Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2990  
Prev  |  Next
SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/18 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With so many dogs scared of fireworks I'm amazed at my younger Shih Tzu, Rocky, who loves fireworks. The night of the 4th my older girl, Cookie, hid under the bed while my Rocky stayed outside to watch the fireworks. He actually loves to hear them and dances around when they explode in the sky. Good thing we have a doggie door or I would have been worn out opening and closing the back door all night. I know this is unusal, does anyone else have a dog who loves fireworks and even thunder?

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 04:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Update Dog was chipped, owner notified, will pick him up this afternoon. He was scared of the fireworks Wednesday night and ran away.

Good news. The Dog will be happy as well as his family.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SGTJOE wrote:

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Update Dog was chipped, owner notified, will pick him up this afternoon. He was scared of the fireworks Wednesday night and ran away.

See, he knew where to go to get back home. Good job Richard

[emoticon]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone.

[image]

We have another lost dog. This one is at the church. When we get there this morning I will check to see what is going on with it. The picture looks like a young Boxer mix dog.

All is well here at home. It was a cool day yesterday and last night. There was a drizzle all day which made it seem cooler.

The fur babies are well and waiting for Sue to take them for a walk. We are leaving for Savannah on the 27th, looking forward to going.

Okay I need to face the day and get ready for church. So I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

So love a happy ending. But WHY don't pet parents protect their dogs from fireworks? He could have been hit by a car escaping.

My daugher's spoo (standard poodle) can scale a 5-ft fence with ease. Kids have a totally fenced yard. They rescued her several years ago and to this day, when Pepper needs to go out, Mom, Dad, or 11-year old son puts her harness on and takes her out on a leash in a fenced yard. Proactive. A couple times a week they take her to a dog park. If other dogs are around to play with, she won't jump the fence. She runs like a deer, another reason why my daughter chooses NOT to have to chase her down!

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the time of year that the highest number of dogs become lost, because of the fireworks. Here, there were displays all around; worse, neighbors were setting off their own fireworks right in the street, and both my dogs were frantic.

Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is 65* here this morning, very pleasant outside. Sue just left with the girls for their morning walk. No rain in sight for the next few days and we will see the temperatures sore into the upper 80's and lower 90's.

I hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying your summer. We have stuck close to home this year, trying to make our travels short and enjoyable. The stray dog at the church was picked up by a good lady who also rescues dogs so I am assuming the dog is safe and being cared for.

We had a good day at church yesterday. Dr. Danny Settle brought the message in the morning service while Dr. Bob rests at home following his open heart surgery. Dr. Bill Owen preached the Sunday before and was told he did a great job. I missed that Sunday because I was at the emergency room getting attended to. This Wednesday night I will teach and then on the 22nd of this month I will bring the morning message. Our youth minister will preach next Sunday. He and I are the only Reverends in the church while the others hold Doctorate degrees.

We have five preachers in our church including Dr. Bob, unusual for a small church but blessed that we have so many that can step up and hold services when needed.

I just heard that the fifth boy was rescued from the cave in Thailand. Hope they all make it out safely.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 07/10/18 05:19am by Dixie Flyer *

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

We got back from our 5 day trip yesterday to Cape Canaveral. The motorhome did great and the shower no longer leaks. I did have a few drops of water come out of the top of one of the window frames. It wasn't raining at the time and was sunny outside. It didn't amount to much. I am wondering if it was just condensation since I had the motorhome pretty cool inside and it was very humid outside. When I got home, I took a hose and sprayed all around the window frame on the outside and no water came in. I guess I will have to keep an eye on it.

Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral is a really neat place, especially if you like the beach. The campground is right at the end of the shipping channel so one side of the campground is on the canal and another side is on the beach. You can watch the big cruise ships coming in and out the channel. The only bad thing is the campground has a 2 dog limit.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Here is a picture I took of the Disney ship leaving the port.

[image]

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday when we went for our evening walk we came across a stray Boxer. He made his way to our neighbors and immediately took up with the children. Angela brought him over and asked if it would be okay to put him in our fenced back yard. We agreed, but he had other ideas about where he wanted to stay. He jumped the fence and went back to the neighbors.

Sue went on line last night and think she found his owner. She contacted him and sent the information to our neighbor. Don't know where it went from there. This morning the dog jumped our fence to come into the back yard. Sue fed him and came back inside leaving the dog on the wooden deck. She went back out to check on him and he had jumped the fence and gone back to the neighbors. Hope all goes well for the Boxer today and his owner shows up to get him.

Yesterday Cherokee County in North Carolina got five to six inches of rain in five house. There was flooding and lots of damage to homes and roads.

I made reservations for Cross Fire RV Resort for the 27th of this month. Savannah, Georgia is a nice place to visit so we will be there for five days. Lots of good places to eat there. Williams Sea Food located of the road to Tybee Island closed some years ago, but at on time was the best place for Sea Food in the state.

Tybee Island has a lot of memories for me. I spent many a summer at Tybee Beach. Savannah has a lot of older colonial homes located on Victory drive with the large Oak tress with Spanish moss draping the branches. Savannah was spared the wrath of Sherman's march to the sea during he Civil War. Union troops occupied the city at the end of the war making camp in one of the old cemeteries. Lots of the grave markers were moved around or broken so after the Union soldiers left grave markers were lined up against a wall because folks didn't know exactly which grave the markers belonged, they are still lined up against this wall to this day.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Richard, Lori tried to look it up and couldn't find it. Found a Creek Fire that was new last year.

[email protected]
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the mistake Dan. I am getting old and forgetful. It should have been CreekFire Rv Resort

* This post was edited 07/10/18 05:59am by Dixie Flyer *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2990  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS