Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a ton of fun. Especially that bacon wrapped pork loin. We had that for our family reunion on the 4th. Tasty.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Let's keep rolling!
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/18 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stayed last night at Pink Mountain, BC. Today was the last day on the Alaska Highway. We're now back on the prairie, in Grande Prairie. Not sure what will happen with this campground. The owner died two days ago. Lovely campground, hope it continues.

Spotacus is staring out the screen door and occasionally making a comment on what he sees. At least he's not bored.

The camp store sells ice cream, and it's calling my name. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Spotacus--Christmas cat

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/18 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From Grande Prairie, we went to Devon, then Claresholm, and now we're back in the USA, in Great Falls, MT. From here, Tall and Short Friends will head southwest, and we'll head south on I-15 to I-90, then east.

Spotacus refused to play with me when we set up here. He did play with Short Friend for a little bit. He's clearly tired of all the traveling. When we get home, I know he'll be happy. For now, he's just watching all the activity in the campground.

We're all heading to the hot tubs now. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/18 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suspect you'll be glad to get back home too. Curl up in that lounger with the King of Cats and snooze. Safe travels yall.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/18 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spotacus threw up a number of times today. So we stopped for two nights in Bozeman. He's already feeling better, but a short break will help.

Had to turn on the house air conditioners as soon as we set up. Not gonna cool down much until the wee hours, then will drop a lot - down into the 50s. But the campground is quite literally sandwiched between I-90 and the rail yard, and someone is setting off fireworks, so we wouldn't be keeping the windows open, anyway.
We don't mind trains, but the traffic and the fireworks are not conducive to sleeping.

Tomorrow, we'll do laundry, re-arrange what's left in the pantry so it doesn't move about, and let Spotacus rest up. Later, y'all.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/18 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just noticed we're parked next to a vintage Fleetwood Avion trailer. It's set up for long-term residency. Looks to be in really good shape, too.

Spotacus is kind of quiet this morning, but seems to be doing better. We're not particularly interesting in doing much ourselves, but I need to get the sheets washed at least...

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/18 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad Spot-man is feeling better. Ours would get queasy because of a change in water along with the motion of the rig.

Stephany

Brier, WA (just north of Seattle)

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/18 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slippery elm broth can help settle Spotacus's tummy. The capsules are at any health food store. Here is more info: http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/slippery-elm/

Hope his tummy feels good once you are back on the road again!

Stephany

Stephany & Wally Schneider + 2 almost grown kids, a bouncing baby beagle and a camping cat
2003 Sunnybrook 2850SL
2002 GMC 2500HD Duramax crew cab short bed

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/18 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He's fine. We only give him distilled water, because the vet prescribed it and because I've had a lot of pets get ill from water changes over the years. Wasn't about to take that chance with a special needs cat like Spotacus.

While driving today, WLToo had to get out of the passenger seat and play with Spotacus. He was seriously full of beans. Was a reasonably smooth trip, with only a couple of jerks trying to occupy the space we were already in. As we pulled into a fuel stop about a half mile from our campground, we saw a funnel cloud off to the east. It wasn't coming our way, so I didn't think anything about it. But when WLToo mentioned it to another guy at the fuel pump, he got all excited...

When we got here, I thought Spotacus would be ready to play again. Nope. He ate his treats, then moved to the bedroom, where it's much cooler.

Because we're doing Raton Pass, then turning east where the winds can be pretty bad, we'll only go to Capulin tomorrow. Nice, short trip. After that, I still haven't planned, but it will be during the weekday, so we shouldn't have any trouble finding a few more campgrounds between there and home.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/18 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you have the best traveling weather. We visited Capulin about 25 years ago to see the Capulin Volcano. It's a nice quiet little place.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS