Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Wanderlost wrote:

Of all the expectorants in the world, I actually rediscovered one that works within a half hour: bourbon, lemon juice and honey. Also soothed my throat, the fumes helped open the sinuses, and I could actually taste it. So that's been my evening libation the last several nights, and I could go to bed with a clear chest.

Well, I have an appetite now, so it's lunchtime. Later, y'all.

My dad would swear by hot toddy's. My grandmother was a teetotaler but that was one libation (medicinal of course )allowed. I'm fighting the same issues,as many in our area are. It's a little more than just sinusitis, probably flu despite getting the geezer flu shot. I see a cure in my future.

Doug

Double ditto on the toddies. It's great for those pernicious bouts. We're having the sinusitis issues here too. The heating comes on and everyone gets stuffed up. Everyone in town is sneezing, hacking and snorting. We're not talking buck snorts either. These are honking loud snorts that rival an air horn.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Let's keep rolling!
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Four of the five adults here for the holidays came down with this mess. I made three of them stay a couple days longer, so they could get over the worst of it. Then cancelled the New Year's Day visits from local friends, so they won't catch it.

I'm pretty much over it, except for the early morning stuffed sinuses that are getting me out of bed waaaay too early. Getting pretty good at sleeping upright, though.

Spotacus has had a bad few days -- just way too cold to do anything outside. He's spent more time either in bed or on WLToo than on me, though. Guess I was coughing too much.

Just saw the last of the visitors off. Think I'll join Spotacus back in bed. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Spotacus--Christmas cat

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spoke (wrote) too soon. The drainage increased a bit last night, waking me up too early. Slept mostly upright for several hours in my recliner, then got some guaifenesin to loosen up all the phlegm so I can finally clear it out. That was exhausting in and of itself, so I'll just be hanging about the recliner today.

Spotacus is so happy the sun came out that he's been outside the last few hours. I'd left the garage door open, so he's most likely sunning himself in the open door. Several does were in the trees by the garage when we came back. One was definitely Leoghaire.

Time for something hot to drink. Later, y'all.

* This post was edited 01/03/18 03:22pm by Wanderlost *

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to know you're on the mend and that Leoghaire is back. Our cats have always been happy to be out unless it's cold. Then they come in and take over any comfy surface with no desire to budge until the sun's out and the temps warm.

I see Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL got snow. Don't you know that the kids are thrilled?[emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between the warm sun, the sunny spare bedroom, and our bed, Spotacus has a lovely selection of napping places. He's also decided he needs to play more often, which still wears me out too fast. So he's going to WLToo and Short Friend for playtime, too. Good. More playmates means he can play longer and lose a little weight, not that he's fat, but he's a big, big kitty...

Soon as I'm up to it, we're cleaning up Steinholz and putting it up for sale. Danged nice trailer, but we're just not trailer people. Meanwhile, L'Andante is getting the Bilstein shocks added and a few repairs completed, so she should be coming home in the not too distant future.

Wow. Afternoon already, and the laundry's still piled up. Later, y'all.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spent an entire day researching toilets, and Home Depot had none of my preferences in stock. So when I recover from that little bout of research, we'll order them. Sigh.

Spotacus slept all day, and now he's playing kitty on the wrong side of the house. Out one door, go around, come in the other side. In a bit, we'll wear him out with some serious cat play.

Until then, there's cornbread to bake, to go with the bean and ham soup on the stove. Weather cooled off again, so we'll be eating lots of soups and stews. Mmmm.

Time to mix up cornbread. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

Spent an entire day researching toilets, and Home Depot had none of my preferences in stock. So when I recover from that little bout of research, we'll order them. Sigh.

Spotacus slept all day, and now he's playing kitty on the wrong side of the house. Out one door, go around, come in the other side. In a bit, we'll wear him out with some serious cat play.

Until then, there's cornbread to bake, to go with the bean and ham soup on the stove. Weather cooled off again, so we'll be eating lots of soups and stews. Mmmm.

Time to mix up cornbread. Later, y'all.

Soups and stews are our faves in winter too. Sorry to hear about your search for the perfect porcelain throne. It's getting so product diversity is disappearing. Spotacus is just doing his guard duty. Good man, Spotacus.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The soup was great; the cornbread was better. This afternoon, I made Chex Mix, and it's even better.

WLToo went to the city to fix Mom's electric recliner. Spotacus and I slept a lot. This getting over whatever that mess was is taking longer than expected.

Otherwise, was a pretty quiet day. And now it's suppertime. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're seeing a lot of people with flu in the area. Some died. Nasty stuff and a good reason to stay home until Spring.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/18 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hauled some stuff to the library for its Kitchen Sale, where it raises money. Good thing, too, since tomorrow is supposed to be an ice storm. Great.

Now we're stocking up on firewood (hauling from the woodpile in the open to near the door under the porch) and getting ready to hunker down with hot chocolate and good books.

The pool guys came by to look at where the leak might be, and narrowed it down to the light in the spa. Not sure when they'll come fix it, but it won't be real soon, because of the weather. They'll also replaster the whole thing, which means drain the pool. Gonna have a high water bill that month...

Spotacus saw Short Friend come in and immediately moved into "play with me" mode. It was cute. They play well together.

The guys went "shopping," while we do our home spa thing with mud masks and salt scrubs. Too bad such a lovely, warm day will turn into ice tomorrow. But hey, it is January.

Later, y'all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS