Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next
quasimatter

East Bay, SF, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

I thought that if some of you that follow this thread may have missed a post that I made on a Majestic 28A that a family member just bought that had a ladder on it,this may help if you decide you want put one on.
Here are the pictures that I have of the ladder on his 28A
[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.
This is how it is mounted at the bottom[image]
Mounted 14 inches from the edge[image]

This one is like the one installed

I hope this helps,[emoticon]

I hope all you Former Rental Owners are having a great camping season,I know that mine has been outstanding.

Hi IAMICHABOD - thanks for link to this from 2018..

This looks different than 28A that I have - mine does not have a rear-window. Indeed - I was wondering if it is possible to add a rear window just above the bed! Is this a different version of 28A or did someone add a window! [emoticon]

quasimatter

East Bay, SF, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more question - has anyone gotten door locks (both to the coach and also driver/passenger doors) replaced with remote/keyless entry??

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/21 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks IAMICHABOD, we made it with a 12 hour driving day and a 5 hour driving day. New rig feels luxurious. Driving through rain sleet and snow proved its road worthiness. I think we will look more closely at the generator that sounds just a little rough and the water pump that also sounds different from our older Itasca. But they both work and the trip was great! Hope the home trip goes as well.

[image]

* This post was edited 04/20/21 09:34pm by EMD360 *

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

quasimatter wrote:

This looks different than 28A that I have - mine does not have a rear-window. Indeed - I was wondering if it is possible to add a rear window just above the bed! Is this a different version of 28A or did someone add a window! [emoticon]

Hi quasimatter,Cruise America deleted the rear window about 10 years ago,the one pictured is that old.I have not seen anyone that has put a window back in. They then deleted the window in the door a few years later.

If you are interested in putting a window back in the door like MtnBikeMarty did, Here is a link to the great job he did.

As for the lock question,I have not seen anyone post about it but this company RV Locks and More seems to be coming out with a remote one for the coach,they do have a keyless one. I used them to replace all of my outside locks and they are all keyed the same.

The remote on the chassis doors may be dooable if it was configured from the factory.I recall someone going to a company that installs auto alarms and they managed to install a remote lock and alarm,you might ask around in your area.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EDM360,thanks for the update on your trip.Wow sounds like you really put it thru its paces with the long hours and weather....Being a retired OTR driver I am glad I don't have to do that anymore,but as they say been there done that [emoticon]

Have fun with the rest of the trip and have a safe return trip.

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

quasimatter wrote:

Hi quasimatter,Cruise America deleted the rear window about 10 years ago,the one pictured is that old.I have not seen anyone that has put a window back in. They then deleted the window in the door a few years later.

If you are interested in putting a window back in the door like MtnBikeMarty did, Here is a link to the great job he did.

As for the lock question,I have not seen anyone post about it but this company RV Locks and More seems to be coming out with a remote one for the coach,they do have a keyless one. I used them to replace all of my outside locks and they are all keyed the same.

The remote on the chassis doors may be dooable if it was configured from the factory.I recall someone going to a company that installs auto alarms and they managed to install a remote lock and alarm,you might ask around in your area.

With my neighbor's help (he wires police cars' lights, siren,s radios, etc for his day job), we installed an alarm/doorlock wireless remote, he built a custom wiring fused harness to connect to the battery. So, I'm sure any car stereo/alarm company, Best Buy included, could install one for you. It does not do the coach door, not sure if they offer anything for those doors. We also hard wired in a CB radio, which I barely use, cause cellphone coverage is so good along the highways anyway.

I love the window installed in my coach door, well worth the ~$100 and less than an hour install. I want to do a ladder at some point too. Thought about a rear bedroom window but wife has plans for us (me) to redo the whole interior...paint walls, paint cabinets, new flooring, new window blinds, re-upholster the cushions (her job). But luckily I'm too busy at work to start this remodel. [emoticon]
MtnBikeMarty

quasimatter

East Bay, SF, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks both IAMICHABOD and MtnBikeMarty - That door window is definitely on my upgrade list now. Gotta figure out something about that rear-window!

Also, thanks for the info on door locks - I did follow up with couple of companies selling keyless lock on Amazon (for coach) - they confirmed that they do NOT make replacement lock for 28A Majestic. Turns out 28A has odd size door lock opening - 7"h 4.25" w.

If anyone has found a solution (or a manufacturer who makes keyless lock for 28A ) let me know!

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

Thought about a rear bedroom window but wife has plans for us (me) to redo the whole interior...paint walls, paint cabinets, new flooring, new window blinds, re-upholster the cushions (her job). But luckily I'm too busy at work to start this remodel. [emoticon]
MtnBikeMarty

Pay some neighborhood kids to paint it, lol. It's exhaustive!

SJ-Chris

San Jose, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/21 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gray/Black waste tank upgrade???

I have two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a units purchased from Cruise America.
I've made many upgrades and find them to be well built/maintained.

One thing I wish was different is the waste water storage tank capacities. I believe they are about 25 gallons each (black/gray). With just a few people camping they fill up pretty quick. Has anyone upgraded these to larger capacities? Just curious if that is something easily doable and if anyone had any experience to share on the subject.

Thanks!

-Chris

San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

quasimatter

East Bay, SF, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31 wrote:

All new Bilstein HD shocks, Front steering stabilizer, Front and rear Anti sway bars, Front and rear Sumo springs airless air bags,

Hi Majestic31 (or Booner or anyone else) - could you link the Bilstein Shock and steering stabilizer you purchased? I could not find E450 Shock/stabilizers (for CA 28A Majestic) on Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Answering my own question for others in future:

Steering Stabilizer on Amazon $115

Rear Shocks part number 33-176840 as per Bilstein (08-16 E450 motorhomes)

Front shocks - Part number 33-187563 as per Bilsteing (08-16 E450 Motorhomes)

I have linked to Amazon but can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

* This post was last edited 05/11/21 01:18pm by quasimatter *   View edit history

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 156  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.