Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2989  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With all the rain and snow melt the pond behind the house is close to breaching the earthen dam.

* This post was edited 02/10/18 10:13am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a day. It is 52* outside, raining and just miserable. Between the rain, the cold and snow we have had its hard to stay outside. We have had a few good days that were nice, but this is taking its toll. This has been the hardest winter I have been through in a long time.

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is just cloudy and wet here on the Texas coast. Got almost 4 inches of rain in three hours last night and my lake and creek are flooding again. Temps were 70's yesterday, with 30's tonight but it warms up later in the week. The weather channel says we will see the sun again on Feb. 22nd. This has been a strange and cold winter, at least for here. Dogs are well and we are keeping the doctors well fed. Everyone stay safe.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Princess 12, Guy 7 and Daisy 6. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had a lot of rain this winter, and our share of cold days, but little snow. So far, we have had one snow more than 3 inches, and that was about 6.

Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We woke up to 63 degrees and rain this morning. By Thursday we will be in the 70's[emoticon] I hope all is well with everyone. We are doing fine. The fur gang is well and happy. Last night we had a fire going in the fireplace while Izzie took his usual place on his bed in front of the hearth soaking up the heat. This is his favorite spot.

Sue is going outside with Dixie and Suzie, It is pouring down rain so she will open the garage door and watch them as they venture out into the yard to take care of business.

Today is Robin's birthday. She turns 58, time flies when you get to a certain point in life. Robin is my oldest daughter. She has had a venturous life. I watched her crash and burn so many times that I began to think she would never grow up. Four years ago she met the love of her life, married and is now very active in a Baptist church. Her husband Ed is a preacher and horse trainer, also a very good man. So glad to see her finally find her place in life, settle down and be content.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like our new weather station, and have joined the Weather Underground cast of many. Gives us a really good view of our immediate area.

Here in the Texas Hill Country it's cold and windy. Now keep in mind that "cold" is a relative term. It's a mite nippy to me, a Texas Panhandle native. To WLToo, a Texas Gulf Coast native, it's bloody cold. He's about to light up the fireplace. To Tall and Short Friends, it's pleasantly cool (Wisconsin and Maine natives).

So with those caveats: It's presently 30 degrees, feels like 22. Wind is from the NW at 8mph with gusts to 12. Later today, said gusts will rise to 15-25mph and the high will be 40. Maybe. It's mostly cloudy; there's a 20% chance of mixed precipitation starting in about 20 minutes. Today's high is 23 degrees colder than normal.

Spotacus thinks it's perfect laying on people weather.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny and Rudy, kitten brothers extraordinaire
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Its 61 degrees and raining this morning. Tuesday we will have a high of 44 degrees. so winter isn't done yet.

The fur gang is fine. Dixie and Suzie are out for a walk with Sue. So glad Sue takes that as her responsibility each morning. Izzie is doing well, resting as usual on his bed in front of the hearth. Me, well I am just taking it easy and will start my face the day activities after I am done posting on the thread. Sue just came in and put her cold hands to my bare skin and said it was cold outside.

The new word out is "Dilly, Dilly'. Does anyone know what it means, or is it just a catch phrase that came about from a TV commercial?

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

The new word out is "Dilly, Dilly'.... is it just a catch phrase that came about from a TV commercial?

Yup. Kinda dumb, ain't it. [emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 5 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, but it created a big sales in Super Bowl merchandise here that says "Philly, Philly", including a funny fan sign at the Parade that read "Tom Brady to the pit of misery - Philly, Philly".

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dashonthedash wrote:

Yeah, but it created a big sales in Super Bowl merchandise here that says "Philly, Philly", including a funny fan sign at the Parade that read "Tom Brady to the pit of misery - Philly, Philly".

Nice [emoticon]

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2989  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS