Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3054  
Prev  |  Next
MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a small 1/4 acre lot and built a house on it almost 23 years ago. I bought northeast of town where there aren't any deed restrictions as I am a ham radio operator. I wanted to be able to put up a tower and have my antennas. On two sides of me were hundreds of acres of pasture land with lots of cattle. 22 1/2 years later I am surrounded by 1000s of homes. The county just approved 800 homes to be built down the street from me. My quiet country street now has a lot of traffic and they are planning to 4 lane it. It is unbelievable how much growth has sprung up around me. That is one of the reasons we purchased a travel trailer and now the motorhome so we can get away from all the craziness. I have been blessed with really good neighbors that have been living here from before I moved in. If it wasn't for them and my house being paid for I would move but unless I moved way out east, it would be no different. I don't know how the infrastructure keeps up with all the housing. We get our water from Lake Manatee and I can't believe there is enough water in the lake to keep up with all the new homes.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

I don't know how the infrastructure keeps up with all the housing.
Burch

These are the issues we are having here. The roads and school improvements have not kept up with the growth. We're lucky we're retired because we can usually adjust our travel times to avoid the busy times.

We love our "new" home and the area, but there are some issues.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

MetalGator wrote:

I don't know how the infrastructure keeps up with all the housing.
Burch

These are the issues we are having here. The roads and school improvements have not kept up with the growth. We're lucky we're retired because we can usually adjust our travel times to avoid the busy times.

We love our "new" home and the area, but there are some issues.

We recently moved 5 miles away, we went from wide open country to a development. We have been here almost 2 months now. Except for the construction during the day of more new homes going up It is peaceful here. In the old neighbor hood we were in line with air traffic. You could here the trains as we were close to the tracks. When the weather warmed up all the 4 wheelers dirt bikes and hot rods would race up the street.
So far in our new place when you sit outside it is quite and peaceful.
When the construction of homes is done there will 170 homes in our development. But we are in the middle of several other communities and there probably is well over a 1000.
So far it has not been a problem getting around. But like Doug said we are retired so we can adjust if need be.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. The Greenville area used to be a very laid back community. In the last twenty years it has gone to boom town. So many new homes and new shopping centers. Woodruff Road is a nightmare. The state for the past three years has been working on a new interchange where 385 and 85 intersect. It is just about finished, but I don't see any advantage to what they have done. The traffic pattern has been altered and changed hopefully making it easier traffic on 385 to merge with 85. The only problem is folks don't know how to merge.

We got some rain last night, not much but it wet the ground. We have more rain in the forecast for today. The fur gang is well and looking for a walk. I have a doctor's appointment so I have to get moving. So I will close wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur baoes a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy and looks like rain. There is a fprecast of rain for today but it's only fifty percent. It's 73 degrees right now with a strong breeze blowing. Sue just stepped out the door with Suzie and Dixie heading out for their morning walk. Yes, Lizzie the cat is watching from the back of the couch as they walk across the front yard heading out to the street.

Sue and I were discussing the sale of the camper and the truck after this Fall's trip to Sevierville. This summer will be our last trips with the camper. We leave July 14th for Michigan and then on to Ohio to visit Dan and Lori. Those two have been such good friends down through the years. We first met Dan and Lori when they adopted Anna back in 2007. They missed the first two Old Fella Rallies in Branson. Missouri and Colorado Springs but made every one since. Walter and Garland have made them all if I am correct, well maybe not the one at Four Paws in North Carolina.

Okay I have to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Sue and I were discussing the sale of the camper and the truck after this Fall's trip to Sevierville.

I am so glad I will be able to make this last trip. This is the first year that the dates worked for me

Today is Monty and Lola's 9th birthday! They are such sweet dogs. I can't wait for you to meet them in Sevierville along with my other two.

[image]

[image]

[image]

This last picture of Lola was taken at the Hilton Head resort.

Burch

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I typed a long post this morning only to lose it when I tried to post and close. SO Have a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. This is the first day of summer so enjoy yourselves and good camping.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday was a welcome day. Lots of sunshine and temperatures in the mid 70's. We were able to get some work done outside. So maybe the first day of of Summer the weather will start acting like Summer. Today is more of the same lots of sunshine and temperatures in mid 70's. [emoticon]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We had a huge thunderstorm this morning at 2:30. So this morning it is humid but cool at 68 degrees. We went to an outdoor gathering at the church last night where there was music, hotdogs and lots of fellowship. It was hot but under the shelter there was plenty of shade and a nice breeze blowing. Sue and I walked on the new memorial walk where we have some bricks with our family name. One of them has my son's name that passed away back in December 1964.

Suzie and Dixie are well as is Lizzie. Sue is busy fixing some hotdog Chili. She made some slaw the other night when we had fried fish so we will have slaw dogs and Chili dogs today.

June is just about gone and here comes hot and noisy July. Our neighbor across the pond will have 4th of July fireworks for us to watch. I can assure you someone's dog will be frightened and runaway because they won't bring them inside, then complain that their dog is missing.

Brady, the neighbor's dog that ran away and found its way back home has been confined to the house. We haven't seen him in the back yard when we go for our walk in the late afternoon, so I am assuming he is locked away so he cannot get out again.

I get the 72 Lincoln back Wednesday, so it will be ready to hit the road. I am looking forward to driving it once again as it is such a nice car for the highway. The air blows cold and it will be smooth now that all of the vibration is gone. I test drove it Tuesday to check out the work done so far and it is really smooth now. Monday the bushing will be replaced in the front end and that will take care of that for another 47 years. One of our friends at church traded his antique 36 Plymouth for a class "C" motorhome. It has some age on it but the pictures of it looked nice. He and his wife are making plans to head north to New Hampshire to visit some friends.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Yesterday was a welcome day. Lots of sunshine and temperatures in the mid 70's. We were able to get some work done outside. So maybe the first day of of Summer the weather will start acting like Summer. Today is more of the same lots of sunshine and temperatures in mid 70's. [emoticon]

I saw some pictures of flooded Ohio and its looks bad. The post on FB of Noah looking out of the Ark over the flood and being asked, "Where are we?" and he replied, "Ohio." was funny.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3054  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS