Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/20 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cwgllndn. Great video I am sure that it will help others. Keep them coming,looking forward to some more videos and the 7 Pin connector that you will be adding surely will help other owners of CA former rentals.

I found this from TRM1 from an earlier post that may be of help installing that 7 Pin connector.

TRM1 wrote:

The 7 pin connector is about halfway back on the frame on the driver's side. The connector for the controller is wired in behind the clock. A quick search will show you where both are. I installed my 7 pin with an adapter for the cockpit and combo of the 4 pin-7 pin adapter and my own wiring to connect to the OEM 7 pin Ford plug.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gotsmart wrote:

Someone PM'd me about my thoughts on buying a former Cruise America rental RV. See my signature below. Here is a copy of it.

I bought my 2005 Cruise America 28R in March 2011. I live in it fulltime. I bought it with 109,000 miles on it for $22,900. I've put about 1,800 miles on it to date. I drive between 5 parks between WA and OR. It has zero problems pulling the smart car and the RV drives very easily on the highway.

Cruise America's pricing varies by model year and odometer - the older the rig is and the higher the odometer is, the lower the price.

My Cruise America RV was built by Four Winds - to Cruise America specs. This means that there are a few non-standard design features not found in retail RVs, like the hard wired shore power cable...."

Hey "Gotsmart" I have a question for you. I have a CA too, but what do you mean by "hard wired shore power calbe"??? is that cause we have to plug into the inside recepticle when we disconnect from shore power?

I'm an RV novice since this is my first, so forgive my question.
Marty

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

texasvwnut wrote:

@Cwgllndn

I got to thinking, are the CA ex-rentals equipped with 7 Pin connectors for towing? Seems not since Cwgllndn is adding one. Are these pretty easy to install?

[image]

[image]
It doesn't have either 7-pin or 4 wire flat, it's got this connector style, (I have to ask IAMICHABOD how to attache a picture, I always have a hard time with it) that I want to change out too, a dual 7 pin and 4 wire would be great.
Marty

* This post was edited 06/16/20 06:34am by MtnBikeMarty *

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey IAMCHABOD, how do we attach photos again?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

Hey IAMCHABOD, how do we attach photos again?

Hey MtnBikeMarty

Follow This Link it will tell you how to do it Good Luck If it fails I will try to come back and see what you have and try my hand at it.

texasvwnut

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

texasvwnut wrote:

@Cwgllndn

I got to thinking, are the CA ex-rentals equipped with 7 Pin connectors for towing? Seems not since Cwgllndn is adding one. Are these pretty easy to install?

It doesn't have either 7-pin or 4 wire flat, it's got this connector style, (I have to ask IAMICHABOD how to attache a picture, I always have a hard time with it) that I want to change out too, a dual 7 pin and 4 wire would be great.
Marty

MtnBikeMarty - If you want to email me the photo I can post it for you if you can't figure it out.

2016 Thor Majestic 23A
Ex Cruise America RV Rental

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

texasvwnut wrote:

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

texasvwnut wrote:

@Cwgllndn

Marty

MtnBikeMarty - If you want to email me the photo I can post it for you if you can't figure it out.
THANKS IAMICHABOD

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FRONT END UPGRADES TO MY 2012 MAJESTIC 27G (E-450 V10)

Here's the old bump stock, and it beside the new 1500 lbs SumoSpring and installed on driver's side:
[image]

[image]

[image]
Sumo's took about 30 minutes to install, 15 minutes a side, cause I only had one jack, have to raise it high enough to get Sumo and it's stud under to screw in. Used jack stands for added safety, wd-40 to loosen up the old rust, deep sockets to get old bump out.

Here's the RoadMaster Steering Control Stabilizer installation:

the old Ford factory stabilizer: (NOTE: all the youtube vids and even e-trailer's, had the driver's side bracket mounted the other way, U-bolt toward the driver, but the RoadMaster instructions/photos had it installed like I did, with the U-bolts towards the passenger's side.)
[image]

New stabilizer:
[image]
[image]

New bracket on passenger side:
[image]

Install took about 45 minutes, again used WD-40, sockets and open end wrenches, and a torque wrench.

Drive is much stiffer, way less side to side steering, and quicker return to straight after a turn.

The new RoadMaster front stabilizer bar is coming by Monday, update ya after I get it installed.
MtnBikeMarty

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yet another CA about to be purchaser. Put the deposit down - should pick up the 28A in about a month. Just thought I'd say thanks to all the folks that have put so much good info into this thread.

socal77

Redlands, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the club! Our 2009 28A is going strong at 171,000 miles (we bought 3 years ago with 161,000 on it-from private party who has bought it directly from CA with 150,000). We're in SoCal but head up your way in the RV often as we have family in Napa Valley. I know there's a lot of us out here on the West Coast as I'm amazed that we usually see at least one CA Majestic on every trip.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.