Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next
goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

goreds2,
I'm taking my 1997 Xplorer in today for the dash AC. It has had a slow leak for years, but I would fill the Freon with 2 cans for about $10 with the kit I have, and it would run all summer. I just had to do it every spring. But this year I've done it 3 times & needs it again. So the leak has gotten worse. I hope this shop, which has done good engine work on it, can find and fix the problem. I'm willing to replace the entire system if parts can be found even if it cost thousands. The price doesn't matter when I plan to keep it for a long time.
I just talked to the mechanic today. He refilled with freon and it is blowing cold. I have never did that before but am sure it is easy. If he investigates for leaks, it could be big bucks just for labor. We are going to see how long this refill lasts. He suggested to run the air cond. during the winter months about every 6 weeks to keep it lubricated. Your 1997 would be well worth the investment of repairing. Please let me (us) know your results from the repair shop.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Traveler7

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/18 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today I replaced my faucet and checked and updated the plumbing

"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/18 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goreds,
The mechanic said the compressor is bad and has ordered it. Hope he does it right & to have it back tomorrow. Not cheap, $1,125, but that's a lot less than at the dealer.

goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/18 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

Goreds,
The mechanic said the compressor is bad and has ordered it. Hope he does it right & to have it back tomorrow. Not cheap, $1,125, but that's a lot less than at the dealer.
That is not too bad especially since you are not going to the dealer. I hope that fixes it. Will be worth it in my opinion.

I drove my van to work yesterday. The dash Air Conditioner seemed to work better and better throughout the trip. Maybe it just needed exercised. Fingers crossed for mine.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/18 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goreds2,

He is going to have to replace the lines as well because they would not seal to the new parts. Hope to hear from him today how its going and the final cost.

UPDATE: I just got it back & he did not have to replace the lines, just the seals. It's blowing nice and cold. Out the door at $1125.

* This post was edited 07/13/18 10:11am by steveh27 *

goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/18 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

Goreds2,

He is going to have to replace the lines as well because they would not seal to the new parts. Hope to hear from him today how its going and the final cost.

UPDATE: I just got it back & he did not have to replace the lines, just the seals. It's blowing nice and cold. Out the door at $1125.
That is great. Enjoy!

Ocheltree

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/18 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi new to forum. I see this hasn't been updated in a long time. I have spentthe lady two years working on my old xplorer 260Dodge. Today I finished restoring my hot water heater. 42 years old and still going. Replaced the element, thermostat, pressure relief valve. Works great. Also loved upthe faucet orings with silicone grease. No drips. Also installed a new bank top maker light and sanded and primed a patch I made last year.

goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/18 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought this tire cover recently and I think this gives it a cleaner look. Just a simple cover for less than ten bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MD........f=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[image]

goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/18 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drove it to work yesterday. Lunchtime, I went out to the van, ate and watched some Jerry Springer on the TV. Not sure why I watched but could not change the channel. [emoticon]

Traveler7

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/18 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to mechanic for inspections and lube/ greasing to prepare for trip to Alaska leaving Aug. 17th

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS