Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1100  
Prev  |  Next
gsbrockman

Downtown Sand Gap, KY USA...

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been out on a long run, and have not had much extra time to frequent this thread.

With that being said.....continue to remember Kathy and family, as October 18th marked the one year anniversary of the death of Jim.

Gosh......how time flies.

2018 RAM 4500 Tradesman Cab & Chassis, 6.7L CTD & AS69RC, 4.10 ratio, 225/70R19.5 Conti HDR, 60 inch C/A, 52+22 gal tanks, Aluminum Wheels, CM SK Series bed w/B&W Turnover Ball. 170,020 miles and 2,997 hours as of October 13th, 2019. (Average MPH = 56.7)

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gsbrockman wrote:

I have been out on a long run, and have not had much extra time to frequent this thread.

With that being said.....continue to remember Kathy and family, as October 18th marked the one year anniversary of the death of Jim.

Gosh......how time flies.

A year , wow, yes time flies. Not the same , not seeing NcHauler posts. This forum as well as others.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, Jim is missed, for sure!
If there was anything I did NOT need today or this coming week, cold and snow would be at the top of the list, along with snowpacked roadways.
It is snowing. 32 degrees.
The motorhome is supposed to go in Tuesday for storm damage repairs (finally).
If the roads are snow packed and icy, it just ain't gonna happen until it warms up enough to clear that stuff off!

* This post was edited 10/26/19 08:42am by an administrator/moderator *

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn’t mention the problem whit the master actor that we had to replace. We spent as much in repairs as we did traveling I am just glad we had the problems in NY and not some place in between AK and NY.

We are still experiencing fall here and probably will be for another week. We Alaskans like to try to make the most of our outdoor time when we know it is limited. However, I plan to try to make an overnighter in the not to distant future if the sky is clear and we have Aurora. We will probably just head up to the Seward Hwy in the evening and use a pull off unless we can find an open campground that is open to the sky’s for the night view. Our camper keeps us cozy even if we have it winterized we still enjoy taking it out.

I was remembering other trips that we made east and came back on snowy roads. This year we left early and although there is snow in Tok and some northern areas of the highway, we have none here.

I do love winter in Alaska. Besides the scenery, get to meet our neighbors and do all the community things that small towns do. Winters where we live now are much milder and easier to manage than the ones we had in upstate NY.

Have a good weekend everyone.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

16 degrees F. and cloudy. If it doesn't snow too much today, perhaps tomorrow the roads will be ok for taking the motorhome in for repairs. I have to tow the Jeep so I have a way home, and there again, not fond of that idea on slick roads.
Oh, well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
Oh, yeah, I have to put the towbar back on the Jeep today. I hope it warms up a little...

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting a bit of snow this morning, barely sticking on the lawn. Nothing on the roads ,just wet.

gsbrockman

Downtown Sand Gap, KY USA...

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yall can keep that white stuff......

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gsbrockman wrote:

Yall can keep that white stuff......

I wish we didn't have it. Just heard a report on the 2-meter radio that Hwy 312 is solid ice all the way, Worden to Billings.
I don't think the motorhome is going to the dealer tomorrow (or today either, for that matter!). It may just sit where it is until after Thanksgiving, in hopes that the weather will moderate in December.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/19 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supposed to be a low of 5 degrees tomorrow night here in Utah where I live. I can't remember it being out of the teens for I don't know how long. also more snow coming tomorrow [emoticon]

Got a bit of yard work left ,but supposed to warm up into the fifties later this week ,and next.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

+1 degree F., with a slight breeze, for a wind chill of -6.
Whoops, changed already. Now -2, with a 2 MPH breeze, for a wind chill of -2.
All side roads are glare ice, but much of the freeway is clear. Still spotty ice out there, though.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1100  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.