Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone/ Found a much better deal on a smaller boat. It's a Bass boat 17 feet with all the bells and whistles.

Boy Richard, you are a glutton for punishment! Owning both a boat AND a RV. I did the boat thing for 10 years and one of the happiest days of my life was the day the new owner pulled the boat out of my yard. Lot's of $$$ for maintenance. I am assuming that you will be using the boat in fresh water. My boat was only used in salt water and it's like using it in acid. Took so long to clean it when we got home from a trip that I got tired of it. Sounds like a REALLY good deal though. I hope you use it a bunch a catch a lot of fish. Using a boat in fresh water requires much less maintenance.

Looks like my 4th of July plans aren't going to happen. We had to make plans for Jetty Park a year in advance to be able to get reservations. I had a RV spot next to a cabin that we rented for my nephew and his young family. My nephew works hard and has a wife and two small children. They rarely get to take a vacation and we had rented them the cabin for a couple of days while we were staying at Jetty Park. My wife bought all this cute beach stuff (small beach chairs, beach toys, etc) for the kids. Jetty Park called us on Monday and said they canceled our cabin reservations. They aren't opening the cabins again until September 15th. Our RV site hasn't been canceled yet but they don't know when the campground will reopen again. I am not holding my breath. This is the 2nd trip we have had canceled due to Covid-19. We had a week vacation planned in Key West a couple of weeks ago that got canceled. I only get 3 weeks vacation so my time off is precious. I have to use a certain amount of time off before August 1st so I guess I will just take time off and get some things done around the house.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had three reservations canceled, this is the longest our trailer had ever been parked [emoticon]

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have some good news. After being dianosed as a Type 2 diabetic and spending a week in the hospital in January (initial blood sugar over 1000), I am now off all insulin and controlling my sugar with diet. I went on the Freestyle Libre in March and find that a wonderful tool to use to help figure out what helps and what foods are trouble. I am now staying in range (under 130) the majority of time. I am using a combination of Keto, paleo, and just healthy eating. Sugar substitutes are a big no-no other than stevia or monk fruit. I find that almost every drink or yogurt has sucrolose(Splenda) in it, and it causes my blood sugar to skyrocket. It also makes me really tired. The endocrinologist told me yesterday that I had the best numbers they have seen in the last few months (95% in normal range for last week with no insulin) and no blood sugar over 200. I cook with coconut oil and lots of spices. I like cheese, veggies, and lots of berries. As side effect has been a 15% weight loss that effortlessly fell off and my energy is increasing. My own body is starting to respond to food and my goal is to put my diabetes in remission as I continue to lose weight. Initially, my doctor told me this was not possible, but after seeing my numbers, he has changed his mind. I can still eat most normal foods, just not white bread, white potatoes , or watermelon. The sensor has been a god send.

camping buddies - my husband,">
17 yr boy,18 yr girl,19 yr girl">
American Eskimo - Baby
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher good luck on your diet. When I was first diagnosed as a type two diabetic I was on a diet. That lasted about one year before I went in insulin. Now I take as many as six shots of novolog per day. I find that fatty foods hurt me the worse. Rice, bread and anything fried will shoot my blood sugar up. II love fried fish and French fries, that's a no, no. I love milk and that also runs my blood sugar up. Good luck and hope you do well on a diet. I have learn to eat what I want and chase it with insulin.

The bas boat deal has turned into a scam. So I won't be buying a bass boat. Can afford a new one not even a used one that's in good shape. so I will learn to fish from the bank and enjoy it. Besides son Scott has a nice one that I can sit my butt in when we can get together. Sue and I will be going to Modoc next week for a few days. I really like that campground. It has a lot of great memories. It's Old Fella's stomping grounds. I still think of that old dog just like he was still with us.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying themselves. Are you staying home? Sue and I don't venture out. We stay at home. Our church us holding services outside under the pavilion. That works out okay as we can sit in open spaces and not get crowded in. it's called socialized distancing. That a new term I have learned in my old age. Oh well live has changed in the last few months, Social media has become a battle ground. Lost of angry people on there. I guess I have been guilty of spewing some venom on there. I am sorry if I have offended any of my friends on Face Book. I am trying hard not to spread angry or hurtful words on there. Sometimes I just can't help myself, sorry.

Okay I need to get off of here and find something constructive to do.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have worked really hard. My goal has always been to get off the insulin. I have had bad reactions to the Basaglar and Levimir so really want to not have to take them. I was also taking Novolog every time I ate. I have a basic rule - non starchy veggies make up at least half the plate. Meat makes up part of the meal. I try to avoid breaded fried foods. I have found that I can fry eggs in coconut oil and add spinach, onions, cheese, and tomstoes to make an omelet that actually reduces my blood sugar. I fry foods in coconut oil, real butter, or pure olive oil. I have really only eliminated sugar and flour, so no cake or pies. I eat alot of fresh berries as desserts.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We finally got the 5er out storage Tuesday. Was able to put it on my Nieces property.
Since we moved last year we can not keep it on our property.
We spent the day cleaning it up and dewinterizing.

We both have the urge to go somewhere but we are uncertain of how safe it really is. Besides Ohio still has a travel ban on. Camp grounds are open but you have to stay on your site and no gatherings of more the 10 people.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

But Terry is driving the cars a bit, so he will be able to help. He wants to do the "tail of the dragon." It will be s . l . o . w for us oldsters, but will still be fun.

I rode the Tail on my motorcycle about 12 years ago. I found it to be a pleasant ride, not near as challenging as the mountain roads I regularly rode back in Virginia. Speed limit is 30 mph over the entire 11 miles. Drive the speed limit and you'll have a lovely, leisurely drive, where you can wave at the nice highway patrol officers who dot the road, especially in the summer, when so many motorcyclists like to run the Tail.

If you have the time, please drive the Cherohala Skyway, too. The views up top are magnificent.

Tail Of The Dragon

* This post was edited 06/17/20 05:09pm by Wanderlost *

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the tips, Wanderlost. That would be just how we would take the "Tail." With the Miata, I will be shifting a lot (6 speeds), but I love it! I can take off with the wind in my hair, shifting, etc. When I look down, I'm doing 40 mph. LOL It feels like I'm FLYING! And I'm doing 40! LOLOLOL

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/20 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost that sounds great. Just might try it some day. Right now we are stuck close to home. We will make a short trip to Modoc South Carolina next week for a few days just to get out of the house. We haven't been anywhere in the camper in over a year. So it's time to stretch our wings and fly a little. Right now I am being messed with by a scammer. I am playing along until it's time for me to give money or my bank account number. Then all it stop. I have run a check on all the information provided and the names used in the scam are real people whose names have ben reversed, like using their last name as a first name and lawyers whose names have been reversed. Anyway right now it's interesting, but risky. Besides I could use $850,000.00.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made it back to Florida today, got home, got the food out of the motorhome and in the house and unloaded all of the trailer except for my organ, which I am hiring out.

It rained off/on yesterday and today. That storm in the gulf sent its outer bands over Florida and we had periods of torrential downpour on the interstate. A gal in her Mercedes hydroplaned and put the nose into the guardrail. Lot of damage. She was moving pretty fast. Fortunately, most of the others slowed down in the downpours, but kept moving, so we covered the rest of the interstate we needed in good order. We got off and ran the last 60 miles on red roads which were not heavily traveled today and got home without incident.

The house is a pit. We just unloaded boxes into the living room. Our new furniture will not be delivered till the 19th, the room WAS empty, which was good. We ordered out pizza and are looking at relaxing and sleeping well in our new bed.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Dale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.