Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3086  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Its cloudy and looks like rain this morning. It's 68 degrees right now, nice start to the day. The girls are fine, waiting for someone to take them for a walk.

Getting excited about our trip coming up in July. I hope everything falls in place for us to be able to go without any health problems. I never know any more what the morning is going to hold for me. It's either stomach, eye or blood pressure.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed ay. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Yesterday afternoon we got a heavy thunderstorm. I had come home from church and let the awning out on the camper to dry and went to take a nap I was awakened by heavy wind and rain. I got up and ran to the window to look at the camper and the awning was dancing in the wind and I mean dancing. I thought it was going to blow off and sail away. I ran out to the camper, got soaking wet and let the awning up. It was difficult to get it up with the wind blowing it but I got it up. After the storm I went out to check for damage and found it to be okay.

This morning it a bright sun shiny day. The yard looks refreshed, green and needing to be mowed, but oh so beautiful outside this morning.

Yesterday in the Deacons meeting Dr. Bob announced he was retiring and the church needed to form a search committee to find a new pastor. I hate to see this, but at eighty years old he deserves to retire if that is what he really wants to do. He is a great pastor, one who takes care of the flock and finding someone of his caliber will be difficult.

The fur gang is well this morning, ready for their morning walk. Sue and I are okay, ready to face the day. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Maybe its a good day to go find a stray and give it a nice home.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. WE got more rain yesterday and last night. It wasn't a lot, just enough to keep ground wet and the grass and plants nice and green. It wasn't too hot as the temperature was in the mid 80's, better than in the 90's.

I have a lot going on right now with my health. Nothing major,just getting old type stuff. But it is wearing me down. Yesterday I decided to grease the wheel bearings on the camper so I went to NAPA and bought grease for the grease gum and had a hard time putting the tube inside the gun. It took me and the fellow at the store to get it put together. There is a black plastic cap that comes off of the chrome hub cover so you can get to the rubber plug that seals the grease fitting. All of this is no big deal, however putting the rubber seal back will be a challenge. Jeff is coming over to help so I will have back up.

The fur gang is well and happy. Sue is doing great and I am putting one foot in front of the other in hopes of getting through the morning. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have any camping plans for the 4th of July? I know most of you reading this forum are retired and probably avoid camping during the holidays but we use the day off to our advantage. We are taking off work early next Tuesday and heading to Jetty Park at Port Canaveral for 5 nights. That is our favorite place to go in the motorhome.

Speaking of motorhome, I went to our storage garage on Sunday afternoon to put something in the motorhome. We went to Lazydays resort the weekend before last and I got a bunch of bugs on the front of the motorhome. I grabbed a bucket and went inside to turn on the water pump to put some water in the bucket. I cleaned off the bugs and went home. When I got up the next morning to go to work I realized I hadn't turned the water pump off. On my lunch break, I went over to the garage and there was water underneath the motorhome! It seemed to be coming from the compartment where the water panel is. There is a hose that goes into the water pump that looks like it has a small water filter that has a screen inside. Both the hose and the filter were a little loose. I hand tightening both of them and dried out the compartment. I went over today during lunch and turned on the pump and ran some water into the sink. I checked the compartment and it was dry so hopefully my issue is fixed. I rarely use the water pump so it might have been like this for some time and I didn't realize it. I guess over time, things loosen up while driving your house around.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch we stay home on the July 4th weekend. It's always crowded and hard to find a nice quiet place to camp around here. So if we are going to have to listen to the fireworks I had rather do it at home where the fur babies are more comfortable.

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to Mesquite Nevada to watch the Elvis Presley Tribute where several men including one woman competed for overall winner. It was a blast. My Cookie and Rocky seemed upset because they didn't have the freedom of our grassy yard and their doggie door. Love the looks I get from Cookie, like hey take me home.
On the way the generator would run the a/c's at a stand still but once we started moving it would quit. Thank goodness it was not that hot. Once we checked in and I got her all settled I open my fridge and it was not working. So although we enjoyed those 50, 60 and 70's songs sang by these folks we sure hit bottom on the fridge and maybe even the generator. And to rub salt in the wound, Dometic discontinued making the cooling unit for my fridge. When it rains it pours. So much for getting the seats reupholstered for now. The Dometic tech will be here later tomorrow to see if he can fix it or look to replacing it. Oh, the wife did win over 450 bucks on the slots.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. SGTJOE I would have liked to have seen the show. I have been an Elvis Presley fan since I was a teenager. He was a great entertainer. I will always remember his show from Hawaii as one of his best.

This morning I have a doctor's appointment for a regular check up then come home and see about picking up the 72 Lincoln. Sometime today or tomorrow I need to mow the lawn. Yesterday with the help of my so-in-law Jeff we got the wheel bearings on the camper greased. Jeff brought over a meal he has prepared so we would have supper ready.

The fur gang is well, having eaten and now waiting for their morning walk. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug fro me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Burch we stay home on the July 4th weekend. It's always crowded and hard to find a nice quiet place to camp around here. So if we are going to have to listen to the fireworks I had rather do it at home where the fur babies are more comfortable.

We have gone to Jetty park the last three 4th of July's. When we check in, I basically reserve for the next 4th. You can reserve a year in advance and even then the sites are almost booked by the time I try and reserve.

My dogs don't like fireworks but at Jetty Park, the fireworks are at a distance and aren't too noisy. Murphy probably can't hear them anymore as she is really getting hard of hearing in her old age.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SGTJOE wrote:

...On the way the generator would run the a/c's at a stand still but once we started moving it would quit...

I've had that issue as well. Check the oil level, mine is very sensitive to low levels and cuts out when rockin and rollin down the road.

Also, I had an issue with a fuel line that was hanging down.

Fireworks are legal here in Indiana and they seem to go all summer. Our Kaiya was terrified and taught Kaylee to be scared. Sasha couldn't care less. We have yet to find a place isolated from the fireworks near us...

Doug

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

SGTJOE wrote:

...On the way the generator would run the a/c's at a stand still but once we started moving it would quit...

I've had that issue as well. Check the oil level, mine is very sensitive to low levels and cuts out when rockin and rollin down the road.

Also, I had an issue with a fuel line that was hanging down.

Fireworks are legal here in Indiana and they seem to go all summer. Our Kaiya was terrified and taught Kaylee to be scared. Sasha couldn't care less. We have yet to find a place isolated from the fireworks near us...

Doug

Thanks for that info on my genny, I'm going to change the oil & filter to make sure the correct amount is in it. For some reason there are no markings on the dip stick to show low oil.

My older Shih Tzu Cookie is scared of fireworks, but my Rocky Road loves fireworks and even thunder. When we first got him in Quartzsite AZ we went and stayed at a KOA in Laughlin NV. It was on an Indian Reservation and they sold fireworks and had a spot across the river you could set them off at. Rocky Road heard the noise and wanted outside so we went out and sat in a chair while he watched them going off. After a little while he figured out how to watch them whisteling in the air and when they would go off in the sky he would dance around. First dog I have ever seen that loves fireworks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3086  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS