Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/19 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

I hope you are healing well Richard.

We had a good time during our trip to Tarpon Springs this past weekend. Both nights we had very heavy rain and I am still fighting a leak in our dinette slide. I have had it back to camping world 3 times for this leak and they can't repair it so I am done with camping world. I have posted some pictures of the leak in the following thread. If anyone has any ideas on how to repair this, please let me know as I am getting very frustrated and am starting to worry about long term water damage. Luckily, I store the motor home in an enclosed garage so it is only exposed to the elements when we use it.

Water leak

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/19 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Burch did you check the inside of the facia plate on the slide. Sometimes they use that wide white tape there. But of the did not caulk the edge of facia and tape water can get in there and run down the wall.
I had that happen to me. Once I caulked all the inside of the facia plate on all the slide no more issue.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Burch did you check the inside of the facia plate on the slide. Sometimes they use that wide white tape there. But of the did not caulk the edge of facia and tape water can get in there and run down the wall.
I had that happen to me. Once I caulked all the inside of the facia plate on all the slide no more issue.

I was actually going to look at the tape on top of the slide this weekend. The problem is, I can only reach in a couple of feet since the slide topper is in the way but I can definitely get to the corner where I believe it is leaking. I have also reached out to another RV dealership/service center. It is in Orlando which is about 2 hours from me but they said they would look at our motor home even know they don't sell that brand. I'm not under warranty anymore so I guess it doesn't matter. I researched online and they have good reviews. I won't be dealing with Camping World anymore.

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/19 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used Coastal RV, highway 1 near Cocoa last year for an A/C problem. We were pleased. We used to use Camping Connection in Clermont, but they were bought out and subsequently closed.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/19 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been quiet here the last few days. Richard, I hope you are feeling better.

Well the saga with our leaking motorhome continues. I reached out to Thor and asked them about another dealer since camping world hasn't been able to fix our issue. Thor got right back to me and gave me a name of a local dealership that's only about 8 miles from my storage garage. I had bad luck with them while shopping for Motorhomes 2 years ago but the dealership has since changed ownership.

What a waste of time! I called them and they said they were backed up with motorhomes that had water leaks. They said they hadn't been able to fix the leaks in the last several motorhomes they worked on and had to send them back to the factory. He then told me to call Thor. I explained to him that I had talked to Thor and Thor told me to call his dealership. He then told me to call a mobile repair person. What a waste of time. I can't take the motorhome to the factory as it's in Indiana and I'm in Florida. I only get 3 weeks of vacation time so going to Indiana is out of the question. Very frustrated.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope everyone has a good day and hopefully the storm is not affecting anyone.

Burch

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/19 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Burch, I feel your pain. [emoticon] I came to the realization a long time ago that RV service departments in general are to be avoided at all costs, if possible. I am guessing that your best bet is to try and research and analyze your problem(s) and then, hopefully, try and fix it yourself.

I am not joking when I say that if your RV, or any RV, goes into the RV service department for one problem, it will probably be returned with two.
[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Well Burch, I feel your pain. [emoticon] I came to the realization a long time ago that RV service departments in general are to be avoided at all costs, if possible. I am guessing that your best bet is to try and research and analyze your problem(s) and then, hopefully, try and fix it yourself.

I am not joking when I say that if your RV, or any RV, goes into the RV service department for one problem, it will probably be returned with two.
[emoticon]

[emoticon]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Burch I feel for you with your troubles with your motorhome. Camping World in Spartanburg, South Carolina was my go to place for repairs. When their service manager died all of that changed with new personnel. I now have a mobile RV repairman who is excellent come to the house and do whatever is necessary.

Yesterday Anthony came out and resealed the roof, cleaned the A/C units top to bottom and checked out the trickle charge for the battery. He is very good and reasonable. Maybe you could find someone like that in your area to help you out. It seems in Florida there should be lots of mobile repairmen you can rely on.

Hopefully we are now ready for our trip in October. I am getting better every day. I am learning my limits right now, but soon Ii will be back to normal, whatever that is.

It is hot and dry here at Camp Dixie. All the rain is going around us. It is typical September weather for the Deep South. Back when I was a kid the farmers were finishing up picking cotton and heading to the Gin mill to have it baled. I remember seeing the mules and wagons lined up Liberty Street waiting their turn to have the cotton sucked up from the wagon.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holy Crud!!!! Is this thread still alive. I haven't seen it in years.

Edit: oh that’s how, I clicked on the wrong thread. Well at least it’s fresh new reading for me!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dodge guy, this thread/topic is immortal as long as RV.NET doesn't close it's doors.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.