cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda 2000i Carb Job With Photos Must Read!!!!!

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to share a bit of my time and knowledge of the Honda 2000 I generator. I know that this time of year we all want to get things started and dont want to have the hassle of needing our Honda and having it not work. Here is a 30 minute fix up that will get you going.
This is a simple Carb cleaning and maintenance.
First empty old fuel by tilting the genny over and getting all of the old stuff out of there.

First remove the side panel

Then remove the Air Cleaner cover. one flat head screw.

Using an 8mm socket remove the 2 nuts and 1 bolt.

Once the hardware is removed pull off the air clean box, intake manifold and the breather tube. These 3 parts can be removed in one big piece. You can see where the breather tube goes in photo below.

The breather tube runs into the engine body here.

All 3 parts removed and set aside.

First remove the fuel line.
Slide the Carb off of the two bolts that will remain in the block of the engine. I like to leave the cable attached. This is the Eco Throttle. If you remove it you will have a spring shoot off and if you do manage to find it you most likely won't figure out how to put it back without a trip to a Honda dealer. It's just easier to leave on.

Front side of Carb.

Engine with the parts removed. This is a good time to drain the oil and fill it back up.

These photos show the position of the vent tubes so you can see where they are form replacing. Go ahead and remove the tubes now. Using a 10mm socket remover the float bowl nut. It's the Brass one seen above in the middle of the float bowl.

You can now see the float. The float pivots on a pin it is simply slid out for removal of the float. The float moves up and down and shuts off the fuel to the bowl. The bowl will most likely show signs of rust and will need a good cleaning. There is an o-ring gasket there, you can usually reuse this gasket.

Here the float have been removed.

The main jet is in the tube shown. Use a skinny screw driver and remove the jet and 2 parts will fall out. These are almost always full of gunk. Use a Carb cleaner in a can and blow these parts out really good. Take extra time this is the heart of the Carb.

These are how the parts go back in. Order and direction is important.

At this point use the carb cleaner and spray all of the inner parts of the float area and spray ino any holes you see. Spray into the holes while moving throttle plates and choke plates. You basically want to exercise all moving parts and get the cleaner into everywhere.
At this point put everything back together on the carb in reverse order and put the vents tubes back on.
Slide the Carb back onto the 2 bolts and then run the vent tubes back into the Genset case. As shown below.

Shown about is the Carb back on with the tubes re-run.

These photos show the bolts going back in and the final steps to getting it back to running order.

At this point you can change the plug and give her a pull!!!

I hope this has been informative.

To those of you that will be attending the Mid Atlantic Truck Camper Rally Just ask and I can walk you though this in no time. And maybe throw in a quick seminar if enough folks are interested in seeing it done.
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

235 REPLIES 235

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Thanks for pointing out the broken link. I also added your fixed link into my original post.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
opnspaces wrote:
Since the post is not very useful without the photos I recreated the original with new photos.

New post here

The supplied link doesn't work. But this link will
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29903263.cfm
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Well here is one more step you all need to do when you do a teardown and clean the internals and jet/emulsion tube....
I had trouble that was more than just the low speed surging etc. I found this video...

The main jet the fella shows is something I have not even removed in the past. If you do remove the main jet then when you install it you need to make sure it is placed in on the proper direction on the top otherwise the jet will not seat fully and you will have high rpm surging.

Be sure to count the turns for the Idle speed screw which has to be removed to raise up the Main jet. Use care lifting that main jet, it is plastic.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUlhJFHlDU

Another one to clarify what the fella was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLCXb-hg78s
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Since the post is not very useful without the photos I recreated the original with new photos.

New post here

Alternate new post link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Not certain what the carb issue is except maybe gummed up from old gas. I learned that the hard way years ago and since then put Star Tron fuel stabilizer in all my jerries. never has a problem since.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

WesternHorizon
Explorer
Explorer
Great thread but it does not appear to be getting the photos back.

I have started a notebook of all my clippings, part numbers, video links, etc. on the EU2000i

http://bit.ly/2R9l1f3

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I havenโ€™t read the complete thread so I donโ€™t know if this has been posted.

This article is a great help

HONDA MAINTENENCE

Leon54173
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been able to resolve the photo issue or can point me to a similar post elsewhere?

Z71_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry, but without pictures... should this still be a sticky?
2019 Tiffin Allegro RED 37BA
Kar Kaddy SS

2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA - Sold

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Use Google Photos - Freee 15 Gigs of storage for photos. So would be nice, if the photos can be uploaded there
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Post title should be changed to "without photos"
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jimintomah
Explorer
Explorer
AISURFFISH,

Do you have your original article saved on your computer? If not, I have a copy saved from February 2011.
Jim & Kathy & The Dog
2019 Winnebago Adventurer 35F

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
HofstraJet wrote:
2oldman wrote:
The OP really needs to be fixed to get those pictures back. I'm sure it was a lot of effort to do this, and it's a shame to just let it go for a few bucks or some other solution.

If anyone has the pics from the OP, I'd be happy to host them if the mods can edit the post to change the URLs of the photos. Just let me know.

The photos are gone..
Photobucket wanted 325 dollars per year to re
Establish..
It was quite a shock not only am I have it into the truck camper seen but also Adventure motorcycle riding lost a lot of great photos of the Appalachian Mountains while riding dirt bikes I have even gone through my Verizon cloud to try to find out if I had any of them from back in the day I do have a server that was used several years ago that's in my safe I might be able to get them from there..
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

Hundo24
Explorer
Explorer
An over the counter filter from Autozone

scootsk wrote:
What fuel filter is everyone running? Just an over the counter type or something with a little small micron filtering capabilities?