cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Camper University-Projects/Repairs/Replacements & Tips

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
The purpose of the TCU thread is to capture some of the informative threads on repairs, replacements, modifications, additions and general projects to our campers & trucks. It’s a great resource for ideas, information and procedures.

Though the intent is to keep them from drifting into obscurity, obviously we can’t add them all and there are a lot of good ones. If you feel a thread warrants being added to this thread, send the address of the thread to me in a PM and it will be considered. Just remember, every thread can't be added, so every nominated thread may not make it. But the goal here is to capture links to the really helpful & informative threads before they fade away into cyberspace.

This thread, Truck Camper University, was originally started by BradW in July of 2005 per Joe’s (growler67) suggestion. It has grown to include a lot of helpful information over the years. As current volunteer maintaining this thread the plan is to continue growing this resource.

Thanks to all who have contributed!

Note; though several included links are quite old and may have dead links within or missing pictures, good info still to be had. A few threads relying totally on missing pictures eventually will be culled where information can no longer be gleaned.

Also, don't forget the Frequently Asked Truck Camper Questions Thread - See Section 24

NOTE: AS OF 06/2017 PhotoBucket no longer allows free accounts to link pictures. Many of the threads listed, users pictures were hosted on P/B, hence pictures replaced with P/B upgrade/watermarked picture.
Many picture host sites have closed or no longer host free pictures: Tinypic.com, snapfish, flicker to name a few.

End TCU Reference thread
If you feel a thread warrants being added to this thread, send the address of the thread in a PM and it will be considered. Just remember, every thread can't be added, so every suggested thread may not make it.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com
15 REPLIES 15

ZenMartian
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, thanks a lot for your post, it was pretty informative but like one person mentioned above if you could add a date we would appreciate it!

Shr3k
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome info! Does anyone know how to fix the missing pictures on some of the posts?

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
I think we need a section in here on sealants. Between EPDM and rubber roofs to outside seams and basement sealants we all should be able to populate a section on the minimum or best sealant to use.
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
delete
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

Amigo81
Explorer
Explorer
how do I find my post. when I type in my handle, it can't be found

duane124
Explorer
Explorer
now this is an AWESOME reference page... thanks to aal who put it together

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigfeets wrote:
AnEv,

Could you please reply to my above post? Maybe a date next to new additions or some sort of indication would be nice so we know what's been added. Maybe you could just post a reply as to what's been added when you add it. Thank you!

Having "worked" this thread for many years myself; it is a lot of damn work. AnEv is doing a great job with it as it is and I don't think we should be adding any work for him to do. I'm just glad someone was willing to take on the responsibility of organizing and overseeing the thread so it didn't go away all together. Thanks AnEv for your unpaid volunteer efforts!

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
AnEv,

Could you please reply to my above post? Maybe a date next to new additions or some sort of indication would be nice so we know what's been added. Maybe you could just post a reply as to what's been added when you add it. Thank you!

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Any threads about trouble shooting the heater? I didn't see any threads like that here. I cant get mine to come on at all.
John M

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
I'd still like to see a date next to each one so we know when one has been added. THANK YOU!!

hotrod_32
Explorer
Explorer
How about a which campers can be loaded with tailgate down and which can't. I looked at 115+ pages of pictures here. Some with campers on short beds with gate down yet everyone recommends NOT doing it. Is there any guide anywhere?
2011 Ford SuperDuty F250 FX4 Diesel Crew cab
2004 North Star 850 SC

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Oops!
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
This is the best Thread of them all! Great work here, thank you very much for that.

One suggestion: Maybe we could put a date next to the link so we know when new ones are added. Just a thought!

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
AnEv942,

Thanks for taking on this thread. I see you have already made many improvements.

Thanks,
Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

bikefactory
Explorer
Explorer
Marvelous Sharing!