Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3155  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

agteacher wrote:

Found out yesterday that Baby has bone cancer in her front leg. Vet says maybe 6 months.

So sorry.

Been there done that with three of our fur babies so sorry to hear this sad news

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

August is half over. Labor Day 3 weeks away. Camping season for us this year was waisted with the fear of the virus. Don’t know about Winter travels yet. With a surge of new cases and a second wave still expected don’t really know what the future will bring.

Sounds like even if a vaccine is ready not many are interested in getting it.
Maybe just maybe 2021 will bring a healthier year and more of normal life. What ever that will be.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny

BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't believe my MH has been sitting since early Dec.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

August is half over. Labor Day 3 weeks away. Camping season for us this year was waisted with the fear of the virus. Don’t know about Winter travels yet. With a surge of new cases and a second wave still expected don’t really know what the future will bring.

Sounds like even if a vaccine is ready not many are interested in getting it.
Maybe just maybe 2021 will bring a healthier year and more of normal life. What ever that will be.

I feel pretty confident that a vaccine will become available, but probably not widely available until the first half of 2021. If we get good protection with the vaccine, it should allow us to more freely move around with some sense of safety regardless of how many people take the vaccine.

We're also wondering about winter travel. I suspect the virus will be everywhere, so your chances of picking it up will be due more to your own habits than where you are.

We've investigated the two areas we normally go and we're able to get grocery pickup or delivery. We would rather be without snow, ice and below zero temps isolating in warmer weather. We will still be able to get out and walk on the beach as it's pretty deserted that time of year. We'll make decisions a little closer to the time.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that the truck has been sold I know for sure we are not going anywhere. I feel sad that this part of our lives is over. WE had so much fun and so many memories. Hard to know that our camping fays are over. WE do have money in the bank, no worries there, New car paid for sitting in the driveway. Bought a Ford Fusion. So far we like it. Pretty peppy for a four cylinder. Wish us luck with it. don't need a lemon at this point. Gosh it seems like yesterday we went to Modoc labor Day weekend 2005 and met Old Fella. A lot of water under the bridge since then. Old Fella Rallies all over the country. The Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue. Rv'er of the year in New Mexico. The memorial statue of OLD fELLA IN THE CITY PARK. The new shelter being built. It has been a fantastic few years. Now Sue and I are slowing down getting ready for our trip to our heavenly home. I am really getting old and my body id telling me its tired, This morning I could not get moving to go to church. Just didn't have it in me to get up and start moving. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell some one you love them. Signing off with love to everyone, Dixie Flyer giving it up for the day.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/20 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

It's been kind of slow here the last few days so thought I would check in.

We are getting new windows installed in our house today. The dogs are not happy with all the workers coming in and out. Monty and Lola are over being excited and are sleeping but Pinto is not happy. It's alway the little ones that try to be the Alpha dog!

We took a 4 day trip in the motorhome to Hickory Point RV resort in Tarpon Springs. We really had a nice time but it was really hot! I purchased a Magna Shade for our windshield back in January at the big RV show in Tampa. It really helps cool down the front of the motorhome.

On our second morning, I noticed that two panes of the large 3 pane window over the couch were fogging up. However, in the afternoon when the sun was on the other side of the motorhome, the fog went away. When I ordered the motorhome, I had dual pane windows installed.

I found a place in Hudson, Florida (about 80 miles north of me) that is a window repair facility for RVs. They take apart the windows and reseal them and reinstall them. They have a lifetime warranty so if the window fogs up again, they will fix. I dropped off the motorhome on Monday afternoon and they just called and said the window repair was done! I didn't expect it to get done that fast. The name of the place is Suncoast Designers. They have very good reviews online and the price was very reasonable.

I hope everyone is doing OK and staying safe.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on your new window, Burch. We had 8 of ours replaced on Phaeton Place 2 years ago. We had them done at RV Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas. We are very happy with them. We attempted to have them done at Suncoast in Florida, but they didn't return our calls. May have been too busy. They do have a good reputation. So does RV Doctor. Several of ours had to have the glass replaced, as it was etched, but we are glad we had it done.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I was lucky that I caught it fast before it could cause any damage. I have to pick it up on Saturday morning. I assume that I will eventually have other windows fail but at least the ones that Suncoast fix have a lifetime warranty.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost the post I just wrote so I will tell it again. we have a cabin rented at fire Creek in Savannah RV Resort. This is a first for us so I will tell you how it goes when we get back. The cabin is pet friendly so we will be able to take the girls with us. I hope we have a good time. Son Scott will be with us with his camper so we will have family with us. I hope it all goes well. I need to close for now so I will wish you a blessed day, be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/20 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A very heartwarming story about dog rescue pilot this morning on CBS Sunday morning

Dog is my copilot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3155  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.