Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/18 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spotacus: to boldly go where he's never gone before.[emoticon]

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Let's keep rolling!
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/18 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

As we rolled out this morning, Spotacus again dashed up front and had me hold him, but for only a few minutes. Then he got frantic to be put down, and immediately jumped into his litter box. He spent most of the day in his carrier.

Once we got to this campground outside Edmonton, Alberta, he showed a little interest in going outside. So Short Friend put him into the harness. He found a way out of it! No harness, no outside. I might look into another style at the next stop. Meanwhile, he wanted to play, dashing up and down, jumping up on the dashboard, attacking the doormat, and in general blowing off steam. Now he's watching the birds and seems content -- after he tried to snatch WLToo's pork roast. He's never been a fan before, but suddenly he wants that pork roast. WLToo gave him a large enough piece that he took it away to gnaw on in peace, and all was quiet again.

So it's time to clean up a little, then grab some shuteye. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Spotacus--Christmas cat

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/18 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our experience is that a cat will find its way out of ANY harness if he wants to. Why not keep him in his carrier and set it outside? That way he won't escape and your heart won't be broken. I bet he'd really enjoy one of these Look N See Carriers..

Sounds like he's settling into the new world around him. Next thing you know he'll want his own captain's chair and First Officer.

crouseman41

Blanchard ok

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/18 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used a folding nylon and mesh carrier for Junior's outside visits with us. It has a zippered door and is large enough to hold a water dish or a litter box, if needed. It just collapses flat and will fit under the bed or in a closet. I think we bought it at Walmart.

Dale & paulette Crouse

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/18 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Made it to Pink Mountain, BC. We have no idea which time zone we're in -- none of our electronics agree, and no website helped at all. Oh, well, tomorrow we know we'll be in Pacific time. Then, on Sunday, we'll be in an area where apparently there's a huge competition for the best cinnamon buns, since that's pretty much all we've heard about.

Absolutely beautiful out here in the wilderness. Loving it.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sooooo, what's the area with the best cinnamon buns? I'd make a special trip for that!

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/18 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I stayed at Pink Mountain when I did the Alaska trip in 97 with my Mom and dogs Max and Willow. Still have great memories of that trip, and a few not-so-good, ranging from a broken shock in Anchorage to a rough shake-up on the Cassiar Highway.

Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spotacus is now our most traveled cat, having accompanied us through ten states, four provinces and a territory. He's weathered this trip very nicely, with only an occasional bout of cabin fever. We alleviate that with a good bout of playtime. He gets a lot of outside attention when he sits on the dashboard...

We reached Alaska today. Couple more days travel and we'll be at one location for a week. We need it; time for some laundry.

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/18 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's nothing. Dash (a 95-pound German Shepherd) got even more attention when he laid on my dashboard. I used to stand across the campground road and watch the double-takes. How I miss that old guy.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/18 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At last, Spotacus qualifies for his travel merit badge [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS