Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear the deer are back. Sometimes herds become too large for the amount of local forage and we’ll see a die off of weaker members. It’s the circle of life [emoticon]

We’ve had a few like Czarny. Great cats.

I wonder if the pool guy can recommend a way to insulate your pump? We don’t have a pool but our neighbor does. He lays on the pool cover but drains the pump for winter. He also has it insulated in some kind of housing.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/21 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We run our pool pump year round. We're looking at an insulated housing for the next pump, and an ability to drain the heater without affecting the pump. Will know more tomorrow, hopefully.

Spousal Unit planted onions, cantaloupe, bush beans, Napa cabbage and carrots today, while I ran Mom around in the city. Still has to plant peppers, tomatoes, and whatever else strikes his fancy.

A very nice looking buck was standing in our drive entrance tonight, when we arrived home from going to a restaurant. He stood and stared into the headlights, then the brain kicked in and he dashed off. We sat still and watched him disappear into the dark, then went up the drive. Didn't want to accidentally hit any other deer that might have been near him.

The restaurant we wanted to visit was packed from stem to stern -- well, it is crawdad season, and that's the restaurant's specialty. The next couple were also packed. Now that the governor has lifted the restrictions on businesses, folks are out in force, dining on what they didn't have to cook. So we went to a somewhat more expensive place and got right in. Food was very good, but we can get the same stuff up here at the lake, just as good and a whole lot cheaper. Still, I'd eat there again, if in town and nearby. Most folks still wear masks, until they are seated, and put them back on when ready to depart.

Czarny's so asleep on his tower that he didn't even get down to eat his evening treats. He only just now jumped down and told Spousal Unit he's ready. He's so cute...

Those brisket enchiladas were delicious, but I'm stuffed. Need to go for a walk. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Harley, blacker cat

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Were the brisket enchiladas Irish-Tex-Mex? [emoticon]

People have been going out for quite awhile where we live but then we never had a full on lockdown. Just a "use precaution and eat outside" kind of deal. Glad your governor has good sense and opened up the state.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/21 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spring Break commenced yesterday, and there were RVs galore on the road. Tall and Short Friend got caught in a major traffic jam. Called me and I found another route for them to finally get home -- roads they didn't know were there. Now they have alternate routes...

Rained a bit today, so Spousal Unit's plan to cook elk steaks are out the window. We'll do them tomorrow for the weekly gathering of old coots.

The license plates came in for his Jeep, so that's all finished. Don't remember if I mentioned that he traded in his F-350 for a Jeep Wrangler Moab, in hopes that we'll be able to tow it behind Obi-Wander. Now we just need to get on the schedule for both vehicles. And then we're gonna GO SOMEWHERE!!!!

Texas is busy opening up all the state parks, and I expect reservations to fill up right fast, so we might find ourselves boondocking somewhere. Okay. Now we just need to decide where we want to go.

Czarny wants to take me for another walk. Later, y'all.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pool pump housing is cracked, and there are no replacement parts to be found. Spousal Unit is using a marine grade epoxy to fix the crack(s), and if that works, we'll be able to filter the pool until replacement parts are available (at least four-six months).

The pool heater is dead. Repairman bypassed it, so we can use the pump. Since we only use it to heat the spa, and we never heat the spa except in winter, a replacement heater can wait.

Garden is planted, just in time for high winds and wildfire watches. There's so much dirt blowing that we can barely see the lake now.

Czarny was not happy with wind and dirt blowing into his eyes and ears. He was in and out until mid-afternoon, when he gave up. He's sleeping on his tower.

All my plans for the day went out the window with the wind and dirt. Guess I'll clean out more old files in the office. Later, y'all.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/21 03:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the epoxy doesn't work try eternabond tape. I used it once on a hot tub cracked fitting and it worked well.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep I like that Eternabond tape too. Sorry to hear about your mini dust storm.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This morning, it was cold but clear, as if all the winds finally sent all the Lubbock dust elsewhere. Had a nice fire this morning, then it warmed up this afternoon. That's the forecast for the next 3-4 days. Well, we have plenty of firewood...

Epoxy is applied and pump reassembled. We'll turn it on tomorrow and see it that worked. If not, we'll try Eternabond (assuming we can find some in Texas).

Spousal Unit went out and fired up Obi-Wander, just to make sure the batteries weren't killed by the cold weather. Nope. Started right up.

Short Friend has started the process for consigning their Fifth Wheel for sale. It will seem very odd to not have that FW out by the copse anymore, but the space will be available for my FW-pulling cousins when they come down.

Bluebonnets are bursting out, still not in our meadow. We may try planting them again this fall. The vegetable garden has burst into growth, less than a week after SU planted the seeds. Looking forward to some nice bush bean harvests in early May. Maybe we'll even get enough to can this time.

Czarny's staring at me. I'm obviously not doing whatever he thinks I should be doing, so I'll go figure that out. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FW are great if you full-time. I like our short Phoenix Cruiser. Friends have a FW that's HUGE. They have to keep it in storage when not on the road.

Do deer eat Bluebonnets?

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/21 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eternabond doesn't work on pressurized applications. We're using more epoxy and a gasket material. Will turn it on tomorrow and see what happens. Meanwhile, the pool vacuum was busy today, then I used the pool vacuum on a stick to start cleaning the spa. That will be a project... If the pump doesn't work, we'll try using the vacuum daily to move the pool chemicals around and aerate it, so we can still swim.

Magnus, if they are hungry enough, deer will eat pretty much any vegetation. But so far this year, they don't show a lot of interest in bluebonnets, not that we have any on our place.

Our friends bought their FW knowing they would be living in it in our driveway. And they did, for four years. Now that TF's stroke has put paid to him driving, they've decided to let the FW go.

Czarny's decided hanging out in the music room is more fun than the spare bedroom. No idea why, but at least he's not messing with any of the instruments, so it's all fine.

Think I'll go out and stargaze for a while. Later, y'all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.