cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Camping/Woodall's App Available for Android & Apple

gbranco
Explorer
Explorer
Great news! Woodall's FREE iPhone App is now available in the iTunes store. Download it at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/woodalls-rv-camping-copilot/id445868562?mt=8, or simply search "Woodall's" under Apps.

It features 12,000 campgrounds & RV parks, and over 1,000 popular attractions across North America, and is ideal for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.

PLUS - Woodall's is having a contest and you could win $250. All you have to do is download the App, try it, and write a review in BOTH the iTunes store and the Woodall's Facebook page (Facebook.com/Woodalls)and you'll automatically be entered to win. Don't forget to include your iTunes handle on the Facebook page, so we know it was you!

If you would like to give me personal feedback, you may email me, Genevieve, at gbranco@woodalls.com. I am the Marketing Director for Woodall's and I'm happy to hear your suggestions for version 2.

Thanks and have a great day!

UPDATE:

Free Good Sam Camping/Woodall's App now available for both Android phone/tablet and Apple iPhone/iPad devices:

49 REPLIES 49

Super__R_
Explorer
Explorer
Best app I've found by far is Allstays Camp & RV
2007 Chevy Crew Cab 2500HD Z71 4X4 Duramax Allison Trans.
2010 Sundance XLT 305ES
wife, daughter, son, + one lab

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
Android app requires access to Phone, Location and External storage.

Location I could see. Maybe storage.

However it has no business accessing my phone or call logs. No thanks.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
So, is this the best app to find campgrounds in colorado?

Is there a app for dispersed camp area's?

Thanks
12 valve ram

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
The "Find Parks Nearby" is off by miles and miles! I wasn't aware Lone Pine, CA was so close to Laguna Beach LOL

Also, a "Clear Recent Search" would be helpful!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

rogerthedodger
Explorer
Explorer
I just used the Good Sam Camping App to book my 2 week rv trip, California, Oregon, and Washington. Awsome!!
Roger

ETyson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Super "R",

Glad you like the Good Sam Camping app! Thanks for the feedback - you can submit any other feedback or if you have questions about the app to info@goodsamfamily.com.

You can find this email feature in Settings/About Good Sam/Contact Support. Maybe not as obvious as it should be I agree.

Thanks again!

Ellen Tyson
Good Sam RV Travel Guide

Super__R_
Explorer
Explorer
ETyson: I downloaded the app last week before my trip to Louisiana and it was quite useful. One big draw back I have noticed is there is not anywhere that i could find to submit feedback. For example the Camping World store in Indianapolis IN, is showing up in Decatur IL. I personally would like to see a place for us to send info in to you to fix/update things we see while on the road.

Thanks for your consideration.
John
2007 Chevy Crew Cab 2500HD Z71 4X4 Duramax Allison Trans.
2010 Sundance XLT 305ES
wife, daughter, son, + one lab

eaglelover
Explorer
Explorer
OK Thanks: I tried again tonight with no luck Frank

ETyson
Explorer
Explorer
Hello - there are no specific dates confirmed yet for 2014 updates or the release of a dedicated tablet version. While there isn't a version of the app specifically for the tablet, the phone version cab be used on your tablet.
I will update this thread when more information becomes available.
Thanks,
Ellen Tyson
Good Sam RV Travel Guide

eaglelover
Explorer
Explorer
ETyson: Will there be any changes in the App before the 2014 camping season? My tablet is new and has the latest Android OS. I would like to have availability to the App. Thanks; Frank

ETyson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Frank - the app does work best with the majority of devices 2 years old or less.

Your device could be in the minority if it is less than two years of old, unfortunately. As we continue to develop we hope to add to our make our list of covered devices more complete.

Thanks,

Ellen

eaglelover
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Ellen: I am not asking about a windows 7 version. No matter how I search I get the same app and the same answer. Not compatible with my device!. As far as I know I have the latest version of android as it just updated itself.
I can't play with this app any longer until I see more people downloading it to tablets. Thanks for your help. Frank

ETyson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Frank, just Android and Apple are the platforms for now. We don't support Window's 7.
One tip too - as there is no didicated tablet version yet, be sure you are looking under apps for phone rahter apps for tablets and that way you can download the app to your tablet. You can still use the phone version on your tablet.

Thanks,
Ellen

eaglelover
Explorer
Explorer
Etyson: HiEllen, I am use to working with operating systems that are all the same. If it is said to work on windows 7 then it works on windows 7. I guess that doesn't apply to Android.I did follow your direction closely but the install button is dimmed out and a message says the app will not work on my unit. So I guess I will need to check back later. Thanks; Frank