Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, the diagnosis may not be wrong. Sandy's Afib comes and goes. She's gotten to the point that she can "tell" or at least be suspicious of when her heart goes into Afib. We also have a Kardio Mobile monitor. It has been invaluable in assessing her situation. We had a period where her meds stopped working and the Kardia Mobile showed her in Afib. Working with her cardiologist we switched meds and she converted to normal rhythm.

All it takes is a run of Afib for a short period of time for emboli to form and then be spread where ever (brain causing a stroke for example).

Your monitor only measures what has gone on while you were wearing it. If they saw Afib while you were in the hospital and treated it, you may have converted to normal and just have not had another bout of Afib, yet.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

We met another couple in a Class A years ago. She did all the driving and everything else because her husband was going blind. He had a work related condition that caused his blindness, but they wanted to RV so they bought one and they go anyway!.

Since WLToo's Parkinson's Disease kicked in, I do all the Class A driving. He's still an excellent ground guide when we need to back into a tight space.

Richard, hope you're feeling better soon.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard Dr. Doug is right. Afib comes and goes it is not something that is consent.

Listen to your Dr.s get into therapy so you can fully recover.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I declined the divers test and evaluation of my ability to drive. I feel fine and have been driving. no problems. The monitor does not show any sign of heart trouble after four days of monitoring. Dr, Doug I hear you loud and clear and will wait to see how it all turns out Meanwhile I will keep my life as close to normal as I can.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. I am getting stronger. Still have the heart monitor and so far nothing is showing up. I still feel tired and want to sleep late in the mornings. Still having trouble with eye sight. but hope that is cured in time. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug and be sure to tell someone you love them. I wish you a blessed day.

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. I am getting stronger. Still have the heart monitor and so far nothing is showing up. I still feel tired and want to sleep late in the mornings. Still having trouble with eye sight. but hope that is cured in time. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug and be sure to tell someone you love them. I wish you a blessed day.

Stay strong Richard. We are all getting older and we have to keep our faith! [emoticon]

I have been suffering from hoarseness for quite a while and Dr today found a nodule on a vocal chord. Have to have surgery for a biopsy soon. I have Sarcoidosis in my lungs (this is a genetic condition that causes crystallization of the lymph nodes) and he is concerned that it may be a very rare occurrence on the vocal chord. We shall see, but at 70 I expect these things to come up. We regroup and move on, eh?

All the best!
Martyn

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT's & Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good afternoon everyone. Today was a lazy day. I never got dressed. Never took a shower. I m walking around in my Te shirt and sweat pants. Never done that before in my life.. I don't feel motivated to do anything. I am still not steady on my feet and want to sleep all the time. After breakfast this morning U sat in my chair and went to sleep until after lunch time.

Got notice from the hospital they want a check up visit next week. I agreed so I will go back for them to check me over. The dermatologist doctor said my growth wasn't cancer. so he froze it and said it would fall off in a few days. I am ready to go somewhere so as soon as I am ale we will go to Cherokee, NC for few days. All of a sudden I am missing the Mama dog, She wa so loving and protective. I miss her at night coming to the bed and licking my hand and rubbing her nose against me to let me know she was there standing watch. I feel she is always standing watch.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard I have stayed in my relaxing clothes all day before. There is nothing wrong with that every once in a while.

Hope you get some good news from your check up.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was a mess so I fixed it and moved the post down.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

. Good morning everyone. It's hard to get up each morning. I have to sit on the edge of the bed and put both feet on the floor and wait to see if I am strong enough to stand up with out falling over. Then make my way to the bathroom and take care of business then make my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and eat. Dixie is always on the bed at my feet waiting for me to make a move and then she will follow me into the kitchen and hang around until I am finished to see if there is any offerings for her. then she follows me to the bathroom and will wait on me to finish with my shower and then she will follow me into the bedroom and wait for me to get dressed and then follow me wherever I go. Dixie is such a loving girl. So attached to me. If I sit in the loungs chair she will jump up into my lap and stay thre as long as I sit . she will watch the TV and if there is a dog barking of doing something she will follow the action just like she understands what is going on. There was a Mountain lion of the TV one night on one of the western shows. It was snarling and hissing and getting ready for an attack and Dixie got all excited and when he big cat jumped on the man Dixie went crazy, She started barking and growling until I calm her down. I seem to be doing okay this morning. Just slow to move around. Sue is already busy outside. Its hot this morning. today is supposed to be a hot one with scattered showers. WE have had lots of rain lately, everything is pretty and green outside. I need to get moving so I will close wishing everyone a blessed day. be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Enjoy the day the Lord has made rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day the Lord has made

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.