Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2961  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well with you. We are doing fine and already enjoying a brand new day. Yesterday was an easy day with not much going on. The fur gang is well and Sue is doing great.

The weather had been bearable lately, not too hot. WE haven't seen any rain for the past few days but the lawns are still pretty and green. The weather forecast is for temps to be in the lower 90's today so I plan to stay inside as much as I can.

Burch I was looking at the campground you stayed at over the weekend and it really looks great. I love the water and being able to see the big ships come in from the voyages is something I would like to see.

Sue just got back in without Suzie, said she just disappeared. I had better go find her.

Have a blessed day and be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in the Deep South. Sue is about to walk out the door taking Dixie and Suzie for their morning walk.

Yesterday was uneventful, nothing going on except routine things. It was very hot with temps in the 90's, so I stayed indoors much of the day. I haven't heard from the Old Fella Rescue lately so I will send an email to Margie to find out what is going on.

Thinking about our trip to Savannah knowing it is going to be very hot there this time of year, I will be careful about the heat and try to stay comfortable as much as I can.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see that Suzie wasn't lost.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Thinking about our trip to Savannah knowing it is going to be very hot there this time of year, I will be careful about the heat and try to stay comfortable as much as I can.

We will be taking a trip to Savannah in late October. We will be staying at the Red Gate campground. I have only been to Savannah once. Several years ago we took a trip there which was the first out of state trip we took with our new travel trailer (2011). The day before we left for Savannah, I got sick. By the end of our stay, I had to call my Dr. and get him to call me in some medicine to a local pharmacy. I was coughing up a lot of stuff from my lungs and thought I was going to die. I hadn't been that sick in a long time.

I have always wanted to go back to Savannah since we didn't get to do much as I was so sick last time.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/18 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Burch I was looking at the campground you stayed at over the weekend and it really looks great. I love the water and being able to see the big ships come in from the voyages is something I would like to see.

Jetty park is really a neat place. I love seeing the big ships come and go. Sometimes you will see a submarine. There is a sub base at port Canaveral. If you like space stuff, the Kennedy Space center is only about a 20 minute drive from Jetty Park. One of the free bus tours takes you out to this huge warehouse where they have a Saturn V rocket. This is the rocket that was used for all the Apollo missions. The rocket is giant! I couldn't believe how big is was. The space center is really neat and lots to see.

Burch

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day in the Deep South. The fur gang is well and ready to face the day while Sue and I are trying to get ready to face the day.

All is well here, but it is very hot during the day. We haven't had any afternoon rain showers lately, but the weather forecast says there is a possibility for rain this afternoon.

Dixie is still a puppy running through the house with a ball in her mouth wanting someone to play with her. She is such a loving soul, never in my life have I had a dog so loving and craving to be close to me. Wherever I go she is sure to follow. When I sit down she is in my lap if she can get there. I hope we live long enough to provide her with the home she is use to. At my age you never know what will happen from one day to the next.

Sue is a brittle diabetic, in good health. She is active and shows no signs of side effects from the disease. So for now we are all getting along fine and the future looks good for us, so we will trust God every day for His blessings and length of days.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We got rain last night with some strong thunder storms. This morning it is peaceful and quiet except for Dixie running through the house with her toys. Suzie is staying out of the way, resting on her bed in front for the fireplace. I have a doctor's appointment this morning to do some blood work. Sue is restless with back pain. After all the treatment she has gone through she is still having back pain.

I hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying the summer months. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, here is a picture from our campsite at Jetty Park. It is usually not this busy but this was over the 4th of July holiday. You can see the Carnival Cruise ship going out the channel. If you look to the right of this picture, you will see two cabins. There is a path the runs between them out to a gate (pass coded so beach goers can't come in the campground). If you walk out that gate it goes to the beach and as you can see straight ahead is the shipping channel. I like taking one of my bag chairs down to the channel and watch all the boats and ships come by.

[image]

Here is a picture of a submarine that came in during our stay. I don't know what it was venting from the top. I walked back down later and there was no smoke.

[image]

Burch

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Richard, here is a picture from our campsite at Jetty Park. It is usually not this busy but this was over the 4th of July holiday. You can see the Carnival Cruise ship going out the channel. If you look to the right of this picture, you will see two cabins. There is a path the runs between them out to a gate (pass coded so beach goers can't come in the campground). If you walk out that gate it goes to the beach and as you can see straight ahead is the shipping channel. I like taking one of my bag chairs down to the channel and watch all the boats and ships come by.

[image]

Here is a picture of a submarine that came in during our stay. I don't know what it was venting from the top. I walked back down later and there was no smoke.

[image]

Burch

Thanks for the pictures.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/18 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy and mild this morning. Yesterday it was nice most of the day with cloudy skies and temps in the lower 80's. I mowed the lawn and helped Sue trim shrubbery. Today I will haul off the rest of the stumps from the rose bushes and clean up the trimmings from cutting the shrubbery. Sue is going to refinish the front door. It catches the afternoon sun that bleaches out the door so it has to be sanded and restained often.

Dixie and Suzie are well, waiting for Sue to take them on their morning walk. The Old Fella Rescue is having a hard time keeping up with all the homeless animals in Burke County. The have over two hundred in their care right now and taking in more every day. The Burke County Commissioners don't seem to be able to do what they promised.

We are looking forward to our trip to Savannah, its been a while since we have been there. The last time we were there it was with Dan and Lori, that's been a few years ago.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend. I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2961  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS