Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eye surgery was successful. I am typing this post this morning with my new vision. Still not perfect but I am making it. The prednisone is driving my blood sugar off the walls. Yesterday at one point blood sugar was 566. This morning it was 285 fasting over night. NO matter how much insulin I take it won't come down. Maybe have to get off the prednisone and suffer with the muscle pain. Dr. Myers said the surgery was textbook as he finished yesterday. My vision is still veiled with a blue haze, but I can make things out as you can see as I type. Looking forward to our visit with Dan and Lori in a few weeks. I hope the weather in Ohio isn't bad while we are traveling or while we are there. This has been a troubling year for me. so glad we were able to travel to Sevierville to see some of the gang last October. Now just to make the trip to Ohio to visit Dan and Lori.

Gotta go so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Any typo's please excuse, at least I am trying

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Eye surgery was successful.

That's great news!

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/19 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, Discuss with your Dr the possibility of using an immunosuppresive other than prednisone. I know methotrexate is used in RA (often in conjunction with pred). It doesn't seem right to treat the polymyalgia in a way that makes your diabetes so uncontrolled.

Just thinking.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's raining here this morning and 65 degrees. Getting the Montana ready for our trip to Ohio to visit Dandy Dan and Lori. My vision is getting better this morning. I have floaters this morning, I guess that's normal after that kind of surgery, Anyway I am glad to be able to see anything out of that eye. Dr. Myers was happy about the results yesterday when we went for the check up. I am seeing pretty good out of the eye and yesterday I could read the chart without my glasses.

Saturday son Scott is coming for a visit and we plan to go to a restaurant called Sierra Nevada which is about sixty miles away up in the mountains close to Asheville, NC. I plan on driving the 72 Lincoln as Scott hasn't been in it since he gave it to me five years ago/ I think he will be impressed with the changes. Anyway I am looking forward to the trip.

Okay I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 10/30/19 12:08pm by Dixie Flyer *

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Richard, we certainly hope things continue to improve for you. The restaurant trip with your son sounds fun, especially if the weather is not too awful. It's pretty nasty here in STL, a cold rain a falling . . . . [emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Well Richard, we certainly hope things continue to improve for you. The restaurant trip with your son sounds fun, especially if the weather is not too awful. It's pretty nasty here in STL, a cold rain a falling . . . . [emoticon]
the weather here is wet but not cold. Looking forward to Saturday. I think the trip will be nice. My vision is much improved, surprised I'm doing so well. It's amazing the difference in colors. So bright and vivid. Right now life is full of wonderful experiences. God is good and He does answer prayers.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

It's pretty nasty here in STL, a cold rain a falling . . . .

Well, we've got a weather winter advisory... We're on the south end of the system so we'll only get about 2" of snow, but the north side of the Chicago area is supposed to get 6+. Temps are going down to the 20s.

I made a batch of soup and we're staying inside. Winter is here!!

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ice on the truck this morning![emoticon]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's raining and 71 degrees here in the deep south. Last night Dixie gave us a start when she charged at the door growling as if she was about to attack something. I looked outside and watched the kitty looking for somewhere to hide. Then I spotted the intruder. It was a black bear that had wandered down from the mountains. He was in no hurry, just looking and investigating the surroundings. They won't bother anything unless you get between them and their cubs. This was a small bear, not big at all, but big enough to cause you pain if you threatened it. I had my 9mm pistol, not big enough to bring him down, but it makes enough noise to scare him off. I am not at that age to shoot something just to ne shooting it. Live and let live is my old age motto.

We will be getting colder today as the cold front comes our way. We will be in the 30's tonight with light rain in the forecast.
Well time is marching on and it is getting closer to the time for us to visit Dan and Lori in Ohio. Hope the weather is good for us and not freezing cold so that we can enjoy our visit. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winter is certainly not in Florida right now. It was 89 yesterday and is supposed to be in the high 80s again today. The heat index has been over 100 with the humidity. We are supposed to get some relief this weekend as a cold front in coming through late Friday night. The high on Sunday is supposed to be in the high 70s so I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3144  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.