Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 158  
Prev
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/20 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sending prayers for Tall Friend. They have a bit of road ahead of them to be sure. The Spotacus in our family has grown into a very loving and sociable gentleman. He sits on the sofa and casually converses with whoever stops by their house. He thinks he's part of the conversation and that these folks have come to visit him apparently. [emoticon]

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/20 10:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tall Friend is in the rehab facility, but Short Friend is still having to stay with him all the time, so she's exhausted. We'll spell her as often as we can (and Tall Friend will accept), but it's tough.

Magnus, your Spotacus sounds very much like ours was, although he was not all that chatty, and his voice was very quiet when he did speak.

We had a buck visit the south porch this morning. Scared off the fawns and yearling, but when he left, they came back and WLToo fed them. Leoghaire strolled up and shared the feed, but they all kept staring off to the west (where the buck had not gone) and acted quite nervous.

Rudy's in my face, wanting me to move the laptop so he can get comfortable. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny and Rudy, cat brothers extraordinaire
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/20 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know how exhausting it is when trying to support a loved one through illness. We manage but I'm glad you're there for Short Friend.

Cats are quite personable and friendly. Those who don't like them must have had a bad experience with them when they were young.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/20 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a foggy, foggy day, and rather damp. We've managed to get .6" of rain registered in the gauge. We need much more, but we'll take it.

Tall Friend is doing well, but Short Friend has regular meltdowns. She still thinks she has to do everything herself. Not. Today we researched traveling notaries and handyman services for her, so they can get some paperwork signed and get their bathroom door widened before he goes home. Luckily, they have room to widen the door and put a sliding door on it later.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make bathroom doors 24" wide should be dug up and hanged from a lamppost... I'd forgotten that so many are too narrow, since our unique fixer upper has all interior doors more than wide enough for a wheelchair and/or walker.

I'm taking Sister to Fort Rucker, where Nephew One is graduating from Army Flight School. WLToo will stay home to cat sit and help Short Friend. Just doing the laundry at our house will help, as our washer/dryer are more efficient and fast. When I get back, I'll go over and straighten up her place every few days. She's been going home, throwing stuff in the laundry, tossing things here and there, and bagging up more stuff to take to the rehab facility. Now she doesn't know what's where at home. I'll straighten it up, take photos of where I put it, and hopefully ease her mind a little bit.

Meanwhile, the cats want to play. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/20 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good idea to take photos. Glad to hear TF is going better. You’re a good friend. Won’t you be my neighbor?[emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TF comes home on 3 Feb. Yesterday, we got the grab bars and new shower head, and his patient transfer/mover thingie arrived, but needs assembly. He still can't really walk, so the mere act of getting out of bed/up from a chair requires SF's assistance, and the 15" height difference between them makes it very much harder on her than him. The one good thing is his speech is just barely slurred anymore.

We'll go over every other day to help SF force him into walking therapy. Takes at least two people: one to hold him upright in the walker and one to be right behind with the wheelchair. We will not be as kind as the physical therapists: some serious military discipline will ensue. We're all tired of him not wanting to make the effort -- that's not an acceptable attitude in a retired first sergeant. Snort.

SF just drove up. Need to help her. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If that retired 1st Sergeant is a Marine yell at him. Semper Fi - Marine! Ten Hut!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 158  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.