Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Members welcoming fellow members
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Members welcoming fellow members

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
clikrf8

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/14 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We now have a paid parking area that caters to mountain bikers (pays for our camping trips and 10% goes to a local club). But, we have a level spot near the house where you can plug in. No dump or potable water (non-potable yes). We are usually home intermittently during the summer and always during the winter. We usually go on long trips during the spring and fall). We are on 6 acres with quick access to I5 between Seattle and Vancouver, BC. We would enjoy meeting our fellow TCers.

2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

LabMan1945

North Central Maine - God's Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/14 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am just off I95 in north central Maine in the shadow of Mount Katahdin (the end of the Appalachian Trail). I have a level area near the house as well as several other areas on the 344 acres I own. Electric could be available and potable water as well. No dumping of black water available. PM me first as I do tend to travel when I can.
Grant

Dodge 3500 CTD.
Northstar 850SC
Constant companions - Scoter and Skye - Black Labs (better than most people)

Desertboy

Oklahoma/ And Northern Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/14 12:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have any hookups, But I have a lot of pastures, and wooded area a person could dry camp on here in Oklahoma. If any of you ever have the misfortune of breakdowns in my area or any kind of emergency problems I will do all I can to help. I have tools, welders, cutting torches and all that jazz [emoticon] I would just hate to be stranded somewhere with no friends. So if your ever in need and your close to the 73450 area code, message me and Ill come get you. My land In Arizona is almost impossible to find, Its off of Highway 180 west of the snow Bowl and MT Humphreys. There are no road signs or markers, and the roads turns to like a forest road and heads off through the junipers and conifer's in the direction of the Canyon. I guess long ago kids tore down all the signs or they just fell down. But I found some of the signs on the ground. Its Canyon Vista Road 7 miles before you get to valle. But the signs gone lol.

* This post was last edited 01/06/14 01:09am by Desertboy *   View edit history

1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

Boatycall

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/14 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the latest "cleaned up" list.

This supersedes any previous list, as these people have confirmed they are still interested in being on the list. As I get more replies or IM's I'll update the list back on the original first post.

And yes, it's a screenshot, not a text-list. Sorry. The forum doesn't support any kind of formatting, like tables or tabs, so when I tried to list it as text it looked like a jumbled mess.

[image]

* This post was edited 01/06/14 11:18am by Boatycall *

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/14 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for updating Boatycall! Haven't had anyone take me up on my offer yet, but it still stands.

Happy New Year!

Dak

2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Roundtowner

OHIO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/14 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the update. I hope to be able make use of the contact info someday.
Larry

AKSuperDually

Kenai River, Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/14 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can add me to the list. Although, it would definitely be on a "first-come-first-serve" basis, and the list of friends and family is already getting long for this summer....it never hurts to ask. I've got room for 2-3 truck campers, no hook-ups...the parking area doesn't have power near it, but it is blocked from the road and the property is right on the Kenai river.

Bring beer, and I'll let you fish from my fish platform on the river.

edit to add: I can top water tanks at the house, but it would take several hundred feet of hose to reach the parking area.

2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/14 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll be headed out to Denver this fall and thought of checking this list. Doesn't look like there's anyone along my route signed up though. Once the DH retires I may add us but we're gone too much to be very welcoming right now.

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/14 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add me to the list for Charleston, SC area. Have 30A service and can refill your water tank.

Live in a subdivision, but it is usually very quiet. Parking is on my drive, but have plenty of room to accomadate a TC of any size.

Short notice is okay.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

trailgranny50

North Central Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/14 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enid, Oklahoma. Full hook up 30amp. Horse pen. Nice dogs welcome. Handy welder and camper guy comes to you. Lots of maneuvering room. Coffee always handy.

2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Members welcoming fellow members
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.