cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WW Repairs

dedmiston
As just about all of us have read here, certain models of WW trailers have defects that have resulted in a number of different problems. To one degree or another, this subject has come up on this forum and most of the posts have eventually been locked and/or deleted. The forum administration has decided to make a one-time exception and allow this thread in order to help our forum members get informed and hopefully get their trailers repaired.

IMPORTANT GROUND RULES:
  • This thread is a one-off exception to the following forum rule:
    Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
    This exception applies to this one thread only. This rule will continue to be enforced in other threads. So keep the WW class action discussion in this thread, or your posts will be deleted.

• The following rule will still be enforced:
    You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
    In other words, no bashing allowed. This thread is for disseminating information, not venting your spleen. Flaming, trolling, bashing, etc. will not be permitted.

• Only general discussion of these problems and repairs are allowed. Specific questions about individual circumstances are not allowed ("my XYZ is bent, does this situation apply to me?").

• We all have brains. Please use them. Verify what you read here. I am wrong all the time. Please don't rely on me for any decisions you may choose to make. If you make a bad call, don't blame me, please.

• For the sake of full disclosure, I own a 2005 FS2600 and am having trouble with my trailer. I consider myself fairly objective, but that doesn't mean I don't ever have biases. In some recent cases where I could not be objective, I defered to Y-Guy and Admin to take the wheel. In this thread I will tell you what I've done and what my experiences have been.
Now, with that out of the way...

As most of you know, there has been a class action suit and Weekend Warrior is settling with the class. Here's a link to the Settlement Agreement: http://www.trailersettlement.com/sa.pdf. I won't go into the details of the settlement, because I don't want to be in the position of interpreting it or giving any legal clarification or advice. So if you're having trouble with your trailer, this is one possible avenue. Contact (866)459-6003 or visit www.trailersettlement.com for information about the class action settlement. They can tell you whether you qualify and where to go from there.

That's one option.

Without going into too many details, I discovered some problems with my trailer. After seeing pictures of some that were worse than mine, I decided I'd better do something before it got worse. However, I'm not a fan of class action suits. I've received too many checks for $10 in the mail to cover one class action or another. I didn't want to take the chance of having my trailer only partially fixed or having to personally pay a bunch of money for only half a fix. So I contacted Weekend Warrior directly and told them about my problems. Couldn't hurt, right?

Know what they said? "Let's make an appointment for you to bring it in and we'll fix it." :E

So yesterday I took my trailer down to beautiful Perris and dropped it off. I asked about the cost, and my service writer said they'd FIX IT. I watched him write up his sheet and he only filled in prices for the extra items I requested (fair 'nuf). Being the selfish guy I am, I took this bit of good news and high tailed it out of there counting myself a very lucky man. Sure, it would have been better if it hadn't broken in the first place. But the past can't be changed. I just want mine fixed.

After feeling fairly secure that I had MINE taken care of, I wanted to find out if I had just personally hit the jackpot or if this was the WW policy in these cases. So I contacted someone higher up at WW to find out if other people in this same situation could expect the same treatment. Here's what I was told:
Any customer who currently has an issue, we are standing behind [them]. If they have an issue that has not been resolved, we are directing them to contact us here, locally, or the dealership in their area.

We are standing behind our product. By that, I mean we are fixing anything that needs to be fixed as long as there are no apparent signs of abuse. If the consumer is, however, looking for any type of monetary compensation then we cannot directly assist them. They would then need to contact the (866)459-6003 number or visit www.trailersettlement.com.

There's your other option.

If you choose to contact Weekend Warrior directly for repairs, call (909)579-0353. The operator in Upland routes the calls to the appropriate repair facility in Perris (Superlite or Normal).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
585 REPLIES 585

shinyboat
Explorer
Explorer

The trailersettlement website doesn't function anymore. Do you by chance have the settlement docs that outline repairs?

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:
Don't use you real name So true! It came back to a lawsuit filed by a restaurant owner of a person that had a bad commit.

Wait, did you just agree with yourself 13 months later? :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use you real name So true! It came back to a lawsuit filed by a restaurant owner of a person that had a bad commit.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
As just about all of us have read here, certain models of WW trailers have defects that have resulted in a number of different problems. To one degree or another, this subject has come up on this forum and most of the posts have eventually been locked and/or deleted. The forum administration has decided to make a one-time exception and allow this thread in order to help our forum members get informed and hopefully get their trailers repaired.

IMPORTANT GROUND RULES:
  • This thread is a one-off exception to the following forum rule:
    Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
    This exception applies to this one thread only. This rule will continue to be enforced in other threads. So keep the WW class action discussion in this thread, or your posts will be deleted.

• The following rule will still be enforced:
    You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
    In other words, no bashing allowed. This thread is for disseminating information, not venting your spleen. Flaming, trolling, bashing, etc. will not be permitted.

• Only general discussion of these problems and repairs are allowed. Specific questions about individual circumstances are not allowed ("my XYZ is bent, does this situation apply to me?").

• We all have brains. Please use them. Verify what you read here. I am wrong all the time. Please don't rely on me for any decisions you may choose to make. If you make a bad call, don't blame me, please.

• For the sake of full disclosure, I own a 2005 FS2600 and am having trouble with my trailer. I consider myself fairly objective, but that doesn't mean I don't ever have biases. In some recent cases where I could not be objective, I defered to Y-Guy and Admin to take the wheel. In this thread I will tell you what I've done and what my experiences have been.
Now, with that out of the way...

As most of you know, there has been a class action suit and Weekend Warrior is settling with the class. Here's a link to the Settlement Agreement: http://www.trailersettlement.com/sa.pdf. I won't go into the details of the settlement, because I don't want to be in the position of interpreting it or giving any legal clarification or advice. So if you're having trouble with your trailer, this is one possible avenue. Contact (866)459-6003 or visit www.trailersettlement.com for information about the class action settlement. They can tell you whether you qualify and where to go from there.

That's one option.

Without going into too many details, I discovered some problems with my trailer. After seeing pictures of some that were worse than mine, I decided I'd better do something before it got worse. However, I'm not a fan of class action suits. I've received too many checks for $10 in the mail to cover one class action or another. I didn't want to take the chance of having my trailer only partially fixed or having to personally pay a bunch of money for only half a fix. So I contacted Weekend Warrior directly and told them about my problems. Couldn't hurt, right?

Know what they said? "Let's make an appointment for you to bring it in and we'll fix it." :E

So yesterday I took my trailer down to beautiful Perris and dropped it off. I asked about the cost, and my service writer said they'd FIX IT. I watched him write up his sheet and he only filled in prices for the extra items I requested (fair 'nuf). Being the selfish guy I am, I took this bit of good news and high tailed it out of there counting myself a very lucky man. Sure, it would have been better if it hadn't broken in the first place. But the past can't be changed. I just want mine fixed.

After feeling fairly secure that I had MINE taken care of, I wanted to find out if I had just personally hit the jackpot or if this was the WW policy in these cases. So I contacted someone higher up at WW to find out if other people in this same situation could expect the same treatment. Here's what I was told:
Any customer who currently has an issue, we are standing behind [them]. If they have an issue that has not been resolved, we are directing them to contact us here, locally, or the dealership in their area.

We are standing behind our product. By that, I mean we are fixing anything that needs to be fixed as long as there are no apparent signs of abuse. If the consumer is, however, looking for any type of monetary compensation then we cannot directly assist them. They would then need to contact the (866)459-6003 number or visit www.trailersettlement.com.

There's your other option.

If you choose to contact Weekend Warrior directly for repairs, call (909)579-0353. The operator in Upland routes the calls to the appropriate repair facility in Perris (Superlite or Normal).

I totally agree - ( however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden)

Use Yelp to bury them Note: Don't use you real name!

https://www.yelp.com/
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

SaltyDog251
Explorer
Explorer
Without me reading all 59 pages what is the general consensus on a 2009 WLFSC 2800?

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
We were never able to collect ANYTHING in regards to the class action suit. We were told by our attorney that no one responded to any paperwork not only on our behalf but any that were filed by the numerous people this company left stranded. Not sure if it is true but we heard that the company re-opened in a different state under the wife's name to avoid any further action. Good luck!

OR_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Do the defects covered by the class action apply to a 2006 FSC2800? I am looking at a used one and would like to know if I should avoid this model or not. Thanks!

dedmiston
CAMBAM wrote:
Hi All-- I have read the entire 58 pages here, and just want to thank all of the folks that have posted info and pics on repairs they have done to their WW toyhaulers in this thread..

I was given a 2008 WW a few months ago with significant water damage in and around the front nose section and am currently 50% thru my rebuild and have gotten many tips during this project by reading back thru and comparing pics... I have taken many pics myself since the beginning and do hope to post them someplace that others may benefit from once completed....Now just need to finish before hunting season!!

Thanks -

That's fantastic. Start a new thread when you're at a good point in your rebuild. I'd love to see your photos.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CAMBAM
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All-- I have read the entire 58 pages here, and just want to thank all of the folks that have posted info and pics on repairs they have done to their WW toyhaulers in this thread..

I was given a 2008 WW a few months ago with significant water damage in and around the front nose section and am currently 50% thru my rebuild and have gotten many tips during this project by reading back thru and comparing pics... I have taken many pics myself since the beginning and do hope to post them someplace that others may benefit from once completed....Now just need to finish before hunting season!!

Thanks -

MQUnlimited
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering where rv.net went until I was searching for something WW related and found the site! Anyway, I posted a few years ago about having my trailer repaired for water intrusion and frame repairs. Looks like I have to get all that work redone. DO NOT take your Weekend Warrior to Warrior Lifestyles. After a few years, the frame repairs they did are cracking and the water damaged areas they redid is failing. On my last camping trip, I began noticing my windows in the very back looked off. After further inspecting them, they are bowed out at the top and the walls appear to have no support in them. They developed a bow and to make matters worse, the top of the roof to walls has a separation.

I'd like to just get rid of this trailer but haven't come to terms about buying a 70-90K unit but they are sooo nice and better built.
www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
armdrag wrote:
I finally got the leak around the wheel wells. I had enough. called Insurance and filed a claim. They totaled it. I am now the proud owner of a Keystone carbon. with a roof that is made for the Northeast and a frame that wont twist and break.

so my wife likes the Carbon, how would you rate the quality, without bias as an owner if you can. Thanks

dedmiston
Steve92004 wrote:
Lol maybe "supposed" wasn't the right word, I just didn't know if it was the actual WW fix or somebody else's idea of a fix

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Steve92004
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Steve92004 wrote:
SuperDave23 wrote:
Interesting! That would definitely be a LOT easier. I assume you ran the 2x2 tubing back as far as possible to the rear? If I could figure out a way to bend the tongue back straight we could probably do that. A guy here at work does custom 4x4 chassis work on the side, he might have some ideas.

The spring hanger bracket I've seen photos of earlier in the thread, that looks super simple.

I thought there was additional outriggers for the wall and other reinforcement required or just the spring hanger reinforcements? Mine is the short 2300 version, so maybe that was on the larger ones?

Yes I ran the reinforcing tube all the way back to the frame
I saw there were heavier gauge outriggers that I didn't do... yet
There are some videos on how to check if your walls are dropping and mine aren't

Here's a supposed drawing of the actual WW tongue fix
I'm guessing the red line is the front wall of the trailer

Yep. I supposedly drew that. And yes, the red line is supposedly the front wall.

Lol maybe "supposed" wasn't the right word, I just didn't know if it was the actual WW fix or somebody else's idea of a fix

dedmiston
Steve92004 wrote:
SuperDave23 wrote:
Interesting! That would definitely be a LOT easier. I assume you ran the 2x2 tubing back as far as possible to the rear? If I could figure out a way to bend the tongue back straight we could probably do that. A guy here at work does custom 4x4 chassis work on the side, he might have some ideas.

The spring hanger bracket I've seen photos of earlier in the thread, that looks super simple.

I thought there was additional outriggers for the wall and other reinforcement required or just the spring hanger reinforcements? Mine is the short 2300 version, so maybe that was on the larger ones?

Yes I ran the reinforcing tube all the way back to the frame
I saw there were heavier gauge outriggers that I didn't do... yet
There are some videos on how to check if your walls are dropping and mine aren't

Here's a supposed drawing of the actual WW tongue fix
I'm guessing the red line is the front wall of the trailer

Yep. I supposedly drew that. And yes, the red line is supposedly the front wall.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230