Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 177  
Prev  |  Next
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a freeze coming in on Monday night, so we just now finished winterizing Obi-Wander and Tall and Short Friends' Fifth Wheel. Luckily, around here, winterizing means draining tanks and blowing out water lines. We do add pink stuff to the drain lines, mainly to keep them from smelling, but that's really all that's necessary.

Today's only in the upper 50s with a breeze, so Czarny's going in and out and wondering why it's not as warm as it was. After being stuck inside with Friday and most of Saturday being on and off rainy, he really wants to be outside. I expect Tuesday morning will be a terrible shock to him...

I turned 68 on Saturday. TF and SF took me to get a mani/pedi, which was okay. Then they fed SU and I way too much food, but at least the net carbs were decently low.

Did you know they make contact lenses for presbyopia? I'd been to my eye doctor for a diabetes eye exam (never knew there was such a thing), and she recommended them. Spent four days testing them out and I was seriously impressed, so tomorrow I'll tell her to order them. I'll only need readers for the truly, truly fine print, and my magnifying visor for making jewelry, but I've always needed that one...

A Chinook just flew directly over the house. Still seriously noisy and frankly, I'm surprised they keep on flying. Scared Czarny and the deer.

SU asked me to help winterize something else, but I didn't hear just what, so I'd better get moving. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huh. Never heard of those kinds of contacts before. Sounds like something I'd better look into. I keep losing my trifocals.

Sit Czarny down and explain to him the facts of "white" as in winter precip. He's old enough now to understand. [emoticon]

Happy birthday and may you have many more bright cheerful celebrations in the future. Don't know what a mani/pedi is but I'm not sure I want to know. It doesn't sound like a guy thing.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny wouldn't come when called last night. I noticed him stalking and batting at something, so I went over with a flashlight. Idiot cat was messing with a baby snake! Had to snatch him out from under a juniper to get him away from the snake, which was reared up with bitty mouth wide open and tail shaking furiously.

The snake was probably no more than a pencil in diameter and maybe 8" long, but the last thing that cat needed was a baby snake bite. It struck at my flashlight a couple times, and I got a good look at it, but I'm still not certain if it was a baby rattlesnake whose rattles hadn't formed yet, or just a baby rat snake trying to fake its way free. No idea how the snake was out and about, given it's not real warm now.

It got away, since I had to make certain Czarny was safe inside. Fine, it's likely gone to hibernate now, or died of the cold last night. Hope so, anyway, since Czarny's not smart enough to know when to leave something alone...

Magnus, a mani-pedi is a manicure-pedicure. As for a guy thing, well, Tall Friend gets one every two weeks. Keeps his ingrown toenails under control and he enjoys having someone else take care of his feet and nails. He's always liked them, but after the stroke, they're super important. Gets him out of the house and someone who's not Short Friend fusses over him. While we were at his favorite nail spa, more guys came in than women, so I guess it's a guy thing here in the Texas Hill Country...

Time to get back to wrapping presents. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad Czarny didn’t get bit. I’m surprised a snake is out this late in the year. Maybe it was dug up out of its burrow during the house construction in your area.

I suppose it must be a thing in your area the manicure thing that is. Around here guys use clippers or a Buck knife. One claims he uses a weed whacker but he’s a windup. [emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/20 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been lovely the past few days, so Czarny's spent most of it outside. He only comes in for a quick snack, then he's off again. No idea where he goes, but he always returns from the northwest side of the property, so he may be visiting the cats or people on the other side of that corner. They're real nice cat folks.

It rained this morning. No much, certainly not enough to refill the pool, but it did clean the air. Spousal Unit is spending the afternoon with Tall Friend, so I'm enjoying the deck. Just me, a laptop, and a cat passing by occasionally.

We got all the presents shipped out in plenty of time. Now I have to figure out what SU is going to give me fro Christmas. And I have no idea. Nothing I want, certainly nothing I need, so I'll look for the funny stuff. I got him a special flashlight, a new belt, and a bag of N-scale railroad people.

Meanwhile, he set up our bitty tree on top of a table he built for his model railroading, and set up a Christmas train around the edge. Since we won't be having a pile of gifts under it, having the train there will be fun. I just need to find some Christmasy material in my fabric stash, so the table isn't quite so 2x4 looking...

The deer herd, such as is left, is spending the nights in our meadow, or right next to the house. Makes looking for Czarny a bit of a challenge -- don't want to disturb the deer, but need to get the cat back inside at night.

Speaking of the cat, he's needing attention. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/20 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like to set up our model trains for Christmas too. The grands love them. We're having warm weather again. It looks like this year the weather is going to be schizophrenic. No surprise there for 2020. Our cats are enjoying the warm weather ventures outside too. The birds not so much enjoying the cats.

* This post was edited 12/12/20 08:28am by magnusfide *

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/20 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny likes to lay on the back of the loveseat and watch the train go round and round. He makes no move toward it, just watches. That is, when he's in the house. He's really taking advantage of the sunny days to stay outside as much as possible. Even got himself a small bird yesterday. Great, we'll likely have to worm him shortly...

Finally finished up all of Mom's doctor appointments for the year, giving us three full weeks of not having to drive into the city for anything. Sister is wimping out of us coming to her place or her coming here for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. We're actually perfectly happy to stay home and not do anything special -- and nobody catches anyone else's germs/viruses, be they influenza or COVID or whatever else will be making the rounds this winter.

It's much too sunny to stay inside. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 11:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Better safe than sorry. Glad Czarny is developing some advanced hunting skills. Then he can bring you all sorts of "presents" to show his appreciation. [emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another lovely, sunny and warm day here. Spousal Unit decided we don't need lights on the house. He strung a LED line on our fence from the house to about 100 feet short of the road, then used the non-LEDs to outline the railing and stairs on the new arbor. It's really kinda cool looking.

Otherwise, we're just kicking back and relaxing -- until the half cord of firewood gets delivered any minute now. Then we'll be stacking a while.

Czarny's outside, taking advantage of the warm weather. He's decided outside is the much better latrine, so about 0700 each morning, he begins the "I really need to go" howl. Soon as one of us opens the door, he shoots out like someone set fire to his tail. Thankfully, unlike Spotacus, he's not leaving little Mount Poopmores all over the gravel on the driveway. He's apparently using the leaf mulch under various trees. I hope he doesn't meet a giant red-headed centipede under there.

Spousal Unit just came out of the bedroom, commenting that the pair of Dockers he's wearing are not wrinkle free. I replied, "Neither are you." He's still chuckling....

I see firewood coming up the drive. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/20 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny has his act together it sounds like. Merry Christmas and enjoy your open fire while roasting chestnuts.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 177  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.