Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pet Food Recall

rangerette
Explorer
Explorer
yahoo news link - pet food recall

There is incomplete information at this time, but thought it good to post this as soon as possible.
Jackie
245 REPLIES 245

vidotchis
Explorer
Explorer
RVSnowbird wrote:
dogdiva just posted a confirmation at MAJOR DOG AND CAT FOOD RECALL which is now a closed topic for reference only in favor of this one that was posted first.

I'll ask that it be made a temporary sticky.

RVSnowbird

Thankyou RVSnowbird for suggestions

dturm
Bravo raw - Salmonella
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Expansion of the Sunshine Mills recall:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/dog-food-recall-mold-byproduct-expands-fda

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dturm
The time of year we tend to see aflatoxin problems.

Sunshine Mills recall
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee

dturm
Raw pet food products test positive for Salmonella, Listeria

FDA is asking veterinarians to advise owners to safely dispose of certain Texas Tripe products after the company issued a recall

August 15, 2019

Texas Tripe has recalled dozens of its raw pet food products after samples tested positive for Salmonella and/or Listeria monocytogenes (L. mono).

The testing was completed by the Office of the Texas State Chemist (OTSC), which analyzed 23 samples and identified 16 as having tested positive for Salmonella and/or L. mono. The products then underwent further testing by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and were, again, found to be positive.

FDA and OTSC shared their findings with Texas Tripe and the firm initiated a recall.

The recalled products were sold frozen in 20- and 40-lb. cases, which contain multiple plastic pouches. According to the company, they were sold directly to consumers in the following states:
โ€ขAlabama;
โ€ขArizona;
โ€ขArkansas;
โ€ขCalifornia;
โ€ขColorado;
โ€ขFlorida;
โ€ขGeorgia;
โ€ขIllinois;
โ€ขKansas;
โ€ขKentucky;
โ€ขLouisiana;
โ€ขMichigan;
โ€ขMississippi;
โ€ขMissouri;
โ€ขNew Jersey;
โ€ขNew Mexico;
โ€ขNew York;
โ€ขNorth Carolina;
โ€ขOhio;
โ€ขOklahoma;
โ€ขPennsylvania;
โ€ขTennessee;
โ€ขTexas; and
โ€ขVirginia.

FDA is advising veterinarians to alert pet owners of the recall and suggest they safely discard any recalled products and thoroughly clean and disinfect the areas where they were stored.

Salmonella and L. mono can cause illness and death in humans and animals, especially those who are very young, very old, or have weak immune systems.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee

Sue_Bee
Explorer
Explorer
FDA to investigate after ABC7 exposes euthanasia drug in dog food

The ONLY way that pentobarbital gets into dog food is because the dog food maker is using meat from plants that render dogs and cats that have been euthanized.

The next time someone tells you that all pet foods are about the same, think of this.

HIDEOUT
Explorer
Explorer
RECALL~SMOKEHOUSE PET~BEEFY MUNCHIES~POSSIBLE SALMONELLA

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm596038.htm?utm_campaign=Smokehouse%20Pet%20Products%20Inc%20Recalls%20Limited%20Lots%20of%20โ€œBeefy%20Munchiesโ€%20Sold
Kevin & Dawn
Doggies:
Persalina & Moonbeam. We love you & miss you so very much!
Chloie Pearl & Muraco Misun
'07 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
Workhorse 24-8.1 Vortec w/6 sp. Allison
05 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Roadmaster Even Brake

dturm
The Bravo brand turkey and chicken dog and cat food products sold since last November were recalled after Nebraska officials tested samples and found salmonella, the FDA said. The company said a third-party testing lab had previously cleared the products prior to distribution.

The recalled pet foods are from a high-end line known as "raw diet," and must be kept refrigerated or frozen.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee

kckettridge
Explorer
Explorer
I think Diamond has had the most recalls and shut downs over the past many years and that is why I won't feed our pets any Diamond manufactured product. Including the Kirkland brands of pet foods Costco sells. We have been using Blue Buffalo for years and I haven't seen or heard of any recalls involving their foods anywhere.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
tomkatzid wrote:
Thank you for posting. I'll repost on my FB page. Several people I know feed CA.

I feed my westie mix California Natural Salmon and Peas (the only kibble I've found her severe allergies can tolerate), and I don't have any problems with it. Then recall dealt mainly with cat and ferret food/treats. The company was trying to be proactive by voluntarily recalling every product they make to test them, "just in case". So far, the dog food is fine, and it's now slowly making it's way back on the shelves. Unfortunately, it scared off my provider, and they've switched to carrying Merrick instead. Luckily, they've agreed to special order Maddie's food for me when I need it!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

HIDEOUT
Explorer
Explorer
Natura Pet Issues Voluntary Recall of Specialized Dry Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm344421.htm?source=govdelivery
Kevin & Dawn
Doggies:
Persalina & Moonbeam. We love you & miss you so very much!
Chloie Pearl & Muraco Misun
'07 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
Workhorse 24-8.1 Vortec w/6 sp. Allison
05 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Roadmaster Even Brake

tomkatzid
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting. I'll repost on my FB page. Several people I know feed CA.
Tom, Katz, Kelcee, Ashlee, Nina and Lucee all in a 22ft 1992 Toyota Dolphin !!!

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
EVO, Innova, California Natural and HealthWise Dog Food Recall
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
dturm wrote:
Update from FDA

1. Salmonella found in completed bag of food collected at plant
2. Salmonella testing of ingredient samples were negative
3. Salmonella testing of environmental samples were negative

It's a puzzle!! Where is it coming from????

From unclean slaughterhouses and underpaid immigrant slaughterhouse workers who don't care or who don't know any better. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Is anyone held accountable? Are these feed companies compensating the sick and dead pet owners? Paying their vet bills? Replacing loved pets or valuable show cats and valuable show and hunting dogs? I think not....
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~