Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3155  
Prev  |  Next
Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 04:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear from you Richard even if the news was not as good as we would like. We continue to pray for your recovery. We are taking both motorhomes next weekend and camping with our son's family. He's taking the little one.

Had to work on our refrigerator in the Phaeton. It's trying so hard to give up the ghost but we aren't ready to part with it. The seals around the doors have been leaking for years and that causes moisture buildup in the box. We have added tape, etc., to stop the air infiltration, but it has gotten worse. Norcold does not sell the seals. You have to buy the doors and the cost is very close to a new refrigerator. While we had it off, I totally cleaned it up, we tested to see where air could intrude and added some more weatherstripping to try and help. We shall see. It was easy to stay on top of it when we lived in it, but this summer we have been flying back to Indiana to bring more of our household stuff back, so we've shut it off. They just work so much better if they are never shut off.

We have made 4 trips back to Indiana from Florida since March. The first trip was a week when Mom was in the hospital. The next three were to bring stuff to our new home from storage. WE have completed all that and we now have everything here. Surprisingly, I only have about 8 boxes still to unpack. They are all our pictures, framed and unframed. Most I have already scanned in and will be pitching. Some framed ones will go up on the walls.

I just can't believe we did all that by the middle of July. WE flew twice and we have been back 2 1/2 weeks, so we made it without getting the virus. Yay! We got to see Mom each trip, socially distancing of course. She doesn't want people visiting because at 95 she wants to stay cautious. Good for her.

Take care fellow FOOF's.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard glad yo made it home safely. Sorry that you received a bad report about your health.
Even though you are not able to drive does not mean you can not travel. If Sue is willing to drive let her. If not the truck and 5er then a class C like Sgt. Joe said or another Motor home.

Dale you guys have really been busy and brave. This virus really has us thinking about everything we do. We don't do much except go to grocery store.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny

BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just found out my sister n law has Brain Cancer. She had lung cancer and had a lung removed January 2019. They said they got it all. She was getting scans ever 3 months. Don't know how they missed the Brain.

She fell a couple of times a week ago. They thought she had a stroke. After the MRI they saw 3 tumors on her brain. One is pushing on her nerves that makes her arm and leg go numb.
Wednesday they are going to try and shrink them with a gamma knife.
Please send prayers her way.
Thank you.

* This post was edited 08/08/20 06:47am by Toolguy5 *

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy, my husband had lung cancer in 2012. They did chemo and radiation to the chest then. A couple months later, radiation to the brain, as the first places it spreads is usually brain and liver. He is cancer free 7+ years later. Feel free to contact me if you want any more information.

camping buddies - my husband,">
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/20 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, sorry about your SIL. Boy have they made progress since the middle 80s. My dad had lung cancer and with the best therapy at the time he lasted about 8 months. Had metastasis just about everywhere when he eventually died.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, so sorry about your SIL. Praying for good results from the treatment.

Dale

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/20 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan sorry to hear about your SIL. Pray for good results in the treatment process. I have been laying low lately. not much activity on my end. My eye sight is not good. having a hard time getting around. can't see to drive. I stay tired all the time. Wish you well and good health.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/20 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found out yesterday that Baby has bone cancer in her front leg. Vet says maybe 6 months.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

Found out yesterday that Baby has bone cancer in her front leg. Vet says maybe 6 months.

So sorry.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3155  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.