Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 421  
Prev  |  Next
rastaman33609

central florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67avion...what do you mean 'the jury is still out'...I thought everybody loved it....now I am afraid I might be seen as the 'red head adopted' (or should I say dreadlocks?) child

one love

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think this is one of the nightly struggle sessions at Muley Point to determine whether an Avion on a tow is worthy. Of course with all the class C's and other Avions we are a very diverse bunch so you might still make it into the Inner Circle: "Bad Boys"

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PolCat-76-Avion wrote:

Only problem I can't find a fix for is a broken window. The window is solid though.

[image]

If it is flat glass, it can easily be replaced with a new cut pane of safety glass from a window shop. If you cannot find one, ask around on the classic VW dune buggy sites since they use custom windshields in many of their builds. If may actually be more work to remove the frame to replace the glass than actually finding a replacement pane.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

PolCat-76-Avion

De Pere, Wis

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is the problem, getting the pane out of the frame. No screws from the inside, screws and 4 rivets one in each corner on the outside. I think the screws hold the window in the wall and the rivets hold the frame together.

[image]

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Polcat I assume you have attempted to remove screws/rivets? No doubt there are possible water tight "integrity" issues while messing with the original construction. However, just looking at the photo it appears that the gasket/seal should remove. Unless the screws and rivets are on the same level then they have to be taken out together - window replaced - and the gaskets installed again with total adhesion. Otherwise water seepage.

flyte63

Buffalo, NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rastaman.. for what it’s worth I was at a Tin Can Tourists vintage rally last week and there was a truck camper there that was permanently on a trailer similar to yours. It was well received by all and the unique functional advantages over a typical travel trailer we’re appreciated.

http://flyte63.blogspot.com

rastaman33609

central florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

flyte63 wrote:

Rastaman.. for what it’s worth I was at a Tin Can Tourists vintage rally last week and there was a truck camper there that was permanently on a trailer similar to yours. It was well received by all and the unique functional advantages over a typical travel trailer we’re appreciated.

Thanks flyte63....Makes me feel not so isolated and I can attest to the functional advantages, which includes being able to carry my motorcycle.
I am a firm believer in 'function over form'

yeh Mon

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Way back around page 60 something of this thread 69 Avion built a custom trailer for his . There was also 68 Avion rebuild on the old Avion site that had his on a trailer . You're not alone .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

67avion

Carbondale, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rasta, I suggest that we put the question about a "carried" Avion on the agenda for the Terlingua Seminar.

D1trout

San Francisco Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Tequila in Terlingua Seminar, in which we discuss all manner of Avion issues...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 421  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Avion truck campers - Hundreds of photos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.