Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 177  
Prev  |  Next
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Darn clouds obscured the shower. Sigh.

Blue norther blew in today. Went from a high around 80 to 43 and windy within a couple hours. At least we got 9/100" rain, but the wind was so strong it dried it up, so it didn't do much good.

Before the rain hit, Czarny walked me three times. Got quite a few steps done, according to my FitBit. He's not been real happy with the weather change; can't get his human to go outside now...

Saw a beautiful 6-point buck across the road. Hope he survives hunting season.

Speaking of the cat, it's play time. Guess I'll pull out the red dot and tire him out. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/20 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hear from a relative that parts of OK are without power. Hope you and yours are safe.

We’re supposed to get a lot of rain from Zeta. We’ll see. Our animals want to hibernate and stay inside. We do too.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were totally fine, Magnus. Not even a strong breeze.

Meanwhile, the weather's gone from air conditioning required to opening up the house and letting the breeze through. Did have to turn the a/c back on today, because it's so humid. Humidity and I don't get along so well.

Brother announced they will not be driving down for Thanksgiving. His area is rife with COVID and he's too spooked to leave their property. Totally understand that. We'll just post pictures of all the yummy food we'll be cooking....

Still sorting through Mom's stuff as she finds another box to unpack. I hung a number of pictures in her living and dining rooms, then convinced her to let the VHS tapes go. She doesn't watch them and none of the family have VHS players anymore. Next time we go to Sister's place, we'll hang more pictures in Mom's bedroom suite, and then I think we'll finally have her moved in.

Other than visiting Sister and Mom, Tall and Short Friends, we just vegetate on our hillside. You know, like normal... Walking down to the mailbox this morning, we watched two bucks chasing does into our neighbor's property. I don't think those does are quite ready yet.

Czarny's got his human trained. He takes me for a walk several times daily now, then retires for a long afternoon nap, then gets me moving again. He's a better life coach than most humans.

Didn't sleep much last night; humidity stopped up my sinuses, so I think I'll join him for a short nap. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/20 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree about the vhs tapes. Unless they have family movies on them then we transfer them to dvds and toss the vhs. Our cats and dogs both like to "walk us." Glad you had no damage.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More humidity, less sleep. I'm not firing on all thrusters today. Sigh. Cold front hit this morning, so the high isn't in the 80s anymore, and the lows will be in the 40s. If the humidity drops, I should sleep fine.

Short Friend is flying out to see her family this week. Tall Friend's sister flies in tonight to take care of him. We'll take her around to see things while TF is doing his therapies, and feed her authentic Texas grub. If the wind isn't blowing, one day we'll break out the cast iron and cook dinner over the fire pit for her. She'll leave Texas very well fed...

Czarny had a bad morning. He wanted out, but the wind and chill kept driving him back inside. He finally gave up about 1030 and is under our covers. I may join him for a short nap before we head over to celebrate TF's birthday.

Otherwise, it's a very pretty day. Lots of boats on the lake to watch and the rock drilling just over our fence is taking a Sunday break. I guess a house is about to go up over there. Definitely getting crowded around here, if they are permanent residents. Hope so; I don't care to have more vacation rentals right around us -- they like to make noise, which interferes with wildlife watching.

Anyway, back outside now. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny knows when a nap is a good idea![emoticon]
Here’s hoping your new neighbors are quiet and like to watch wildlife too.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to warm weather, but so far we haven't had to turn the air conditioner back on, just open up the windows and let the breeze through. Czarny's loving it -- he can go in and out at will. When the doors are closed, he has serious issues with being on the side I'm not on, but when they're open, he's happy to be outside most of the day, and is very, very good about coming inside right after sundown. After all, that's when the treats come out.

Spousal Unit is smoking a brisket today. Tall Friend's Sister was blown away by Fredericksburg and the Hill Country around us, then she was utterly gobsmacked by Buc-Ee's biggest facility in our county seat, the Gruene Hall dance hall, and some of the oldest hardware and general stores in Texas -- all right in our county.

Today, I'm taking her to a nursery that turns all 9000 sf of space into a Christmas display and sales area. It's so huge there's no chance of not social distancing -- not that it's been an issue. Everyone around here has just automatically kept distance between us all -- does take a while for a good habit to form, but it looks like we have the habit down pat.

An eight-point buck has been hanging out in our meadow, and occasionally coming up to the house. He's ignoring Czarny and isn't bothered by us two humans being nearby, but we'll still be wary. A smaller buck was sleeping next to the garage the other morning, and even when SU noticed the swimming pool cover and reel was severely out of place and went to check on it, the buck stayed where he was. We wondered if he'd fallen into the pool, fought his way back out, and was laying there exhausted. But we saw no hoof or antler damage to the pool cover, so maybe something else fell in and found its way back out (no corpse in the pool).

It's actually raining! Not much, and it probably won't even register, but at least it's getting the schmutz out of the air.

Time to clean house a bit. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you didn't have a surprise corpse in your cement pond. Things are looking like Christmas around here. Most wait until the week of T-day before putting up Christmas. Unless you're redneck. Then the lights stay up all year. We're getting some cool but it's still warmer than normal. That's fine by us. People who lost income during shutdown won't have heavy heating bills to deal with.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between Sister getting all concerned over Short Friend having flown to Maine and back, and Sister's county enacting a limit on how many could gather in a home, Tall and Short Friends and we stayed here at the lake for Thanksgiving. Mom, Sister and Sister's family gathered at her home.

Spousal Unit cooked up a turkey breast, and we still had tons of smoked brisket. Added cornbread dressing and gravy, roasted vegetables in profusion, Sangria fruit gelatin, and pumpkin mousse. It was delicious, and we won't have weeks of leftovers, either.

Today it's actually rained a tiny bit, enough to clear the air, but not enough to bypass the roof filter and add water to the pool. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Czarny's been enjoying the temperate weather. He can run in and out of the house at will, and enjoy being outside even if he's just laying on a porch and watching the mist. But that ends Monday, when that cold front finally gets here. He's not a cold weather fan at all.

Need to heat up some lunch/early dinner (Lunner?), since I got distracted and forgot to eat lunch until my headache advised me it's time... Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a freeze coming. All the animals are stoking up on their food. We had a good TDay with family. Plenty of food but not much leftover here either. We have the haggis ordered for Burns’ Night. We’re celebrating on January 23. It’s easier to find a piper this year because some of the bigger gatherings were cancelled. More for us.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 177  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.