Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3137  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. The temperature is going down, It was 48 degrees when we got up and now itis 47 degrees, I need to out another log on the fire. Sue wants to take Lizzie to the vet for her shots We need to take Suzie and Dixie to get theirs also.

The wetherman says we will be cold this weekend with scattered showers, Bring it on. we have plenty of firewood and lots and lots of ways to get it started. WE haven;t seen much of the kitties lately, they seem to have taken off to places unknown, They come and eat the food. take a shprt nap in the bed and then move on. THey are so friendly and love attention. WE have a new one that has shown up. It's just a kitten, small black abd white and a little shy. Not sure if he is welcome or not, He runs away form us and the other kitties don't really care for him or her, whatever it is. BUt I have found it sleeping with the other kitties at times so they must let him socialize with them when they feel like it.

I have started hurting again when I stopped the prednisone, so I guess I will start it back today and see if it helps me again. When I was takiing it daily the pain stopped, but when I cut back on the dose like ir said to on the prescription bottle I started hurting again.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them..

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Good morning everyone. The temperature is going down, It was 48 degrees when we got up and now itis 47 degrees...

Today it was 18 with a wind chill of 8. Temps are more like January. We should have stayed in the mid-south after our great time in Seviervillle.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is 21* here this morning, and Inga says "Bring it on!". Just like Gretchen and Missy, she loves cold weather. She'll just sit out in the backyard basking in it. [emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is currently 81 degrees in Florida and supposed to get up to 86 degrees today. We have a cold front coming through later this evening and it will cool down some. Weekend temps should be in the high 70s and lows in the lower 60s.

Murphy seems to be doing better and not coughing as much but today is her last day of meds. Hopefully she will continue to improve.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's cold here this morning as that cold front works it way through the Deep South. Next week we will be in the 20's at night with high's in the mid to lower 40's during the day. There will be snow in the mountains next week hope it doesn't work it way down the slopes to us in the valley. Still have lots of firewood and making use of it right now. Got a fire going early this morning to take the chill off the house.

The fur babies are well even the kitties outside on the porch. They seem to be doing okay with the bed in the cardboard box. They sleep together all snuggled up in a tight ball to keep all the warm air trapped in. I think I will go look at a heated kitty house for them as one of them is expecting babies. Sue is going to have the others fixed so this won't happen again. Suzie and Dixie have learned to leave them alone except when one of the runs and then Suzie is going to give chase no matter what. We believe one of them is a main coon cat as he is large and has tuffs of hair in his ears. I believe that is one of the traits of a main coon isn't it?

The fire feels good this morning as the cold air settles in. It was 34* this morning AND STILL IN TE 30'S AS I SIT HERE TYPING ON THe COMPUTER. I LOOK OUT ON THE PORCH AT THE THREE KITTIES SNUGGLED IN THE BOX ON TOP OF THEIR SOFT FLUFFY BED. They ARE REALLY MAKING THEMSELVES AT HOME HERE. They FOLLOW US INTO The YARD WHEN WE GO OUT JUST LIKE A PUPPY DOG, tHE GRAy CAT WE CALL FLUFFY IS SO AFFECTIONATE and wants attention all the time. He is so loving and gentle. He is unlike any cat I have ever seen that is loose in the yard He is independent in that he likes his freedom, but still wants attention from people. He loves to get his belly rubbed. He eats like a horse but is willing to share his food with the others. He really loves the small black cat and takes up for it whenever he thinks it is being threatened. Sue is getting ready to go for a walk with the girls, She has on her heavy coat and Suzie is barking telling her to hurry up, let's go, Dixie is running around waiting for the leash to be attached to her collar, now they are walking out the door into the cold morning air. Okay I need to het moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Excuse my typing this morning as I seem to be having trouble with my fingers hitting the right keys.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday was a beautiful day sunny and a high in the lower 50's felt great. Our high today will be in the low 40's and that will be about noon. Then the temperature will fall as well as the snow. We are supposed to get around 5 inches or so. With lake effect one never knows. It will stay cold through out the week. We will have days that it will not get above freezing.

But then come them come the weekend and temperature will climb. Sunday we will be back in the mid 40's and by Wednesday back in the mid 50's .

Richard looks like you will still have good weather when you get to Ohio.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This morning I had a feast. Grits with red eye gravy with bits of country ham mixed in. Bacon with one egg sunny side up, coffee with OJ and a mouthful of pills. Today's forecast is snow in the mountains with us getting rain late in the day and then rain all day tomorrow with a mixture of sleet and snow in the mountains North of us in Asheville they will get mostly snow beginning this afternoon. WE still have the kitties outside, They seem to be doing okay. Yesterday a huge yellow cat showed up and took his fill of the cat food. From his looks he has been around the block once or twice, He must be an old tom cat, he sure bares the markings of an old seasoned veteran at combat.

Sue just left with Dixie and Suzie for their morning walk. It's 44* out this morning, not so bad but the temperature will be dipping into the 30's by this afternoon. I will need to haul more firewood up for the fireplace. I love the fireplace. It's work. but it's worth it. I just heard 21 degrees by in the morning, this from our weather man in Fox news. Heavy rain expected by this afternoon. What a mixture of weather, rain, snow sleet, turning back to rain then snow again with more sleet. I guess if you don't like the weather just wait a little bit and it will change.

I had better get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. WE will be on the road soon heading toward Ohio to visit Dan and Lori. pray we have safe travels. Won't be winterizing the camper anytime soon aa we hve plans to use it foe a while longer.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a nice weekend. Donna and I celebrated our 17th anniversary. We had our niece Rachael stay at the house to watch our dogs while we stayed at the Hard Rock resort for the weekend. We had a good time but I will be very busy again at work this week. We have been watching my mom's beagle (Lilly) while she is visiting my aunt in Kentucky. We will have Lilly until Thursday.

Murphy goes back to the vet today. She seems to be much better. She is still coughing but not nearly as much as she has been. They will be taking more x-rays on her throat.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Burch

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday we put in an offer on a house in a motorhome community. They countered and we will accept. We have looked at so many in the last few weeks. Very few do everything we want, but this place is big enough to park both motorhomes. That was the deciding factor. We can get everything we have here and it will be under the canopy. Terry will have a shop area. Didn't really want to spend this much money, but right now we are paying $3000+ a year for storage for everything. We will eventually sell our place in south Texas as well. It will take time to get everything here from Indiana and Texas, but once we do, we will be happy. We do not intend to stop traveling, but we wanted a place to "go to" when we stop traveling and more importantly, a place to stay if one of us should happen to become ill. We will prolly establish doctors in Tampa. They are renowned for their heart doctors. Terry's doctors are all in Indianapolis and he can't tolerate cold weather, so he had to be careful to only get sick in the summer. LOL It is about 2 hours from son Brandon and he often goes to Tampa on business, so we are right on the way.

We will be here at least through Thanksgiving, maybe longer, so Brandon is thrilled we will spend the holiday with him. We have some things in Texas we will move here. . . mainly the golf cart. We have no furniture for the new place, but it comes partially furnished. We are buying it from the kids whose dad died. They intended to move here and fixed it up for them. All new flooring, all new Pella replacement windows, and yesterday decided to put a new roof on it before it sold. There is all new paint on the inside and other than covering the pink walls in the dining room, I can live with it all. We won't have any maintenance for a long time. It is a Jacobsen manufactured home and there are new codes for tying these down. It passed that inspection, but the owners decided to beef up the anchors and added more. Once they got it all fixed up to suit them, they just couldn't live in their dad's house. There is still a lot of his stuff in there. . . they should have gotten it all out. . . that would have made a difference.

We have room for visitors so and kids/grandkids can all stay and visit. Also, many places have restrictions on the size of dogs. We will be dog sitting some for Lily, Brandon's goldendoodle and when Jocelyn visits they have a standard poodle. They are welcome in this park. There are a lot of things this park doesn't have, i.e. a pool, etc., but we don't ever use a pool and we could put in a hot tub, so hey. . . It was all series of tradeoffs and I think we will enjoy it here. The one neighbor came over and introduced himself. A very jolly fellow and everyone seems very friendly.

So we are closing December 1. All parties wanted to do it quickly, but with the Thanksgiving holiday to work around, we decided on the Monday after. We have an inspection to do and that's all.

Another reason for being here in Florida is that the weather in south Texas has changed so much in the last 30 years since Mom and Dad first started going down. Today the high in Mission is like 46* with 45 mph winds and rain. Here it's in the 80's. LOL We can handle that!

Take care fellow FOOFS and God bless.

Oh, Terry's latest blood work shows an improvement in his kidney function. The Entresto they tried him on stopped his kidney function and they were afraid there might be irreparable damage, but they seem to be bouncing back.

DAle

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great news, Dale. We are very happy things are working out for you.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3137  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.