Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1067  
Prev  |  Next
gsbrockman

Downtown Sand Gap, KY USA...

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Jim!!! It is a whopping 15*F here today....got down to 9*F last night. I can beat that 9.4 mpg.....I hit a nice 7.936 mpg grossing out at 34,060 lbs on 12/27/2017.
[image]

2018 RAM 4500 Tradesman Cab & Chassis, 6.7L CTD & AS69RC, 4.10 ratio, 225/70R19.5 Conti HDR, 60 inch C/A, 52+22 gal tanks, Aluminum Wheels, CM SK Series bed w/B&W Turnover Ball, 22,662 miles and 413 hours as of July 6th, 2018. (Average MPH = 54.9)

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The forecasters are saying that instead of 15 below for an overnight low tonight, it will be above zero. Still below freezing, but single digits above is much better than double digits below!
It looks like it will be that way all the coming week.
I spent a couple hours on the ATV plowing the lane today. Plowed out the mailboxes, got the turn-around at the end of the lane pretty well cleaned out, and my driveway done. By then, my feet were starting to hurt from the cold, even though I was wearing warm winter boots. Anyway, I gave up due to cold feet. At the time, the temperature was a nice even ZERO!
Now it is 10 above.
EDIT: I must have misread the numbers. Right now it is 20 below zero! It was 16 below about 90 minutes ago.

* This post was edited 12/31/17 07:44pm by mowermech *

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

NC Hauler

Pence Springs WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greg, so far, heaviest I’ve been is 28,400#. I can also say, for the first time in my towing life.. Towing on flat land... I don’t even know the 5er is back there!! Now in the mountains?? Yeah, I know it’s back there. Temps here for last 5-6 days have been as low as 24 up to 34, ( which it is right now. High yesterday was 50 and it’s supposed to get up to 55 today. Stay safe out there Greg!
Jon, I’ve been watching your weather forecast in Billings... I put my long handle underwater on when I heard your lows and highs! DANG... I couldn’t handle those temps for long. Stay safe.

Y’all have a great day and be careful out there on the roads

Later brothers,
Jim

Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

gsbrockman

Downtown Sand Gap, KY USA...

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Jim.........we have been experiencing some very unusually cold temps coupled with unusually long duration. We have had overnight lows in the negative degree ranges and daytime highs barely between mid teens to high teens...and this has been going on for about the last 10 days +/-. They are saying we may get a break towards Sunday or Monday. What about all of that snow in Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA.......krazeeeee I say!!!

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, Jim & Greg, we are in the midst of an early January thaw!
42 degrees at the moment, the roads are clear (mostly) of snow and ice, and the rest of the snow is slowly melting.
It is nice, but it will probably only last this week, then winter returns.
Y'all have a great day. I need to let the dog in, then go to the store for some fresh vegies for dinner.

NC Hauler

Pence Springs WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was in the low to mid 20’s here some last week, but this morning it was 44 and it’s cloudy and 67!! I MOWED THE YARD YESTERDAY!!! In my 67 years, I NEVER mowed a yard in January!! Shoveled a lot of snow, but never mowed a yard! I’ll take it. I hope you two and your families stay safe. Greg, if you’re delivering anywhere take it easy buddy... Jon, no sense in working on your ham antenna tower til the weather cooperates. Y’all take care,

Later
Jim

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RATS!!!
I knew it was coming, but it is still annoying!
40 degrees last night at bedtime.
This morning, 15 degrees, and there is a foot deep snowdrift at the back door. I can't tell if it is still snowing, because the 11 MPH winds are shifting the snow around so much we effectively have a "ground blizzard".
I haven't looked out front yet, but it is a pretty safe bet I can't get the car out of the garage; there is likely to be a 2 foot drift there.
Ah, well, such is the price we pay for living in Montana!

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snow, snow, and more snow!
9 degrees at present, and they are saying it will get up to 33 degrees by Wednesday, then back to the single digits.
We went out yesterday and did a quick shovel job on just the driveway. This morning there is another 6 inches+.
So, today I get to slog out to the barn and wake up the ATV to do some plowing.
I swept the deck when I let the dog out just a few minutes ago; where I swept is white already. Yep, it is still coming down, heavily!

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/18 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still snowing.
ATV won't start. Of course, the one without the plow started just fine!
dirty words...

NC Hauler

Pence Springs WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/18 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some rain and clouds on and off here. Highs in 60’s, lows in 50’’s . I walked into the woods along the lake bank and dragged some old downed limbs to build a low fence in front of our property. Looks pretty cocky.. though I paid for it with a sore back for a few days... Not doing a lot around here, hoping it’ll clear up and warm up some more so I can sow some grass. Hope all is well with you Jon, and Greg.
Take care, be safe and have a good week.. be careful in the cold and the snow buddy.

Jim

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1067  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS