Suzuki motor talking trade on camper. He is asking $24,700 for the boat. it's a 2012 with tandem trailer. Looks in great shape. I don't know if this is something I want to do. I have talked with folks in the know about the boat and they say it is something folks would like to have. Maybe something to think about.

I will wait and see what develops. I hope all is well with everyone. Just got back from church. We had an outdoor service this morning with 179 people in attendance. It was so nice to be outside in the warm sunshine with a cool soft breeze blowing. I am going to eat lunch so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me. Be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone/ Found a much better deal on a smaller boat. It's a Bass boat 17 feet with all the bells and whistles. It's a Bass tracker. It seems the owner died four months ago and the wife is selling it for $1,400.00 , Says she wants it out of the yard as every time she sees it reminds her of her husband. It is two years old and I was told it was used very little. It has a 76 HP Mercury motor with depth finder and fish finder with a trolling motor. The pictures look like its brand new. We have been missing each other with phone calls I hope to connect sometime today and go pick it up. The Maco is too much boat for me. 26 feet with a 200 horse motor is something I really don't need. Besides things are looking up as far as us keeping the camper. Anyway tomorrow is another day and I will see what it brings.

I feel good, I have been getting plenty of rest. I am sleeping later tan I used to. Getting to bed at a decent hour and sleeping until 9 to 9:30 makes things better. I hope all is okay with everyone. The weather here is beautiful. Iy has finally gotten to be spring time and almost summer. I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.