Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next
texasvwnut

Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/31/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/11/20 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gotsmart wrote:

MtnBikeMarty wrote:


Hey "Gotsmart" I have a question for you. I have a CA too, but what do you mean by "hard wired shore power calbe"??? is that cause we have to plug into the inside recepticle when we disconnect from shore power?

I'm an RV novice since this is my first, so forgive my question.
Marty

hardwared - as in: it is part of the coach. As opposed to a cable that plugs into the coach using one of these:
[image]
that one finds on most trailers.


CA units do not use the plugin in your photo. The shore power is hard wired on the coach and to run the generator, you plug the shore cable into a receptacle in the shore cable storage box to power the coach.


2016 Thor Majestic 23A
Ex Cruise America RV Rental


IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/12/20 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

texasvwnut wrote:


CA units do not use the plugin in your photo. The shore power is hard wired on the coach and to run the generator, you plug the shore cable into a receptacle in the shore cable storage box to power the coach.

That is good to know that CA units have the same set up as many others have, like mine that is located in the shore cable storage box

[image]

To get power from the generator to the coach the power cord must be plugged into the receptacle,like this

[image]

A good maintenance item to check is to open the box when not plugged in to any power source and make sure all wires inside are tight,they do sometimes get loose or pulled loose,as mine did. I clamped my cord to the wall just below the box to make sure that it didn't get pulled loose.

* This post was edited 07/12/20 10:01pm by IAMICHABOD *


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C


fadumpt

SC

New Member

Joined: 06/09/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/14/20 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The power cable isn't completely hardwired in the 2015 cruise america 28a (not sure about other models and years) the other end is still a plug-in. It's basically a moot point but useful to know if you ever needed to replace it, etc
The little door says Furrion 30a 125v
[image]
[image]
[image]

* This post was edited 07/14/20 08:40pm by fadumpt *


2015 Thor Majestic 28A
Ex Cruise America Rental


MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

Full Member

Joined: 06/23/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/15/20 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012 Cruise America 27G/E450 v10 chasis update:

I just got the rear anti-sway bar installed by my local Ford Truck/RV service center, I went with the Hellwig (rear) kit which requires no drilling of the frame, as opposed to the RoadMaster anti-sway kit, which requires drilling. Decided to have them install it cause Phoenix is too HOT outside to work on it and my lack of power tools... ~$225.

[image]

WOW does it drive better... heck yes! It used to rock-n-roll like crazy just pulling into my driveway over the rounded curb. Haven't highway tested it yet with semi's blowing by, but we're taking it out soon on a kayaking camp trip.
MtnBikeMarty

* This post was edited 07/15/20 11:16am by MtnBikeMarty *

gotsmart

a bit too late though

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/15/20 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

texasvwnut wrote:


CA units do not use the plugin in your photo.

the photo does not refer to CA units. There is text written, above and below the photo.

fadumpt

SC

New Member

Joined: 06/09/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/16/20 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if this is a well kept secret or not, but if your ex-rental is built by Thor, check out:

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Put in your VIN and receive manuals to all components and even a list of serial numbers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the site says 2014+ is what is supported.

* This post was edited 07/16/20 08:50pm by fadumpt *

texasvwnut

Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/31/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/16/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fadumpt wrote:

Not sure if this is a well kept secret or not, but if your ex-rental is built by Thor, check out:

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Put in your VIN and receive manuals to all components and even a list of serial numbers.


Oh my gosh, how wonderful is that information! I created an account with my VIN and like fadumpt said the website gives you essentially the CA build sheet with all of the component model numbers, serial numbers, Thor Motorcoach part number and even a .pdf owners manual for each component.

Thank you!

texasvwnut

Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/31/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/16/20 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

2012 Cruise America 27G/E450 v10 chasis update:

I just got the rear anti-sway bar installed by my local Ford Truck/RV service center, I went with the Hellwig (rear) kit which requires no drilling of the frame, as opposed to the RoadMaster anti-sway kit, which requires drilling. Decided to have them install it cause Phoenix is too HOT outside to work on it and my lack of power tools... ~$225.

[image]

WOW does it drive better... heck yes! It used to rock-n-roll like crazy just pulling into my driveway over the rounded curb. Haven't highway tested it yet with semi's blowing by, but we're taking it out soon on a kayaking camp trip.
MtnBikeMarty


Very nice. I just ordered today the Roadmaster Steering Stabalizer and the Roadmaster Front Anti Sway bar. I'll get those on and figure out the Rear Sway bar in a few months.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/16/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty

Great work on the suspension up grade and sharing with the other members. Now if they had put on a set of Bilstein shocks on when you had the first part done you would have had a really solid ride but it looks like you are happy with all your upgrades.

This one is also going to my archives to help others when needed..

Great Job on all of the pictures and documentation of the work.[image]

texasvwnut

Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/31/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/21/20 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fadumpt wrote:

The power cable isn't completely hardwired in the 2015 cruise america 28a (not sure about other models and years) the other end is still a plug-in. It's basically a moot point but useful to know if you ever needed to replace it, etc
The little door says Furrion 30a 125v
[image]
[image]
[image]


I had to go look at my 2016 23A and I stand corrected. Mine is set up much like fadumpt's 2015 28A.

This is good news as I might want to replace the cable now that I know it should be an easy swap.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.