Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1100  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, didn't get to 5 degrees , but it was chilly this morning. Supposed to warm up this week.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The motorhome is at the shop. They say the parts arrived Monday. I hope they can get it in and start the repairs; we have company coming sometime around Thanksgiving, need the extra bedroom!
they know they only have three weeks, they think they can get it done. Including the windshields! THAT would be wonderful, having all the work done leaving nothing to do in the spring. I like that idea.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

The motorhome is at the shop. They say the parts arrived Monday. I hope they can get it in and start the repairs; we have company coming sometime around Thanksgiving, need the extra bedroom!
they know they only have three weeks, they think they can get it done. Including the windshields! THAT would be wonderful, having all the work done leaving nothing to do in the spring. I like that idea.

RV repair, I hope they make the deadline, you know how that works. I hate dealing with those repair shops. Sometimes they are unavoidable [emoticon]

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/19 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think they will make it. Seeing as how they have three weeks to do about 4 days actual work, and the parts are already ordered and on hand...
Well, we'll see.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 01:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel bad for you guys who are having all the bad weather and low temps. It is hard to imagine that you have colder weather than we do here where we live in Alaska. We have been in the 30s to 40s depending on the time of day. It has been raining a lot, some fog and quite a lot of black ice - and moose - on the roads. I am sure that the winter weather will be here soon and will probably happen when I have to go to Anchorage (150 mi) for doctor appointment. Oh, I looked on the Airport Temp in Prudoe bay and it said it was 19 degrees. Accuracy unknown.

I got a new calendar for the new year and am trying to plan some outings now. I plan a trip for every weekend, even if it is only just a mile or two away. We have been dreaming of giving up all our stuff and hitting the road full time, but can't figure out how to get started.

Stay healthy and safe.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More snow this AM. Wet, sticky, sloppy stuff. It will probably melt off soon.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its warmed up here, got out ,and finished up a bit yard work. Going to be in the fifties for the next few days. No snow or rain in the forecast for a few days. Thinking of getting a fishing trip in before the ice.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The snow we got on the 4th melted, but now we have fresh stuff. I haven't been outside to look at a thermometer (it is cold out there!), and my nice new "weather station" seems to have had a failure, so I don't know what the temp is. IIRC, the forecast said the high for today was to be in the mid 20's.
but it will moderate ("they" say) tomorrow through Saturday, so the snow will be gone soon.
"Self-shoveling snow". I love it!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, I love that self shoveling [emoticon]

Headed to Wyoming tomorrow, just for the day to fish the Green River

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The weather station is still inop. Customer Service says the rechargeable battery may be dead, turn the sensor off and wait at least 24 hours before turning it back on. I consider that to mean at least three days of sunshine (solar cell recharge). But, then I got a letter from the company stating that there may be a software problem with the display, call and they will send a new one. That call has been made, the new display should be here this week. When I hook it up, I will turn the sensor back on and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I will consider that $80 wasted and buy a different model from a different company!
Another Canadian visitor moved in Saturday night, cold and snow (the remains of the last front all melted). the temp this morning is hovering near zero degrees, and there is about 2 inches of pretty, shiney, dangerous new snow. Roadways are, shall we say, interesting. Later in the week, the temps are supposed to be seasonal average or better, so this will be gone soon.
I sure wish ro_sie would come back and let us know what has happened...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1100  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS