Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Table of Contents
Our 2009 travels started here on March 1, 2009
The first pictures appeared at page 15. We couldn't get our data card to work with our new computer.

New Orleans and the Bayou country can be seen here.

Lake Charles, LA, Austin,Tx, and the LBJ Texas White House can be viewed here.

We enjoyed San Angelo TX even though we were sick part of the time... visit it with us here.

Our favorite winter hide-out...Phoenix,AZ and White horse Pass. Here.

Heading north in AZ, Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert Starts here.

Canyon de Chelly has wonderful cliff dwellings and a FREE campground.

Mesa Verde and the Lodge are breath taking in every way.

Sheepcamp, rv.net member, sheep rancher, and wildfire fighter invited us to visit.

Note: If you are scrolling from start to finish you'd see our Hawaii adventure here... I couldn't wait to post. It is really near the end of the thread and near the end of this page where it should be.

We traveled through Monument Valley and on to Page, AZ. after we left Sheepcamp and Cortiz, ColoradoTravel with us here.

We visited the Glen Canyon Dam and traveled to the North Rim of then Grand Canyon

Red Canyon Is a beautiful park on the way into Bryce Canyon.

Bryce Canyon is one of the best parks on the country... unique.

Zion NP is Grand... in scale and views. to '55"

The Reagan Presidental Library. My wife proclaims it to be the best Presidental Library.

Booking our vacation to Hawaii while were in Simi Valley.

Visiting Sacramento , boondocking, the capital, and more.

Golden gate bridge and San Francisco are always special.

Revisited 2007 boondocking visit to San Quentin Prison with Reddog1 and his wife.

At this point we interupted our truck camper travel and vacationed in Hawaii and a cruise of the islands.
Please come with us.

.....Atlantis Submarine... we went down to 127ft for more than 1 hour. Wow!

.....Ship, island travel Neat stuff

.....Movie tour For memories... this is a must.

.....La'ua no trip would be complete with out one.

Back on the mainland and heading home... from San Francisco to Tennessee... through CA, NV, UT, WY, NE, IA, KS, MO, IL, and KY. We posted pictures all along the way... some favorite spots are listed below.

... Following I-80 we stopped at Donner Pass... where a party heading west resorted to canabalism... they ate human tissue to survive...

40 mile desert

Bonneyville Salt Flats

Contintal Divide boondocking and sunsets

Land between the Lakes

We returned home on July 24, 2009
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The 2010 trip started in June. See page 123.

Home to Silversands!

Table of Contents

Page

Table of Contents for 2010

Page

123 Heading North East from TN wirh a stop at Hershey Park

124 A visit with Suds54 and Birthplace of the US Navy

125 Vermont

126 US/Canada border crossing, to visit Silversands and Dunes

130 Canada/US border crossing, southern Maine woods, Sarampus

134 Sugar Loaf Ski area

136 Baxter State Park south western area

140 my visit to the now closed Loring Air Force Base

147 Long Lake, Sinclair, Maine

149 Long Lake Lodge, site of the USAF Recreation Center 50 years ago

150 a photo tour of the inside of Long Lake Lodge and the Cabins

154 The fort at Fort Kent, Me

157 Loring Military Heritage Center (Museum)

160 US/Canada border crossing, Limestone, Me to New Brunswick

163 Grand Falls, New Brunswick

167 Saint Quentin, NB

170 Boondocking in the dense woods of northern NB

173 a visit to Campbellton, NB

177 a visit to Bathurst, NB... concert

179 Acadian Peninsula... Grande Anse Light House, Sea cliffs, historic village

187 the bridge at Miramichi, NB... we are just passing through

189 visit to home made camper

191 the bridge to Prince Edward Island

195 a visit with the Jhawk's, touring, sail boat, and Windows on the Water

205 Sally's Beach Provential Park

207 Ship Wreck Point Light House, Naufrage Harbor, Boondocking

217 Cape Egmont Light House, Harbor, boondocking

228 Bridge to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia

237 Arisaig Light House

239 Face in Rock

241 241 Cape George Point Light House

245 Cape Breto Island, canso causeway

251 Louisbourg

254 Louisbourg Light House

262 Marconi Trail

264 beach

269 Boondocking Sydney, NS

274 Broad Cove Camp Ground, Cape Breton Highlands NP

282 Bay St Lawrence

288 Skiline Trail, boondock

291 Chetticamp, NS

294 baddeck, Alexander G Bell museum

298 passing through Antigonish

302 Special boondock

We are on the road again after a year sidelined for doctors. They went to a convention or something, we escaped.

We left through Level Pebble (Flat Rock, AL) and have made it as far as the BassPro shop in Plattsburg, AL.

Hope to get to Mobile or even Biloxi, MS tomorrow. I was stationed in Biloxi at Kessler AFB 51 years ago.

We'll be heading west from there... california in a couple of months... home in August
We hope to see some of you over the next 5 months.

Don't tell anyone where we are:W

Started this thread at 707 nights... todays subject edit on July 24, 2009
adding more and more pictures finally.

To find your way in this post you might like a table of contents... me too!

After you click on a link you can scroll up and down... or go to "prev" or "next" at the top or botton of the page.

Follow our 2009 truck camper travels over a total of 141 nights ...out of the 848 nights that we have traveled in the last 6 years

================================================================
Inquirees have made me think a bit...

and to share 2012 SPRING LOOP

the general plan... miss the tornados.... be home before the first of June

We are heading south thru Jimmy Carter country to Tallassee... and he coast... getting away from the middle America E/W interstates and the tornado alleys.

We'll be heading west and then down toward Brownsville... then follow the border to NM... North as far as rocky Mtn NP and then head east thru Nashville toward the end of May... we have never been inside the State Capital.

I'll be posting some as we go...

PS... the camperport did great in the storms, no damage that I can see... best $3500 I spent last year. I highly recommend it.

Chet and Janet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare
9,761 REPLIES 9,761

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
SpknTC wrote:
Chet I'm going to send you the link here... hopefully you'll get it figured out how to share MORE of your travels.

He hasn't been to the forum in over a year, so he probably won't see your post.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Chet I'm going to send you the link here... hopefully you'll get it figured out how to share MORE of your travels. So grateful of our time together with you & Janet. :B
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Chet it's been a long time waiting for more pics and an update!! :B
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
sleepy wrote:
I like this lift....

Thank you

My plan if it would work has been to use the camper jacks as much as possible

Stabilize the generator then lift ot lower the generator as much as possible with the camper jacks

Maybe I havenโ€™t thought this through quite enough

But with your lift.......

Thanks

Chet

BTW... howโ€™s your rebuild going?

Pulling the last of the in-ceiling/wall wires. Got the backup camera installed, all the marker lights are replaced, all the signals work, just need to get the multiple trailer plugs for connecting all the stuff between the truck and camper (Looking at 4 umbilical cables at this point unless I can find a better source for Jaeger plugs)

Once the last two spools of 500 ft of wire arrive, I can finish pulling the in ceiling electrical and close the walls and ceiling in and start building cabinets, installing the plumbing and gas :).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I like this lift....

Thank you

My plan if it would work has been to use the camper jacks as much as possible

Stabilize the generator then lift ot lower the generator as much as possible with the camper jacks

Maybe I havenโ€™t thought this through quite enough

But with your lift.......

Thanks

Chet

BTW... howโ€™s your rebuild going?
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
sleepy wrote:
Generators

I have a Generac propane generator in my 2003 Lance 1161 truck camper.

It runs fine once it is started

Boatycall analyzed itโ€™s problem for me... some of the external wiring has been corroded as we parked for months along the salt water beaches all around North America

He installed a by-pass rocker switch that lasted several months as we returned home From Seattle area and then part of our later trip to Florida.

Well... we need it for our air conditioning

I think removing the generator from the camper scares many of the people that are capible of doing an overhaul

I dread trying to take the generator out myself as I near 80 years old

Any ideas... please?

Sleepy

On the road, I'm a bit limited in suggestions, at home, there's a mechanical shelf lift we use at work for moving around 500+lb server hardware. Its a dolly and use a crank on it much like a boat winch to lift and lower a steel platform shelf, that you could get and then it would just be a matter of sliding it out of its compartment once its loosened from the rig and onto the crank lift to roll it to a bench for working on.

Genie GL-4 Server Lift
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Generators

I have a Generac propane generator in my 2003 Lance 1161 truck camper.

It runs fine once it is started

Boatycall analyzed itโ€™s problem for me... some of the external wiring has been corroded as we parked for months along the salt water beaches all around North America

He installed a by-pass rocker switch that lasted several months as we returned home From Seattle area and then part of our later trip to Florida.

Well... we need it for our air conditioning

I think removing the generator from the camper scares many of the people that are capible of doing an overhaul

I dread trying to take the generator out myself as I near 80 years old

Any ideas... please?

Sleepy

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!

It seems that I have failed to post my last few years travels all around North America over several hundred more nights in out truck. Camper

Janet and I are in our 56th year of marriage .... And our 49th year truck camping

When I get old Iโ€™ll get back to posting trip reports and pictures ( if I can figure out how to do it now )

My. Only advice... we find that as long as we mind our own business no one else has to....

Works perfect

Chet

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:
Once we were in the park Janet caught me with the camera a few times that I wasn't aware of...

And visiting with a "summer" ranger from Pittsburg, PA on his first day at work. He taught biology the other 9 months.

Seeing pictures like this make me remember... and reminds me that itโ€™s time to make new memories.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh good... I have had a heck of a time getting online with photo bucket to pay them....

I finally got my pictures back. I need to edit a lot of this thread.

I have either forgotten what Iโ€™m supposed to do or they have made som changes.

Chet.... er, Sleepy

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Happy New Year, my friend and to Mrs. Sleepy as well. I trust you had a Merry Christmas!
1978 27' Southwind MH - Gone
1982 19' Terry Taurus TT - Gone
1990 24' Prowler TT - Gone
TC - Still in the Hunt

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

We are back in Tennessee after two months

We came home from Washington by a long southernmost route.... 5015 Miles total. We were trying to miss any winter in the high mountains and smoky fires in California.

We got to see some old friends along the way.

I hope to share some of our experiences with you before long ... the good and the bad.

We are trying to get our Lance 1161 back in shape and loaded for spring.

Iโ€™ll be asking a few questions under separate headings... thanks for your interest and help with them.

Chet

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
We will be on the west coast soon.... if it doesn't turn to ashes. We will be dropping south into California looking for a good Generac mechanic/shop.

We know that we can get our generator overhauled in Las Vegas and have friends in Tonopah, Nev

We also have friends in Sacramento

They are getting close at SouthendRV Repair

I have posted some pictures on my Facebook page showing what's involved in putting new Filon on a camper.

The pictures start when the cabover is striped to a gaping monster hole.

Chet Thornton

If you have thought about doing it yourself you will see enough on Facebook to know what's involved.

Sleepy