Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3150  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/20 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Richard glad you got a good report from the Doctor.
Saturday's post had us concerned.

We need rain. Ground is very dry and hard. The lawns are brown and crunches when you walk on them. I had some yard work done and some new grass seed planted. The area around that is starting to turn green again from watering the newly planted seed.

We finally stayed 2 nights in the camper over the weekend. Stayed at our niece's property with a few family members we had 5 campers there. We had a good time.

It will be well in the 90's again today we have a heat warning from 11 Am to 4 Pm today.

Glad you finally got away even if it was only a short distance, We have had plenty of rain here. everything is pretty and green.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/20 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is currently raining on the western side of Ohio, then back to the heat wave. We got to take the truck camper out for the first time last weekend and going back this weekend. Bought a 2007 Lance last year.

camping buddies - my husband,">
17 yr boy,18 yr girl,19 yr girl">
American Eskimo - Baby
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally rained yesterday evening. So far we had a little rain this morning as well. Weather people say rain off and on today and tomorrow. Sure hope they are right.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goof morning everyone. Went to the heart doctor yesterday. the heart monitor showed no problems. I am free from the monitor and doing well. Doctor Eberly said I am healthy and fit. Enjoy life. SO just as soon as I fell able we will take a trip with the camper. WE have decided to go to St, Marys Georgia to visit my Nieces Kim White. her husband in the pastor of the First United Methodist church there. Looking forward to the visit. I am familiar with the area as I had a good friend Dr, Carl Drury There and I would go down there and stay on one of the islands he owned. Daughter Robin would spend the weekend riding horses. He had a great practice in Brunswick, Georgia not too far away. He got into trouble and ended up in jail for a long time. He just got out last June. Maybe I can find him and have a talk. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be ure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/20 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the prayers. I appreciate it very much. I am a believer in prayers. It sure can't hurt, that's for sure. In my ministry I have seen lots of things happen that couldn't be explained any other way than the hand of God healing someone when prayers were offered. I am a firm believer that God answers prayers. Anyway thank you for all who have offered to pray for me. The doctor said to me someone is watching over you, You dodged a bullet with the stroke. NO permanent damage. you are still here walking and talking and enjoying life. That's a miracle he said. Okay I am going to leave for bow. Some big changes coming our way soon/ Don't want to let the cat out of the bag so I will stop right here. See you later.

* This post was edited 07/15/20 09:01am by Dixie Flyer *

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/20 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got a clean bill of health

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/20 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just talked with Burke County Commissioner George DeLoach. He informed me they have broken ground for the old Fell animal shelter in Burke County, Georgia, George said the building is going to cost $700,000 dollars and will be one of the nicest animal shelters in Georgia. George told me I would be called to attend for its dedication when finished.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/20 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Just talked with Burke County Commissioner George DeLoach. He informed me they have broken ground for the old Fell animal shelter in Burke County, Georgia, George said the building is going to cost $700,000 dollars and will be one of the nicest animal shelters in Georgia. George told me I would be called to attend for its dedication when finished.

Richard, that is AWESOME!!

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/20 05:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When they honor you at the opening of the new place they need to post a HUGE picture of you and Old Fella in the lobby. The picture of you with him looking at you with those eyes says it all. It would be awesome.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great to hear they are finally building a facility.
Did he give you an estimation on completion?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3150  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.