Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next
eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pepi's_Mom wrote:

Well golly. I just finished reading all 154 pages and many, if not most, of my questions have been answered. I've truly enjoyed reading about all the fixes and changes and whatnot. Thanks to all for the info.

My husband and I are seriously considering the Majestic 28a. We would like to go talk to someone and considered going to Newark on Friday. Then I remembered the holiday. We'll wait. I would guess that they would be too busy.

I have several questions that deal with the bedroom. We're full timers and have two cats and a dog. Pepi, the dog, is a dachshund/beagle mix. Short legs. Any suggestions to make it easier for her to get on the bed? I figure I'll have a better idea of what I can do once I get a better look. I'll probably have to build something.

Also, is there any way to make a cat-sized opening for access from the bedroom to the rear storage? Keeping the litterboxes in the storage bay would be so much nicer.

Thanks in advance.

The water tank and much of the plumbing are under the bed so I doubt that you can make an accessible opening into the rear storage bay.

Also the 'nightstands' extend about 40% of the way down the bed and the gap between the bed and the wall is only 14". It's a little tight in there. Hmm - thinking about it - you could make a cat door in the front of one of them - I have no idea how structural that bulkhead is though.

If you are full timing and want/need more house battery the space under the fridge is big enough for a pair of 100 AH batteries and an inverter.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/21 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pepi's Mom,
Welcome to the Forum and a future member of the Former Rental Owners Club.

There may be a way to have access to the storage area thru the night stand,as One member did for a laundry chute,it is something to check out.

There may be another place to use,under the couch by opening it up as
STEVE-OTR did to store shoes,it may have room for the litterboxes.

Just some suggestions to look at.

Please come on back and tell us how it all went and your thoughts.

Again Welcome and thanks for the post and also going thru all those pages....[emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Pepi's_Mom

Concord CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the nice welcome. I haven't posted on a forum in a very long time, so I have to learn how it works again. Please forgive any errors.

The couch will come out regardless as it wouldn't be needed and I can make better use of that space. I can put the litterbox there, if need be. The dog crate will go there too.

One final question for now. Is there any cable and/or electrical to put a tv in the bedroom? Is the wall strong enough? I'm sure I can ask when we see one. I don't need one in the front of the house.

Eldel, thanks for the battery info and thanks to IAMICHABOD for the links. I'm now off to read them.

At this point we're 99% certain that we're going for a 28a, especially after reading this thread. The info is terrific. I will certainly provide an update when we get the ball rolling on this.

Booner

Boonville, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/21 01:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't speak exactly about the unit you're buying, as mine is the smaller 23A.
I'm going to assume your problems with mounting a TV in the bedroom area will be these two; routing a cable for an antenna and powering the TV. mounting the TV shouldn't be a problem, a flat screen isn't that heavy depending on the size. If you mount it under an overhead cabinet, for example, you could tap into a light fixture for 12 volts. If you get a TV that runs on 110 volts, you'll have to either be on shore power or the generator to run the TV. So buy a TV that runs on 12 volts and you'll bypass that problem. (TV's that run on 110 volts have a transformer in them to convert it to 12 volts anyway).
I will assume you'll have an antenna on the roof, which means you'll have to add that. You'll have to run an coax cable from that antenna to the TV, and you'll probably want to power that coax to amplify the signal so you'll need power for that (12v). The roof vent for the refrigerator will give you a path from the roof down to underneath the unit so that's a good way to run the coax. From underneath the unit you can go into the storage area and then up to the bed.

A bedroom TV can be done, but you'll need a antenna that rotates to get a signal and you have to be within 50ish miles from the TV transmitter or stay in campgrounds that have cable available. If all you be using the TV for is to watch DVD's, then the installation will be much simpler.

Or, you could get a tablet that operates on 4g and then anywhere you get a cell signal you'll have entertainment from anywhere in or out of the TV. It's what I do.

Pepi's_Mom

Concord CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/21 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Booner wrote:

I can't speak exactly about the unit you're buying, as mine is the smaller 23A.
I'm going to assume your problems with mounting a TV in the bedroom area will be these two; routing a cable for an antenna and powering the TV. mounting the TV shouldn't be a problem, a flat screen isn't that heavy depending on the size. If you mount it under an overhead cabinet, for example, you could tap into a light fixture for 12 volts. If you get a TV that runs on 110 volts, you'll have to either be on shore power or the generator to run the TV. So buy a TV that runs on 12 volts and you'll bypass that problem. (TV's that run on 110 volts have a transformer in them to convert it to 12 volts anyway).
I will assume you'll have an antenna on the roof, which means you'll have to add that. You'll have to run an coax cable from that antenna to the TV, and you'll probably want to power that coax to amplify the signal so you'll need power for that (12v). The roof vent for the refrigerator will give you a path from the roof down to underneath the unit so that's a good way to run the coax. From underneath the unit you can go into the storage area and then up to the bed.

A bedroom TV can be done, but you'll need a antenna that rotates to get a signal and you have to be within 50ish miles from the TV transmitter or stay in campgrounds that have cable available. If all you be using the TV for is to watch DVD's, then the installation will be much simpler.

Or, you could get a tablet that operates on 4g and then anywhere you get a cell signal you'll have entertainment from anywhere in or out of the TV. It's what I do.

Thank you! I currently only use the cable hookup in my trailer for my internet and we use the tv for dvds and streaming. Once, the tv was wired into the dvd player that came with the trailer. It quit working soon after we got it (used). When I pulled the player, I found a mess of wires that reminded me of matted dog hair. I've never seen anything like it before or since. I disconnected from that without regret. However, I wouldn't mind having an antenna again so I'm saving this info for now and for later. Thanks again

Kemel

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/21 03:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also faced the problem while working with my table saw, It's working slow sometime, But after doing oil on some area its work properly.
But now I thought their 15-amp motor causes error.

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the right hand side of the 28a just about done. Once we get the final positioning of the table (folded down in this picture) sorted out then we finish the electrics and the dinette goes and is replaced by work area and cupboards. Oh - and the wine rack :-)

[image]

SJ-Chris

San Jose, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pepi's_Mom wrote:

Well golly. I just finished reading all 154 pages and many, if not most, of my questions have been answered. I've truly enjoyed reading about all the fixes and changes and whatnot. Thanks to all for the info.

My husband and I are seriously considering the Majestic 28a. We would like to go talk to someone and considered going to Newark on Friday. Then I remembered the holiday. We'll wait. I would guess that they would be too busy.

I have several questions that deal with the bedroom. We're full timers and have two cats and a dog. Pepi, the dog, is a dachshund/beagle mix. Short legs. Any suggestions to make it easier for her to get on the bed? I figure I'll have a better idea of what I can do once I get a better look. I'll probably have to build something.

Also, is there any way to make a cat-sized opening for access from the bedroom to the rear storage? Keeping the litterboxes in the storage bay would be so much nicer.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the South Bay and have two 28a RVs from Cruise America. If you have any questions or would like to see one and ask lots of questions feel free to send me a private message.

-Chris

San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel,Very nice.Thanks for the picture, Looks like you have done a great job on the Mods that will truly make this unit your very own.

Are those all new seats? That table apparatus in the foreground of the picture looks pretty heavy duty,I have not seen anything like that,Is also used to lift something? How does it work?

Great job on all of this,please keep us updated on all the Mods that you make.I am sure that these will be very helpful to the others here.

Pepi's_Mom

Concord CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eldel, I like your project a lot. It looks really good.

SJ-Chris, thank you very much for the offer. I will holler if need be.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.