Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next
CwglIndn

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't remember if anyone posted the information previously, but here is a link to the Cruise America BUYER RESOURCE Page. Currently it goes back to 2007 models. It has MANUALS for the Ford Chassis and Thor or Four Winds. Also, as previously posted, you can register on Thor website for more resources. Thor RV Owner Resources

Cruise America Buyer Resources 2007-Present

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/help/resources/buyer-s-resources
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Pepi's_Mom

Concord CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CwglIndn wrote:

I can't remember if anyone posted the information previously, but here is a link to the Cruise America BUYER RESOURCE Page. Currently it goes back to 2007 models. It has MANUALS for the Ford Chassis and Thor or Four Winds. Also, as previously posted, you can register on Thor website for more resources. Thor RV Owner Resources

Cruise America Buyer Resources 2007-Present

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/help/resources/buyer-s-resources
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Thank you for the links. We don't have our rig yet, it's nice to know where to find stuff when we do.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is anyone going to be in the market for a 19G within the next 0-2 months? We have a low mile (87-88k, I forget) that I will be listing soon.

Cavenagoodtime

San Clemente

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/21 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone,
“New” owner of a 2005 28a here. I bought it from a guy that redid the interior and added a few things. I’ve added 300w of solar and a Battle Born lithium battery. On my list of things to do are new front brakes, a new shower pan, and a new compartment door for the generator. Having a great time with it. No problems so far with a half dozen trips from Orange County to Tahoe and desert trips with our Polaris RZR. [image]
[image]
[image]

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/21 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cavenagoodtime,

Welcome to the Forum! Also to the ranks of the Happy Former Rental Owners Club,I will put you on the ever growing list,you will be #140.[image]

Too bad your pictures did not come out,I would like to see them. As a new member sometimes they wont allow it until you have made a few posts.
Also the link you put up will not allow access.

To post pictures here Follow this link and it will walk you thru it,pretty simple to use.

Again welcome,and when you get those mods done please come on back and show us or any new updates to share with the others.

Have a great Camping Season!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

RVandHD

Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wanted to say how much I appreciated this thread. I have finished reading all 157 pages.

It has been a great help.

Thanks to @iamichabod for starting it, and to all the folks that added value with their many posts over the years.

gotsmart

a bit too late though

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

all of a sudden I feel old

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gotsmart wrote:

all of a sudden I feel old

AW don't say that! After all you were one of the first to respond to this thread and it has been only 9 years.....Your many informative posts over the years have no doubt helped many others,I know they helped me,keep them commin.
Once I passed that 70 mark I thought the same but I am still truckin along.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVandHD wrote:

I wanted to say how much I appreciated this thread. I have finished reading all 157 pages.

It has been a great help.

Thanks to @iamichabod for starting it, and to all the folks that added value with their many posts over the years.

That is great that got thru it all. The real thanks does go to all those that have contributed.

That is one thing that is so great about this Forum,all the members here that want to help others and share their experiences. Their wealth of information in invaluable.

I may have started it but all the other members have kept it going,of that I am very appreciative,so keep it up you all [image]

eldel

Northern Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/21 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update for prospective purchasers of CA vehicles - they are no longer fitting awnings. Apparently the ones they were using were 'too difficult to use' and causing customer issues.

In my case it was 'too difficult to install' and CA are returning my money.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 159  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.