Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/21 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Willy1,Welcome to the Forum and the Former Rental Owners Club, I will add you to the list of happy owners, you will be #138 [image]

It sounds like you have got a lot of great mods planned.As for the ladder I have a previous post on it. You can find it Here it may be of help to you.

Might I ask what year you 23A is? This information is also good to add to your signature and your profile,as mine is,it will help when asking questions.

Also did this on come with a window in the door? They were deleted around 2012.

A great help to add pictures to your posts is This Thread, it will walk you thru it and it is very easy.

Again welcome and come on back when you can and show us all those mods and anything you want to share with the other owners of Former Rental Owners or any questions.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Willy1 wrote:

We purchased a Cruise America Majestic 23A in November. We've only taken one short maiden voyage but have been busy putting on vents, back up camera, awning, tv and fiddling with it. Our next project is a ladder on the back. Anyone do that yet? We've had a couple 'little' issues but nothing big. Oh, did duplicate the window Cruise America on theirs but with our dog.LOVE IT! If I figure out how to post it, I will.

Welcome Willy1, my plans to add a ladder got delayed with my wife wanting to remodel our CA 27G (paint, replace blinds, maybe flooring, maybe counter) all in effort to brighten up the interior. But I see IAMICHABOD all ready sent a link to the ladder info in here. I added a window in my CA door and I recommend doing that 100% if you haven't already, plus it's fairly easy for novices, like me. You can look back through this thread and see pics of my window install. MtnBikeMarty

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Willy1 wrote:

We purchased a Cruise America Majestic 23A in November. We've only taken one short maiden voyage but have been busy putting on vents, back up camera, awning, tv and fiddling with it. Our next project is a ladder on the back. Anyone do that yet? We've had a couple 'little' issues but nothing big. Oh, did duplicate the window Cruise America on theirs but with our dog.LOVE IT! If I figure out how to post it, I will.

https://imgur.com/upload

Left click, hold, drag image over

(wait)

Move the mouse over the picture and you will see "..." in the upper right corner

Click the ... then click GET SHAREABLE LINKS

Click the green COPY LINK button for the one labeled BBCode (Forums)

Come back to this forum and paste it in here (CTRL + V = keyboard shortcut or right click the mouse, in the text box, and left click paste = mouse shortcut).

SFDroz

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I are considering buying a Cruise America former rental. We are leaning toward the 19G but have also thought about the 23A. We are new to RVing and will be renting a 19G for a trial run in about a month. We like the 19G for its size, maneuverability, and ease of parking. The major concern I have with that model is the limited size of the fresh, gray, and black tanks. We would like to have the option to do some dry camping, or go to state parks with limited hookups. I'd appreciate any comments or advice about this model, people's experiences with the rather small tank capacities. Thanks.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've camper many times in Forest Camp Grounds, fresh water from hand pumps sometimes flowing wells, and pit toilets.

We carried a water bag, and I had rigged a way to hang it above the water inlet/fill port so we could graved fill our fresh water tank. And most places you could leave your gray tank open to drain.

We usually went on a trip on Wed. to see some sites and get a few groceries, and charge the batteries.

Kavoom

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This should be pinned for buyers of Class C's... It answers every single question one might have AND from real people with REAL experiences.

Kavoom

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SFDroz wrote:

My wife and I are considering buying a Cruise America former rental. We are leaning toward the 19G but have also thought about the 23A. We are new to RVing and will be renting a 19G for a trial run in about a month. We like the 19G for its size, maneuverability, and ease of parking. The major concern I have with that model is the limited size of the fresh, gray, and black tanks. We would like to have the option to do some dry camping, or go to state parks with limited hookups. I'd appreciate any comments or advice about this model, people's experiences with the rather small tank capacities. Thanks.

I'm a TT owner, but tank size in relation to dry camping is universal. I had a small 22 footer with a 30 gallon tank and 28 gallon gray watee tank. The weak point is your gray tank. Get over it. Thirty gallons will get two people through a weekend with like four showers, no real conservation. The gray tank as noted is your weak point. We bought one of the smaller portable tanks with wheels and would dump 10 or so gallons of gray water on day three to make it. So, that's my experience. Not too much of a problem but you do have to adjust and lift 80 to a hundred lb's of gray water into the back of your truck...

This IS one of the reasons we went to a bigger TT with a 50 gallon tank AND 48 Gallon Gray tank AND slide out so the (big) dog doesn't have to back up to get around...and we don't have to do a chinese puzzle approach to moving around. I see few trailers that seem to adjust tank sizes according to this phoenomena. You will never fill your black tank so why not make the gray tank bigger in all units. I do see a few that make this adjustment. I give them a thumbs up as I know they were likely designed by someone who had actually camped...

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/21 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mind that the 19G only has one "waste gate" or whatever they're called. In other words, of you dump the black, you dump the gray, and vice versa. You cannot empty just the gray.

With that said, I'd guesstimate you'll get 2-3 days before you reach capacity or near capacity. You can stretch that, conserve.

Canuck_Hauler

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With regards to black tanks, our 28a fills the black tank frequently since it's tied to the bathroom sink and we do a lot of hand washing, teeth brushing, etc. We do regularly fill the grey tank and have a "blue boy" in case we need it but it's never been an issue for weekend camping. If I was boondocking for a week or more then the capacities are woefully small for both tanks.

As for the 19g model, why wouldn't anyone just plumb in separate waste valves for each tank? Seems like this would be an easy way to solve some issues.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canuck_Hauler wrote:

As for the 19g model, why wouldn't anyone just plumb in separate waste valves for each tank? Seems like this would be an easy way to solve some issues.

For the same reason you cannot use any outlet unless you are either plugged in or running the generator, I suppose ; )

I haven't got under to see how easy, or not, it will/would be.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.