Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 166  
Prev  |  Next
VoyageurUSA

NoCal

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Below the answer from Thor:
« I am not sure where the tire pressure stickers for Cruise America came from. I would assume they place the stickers on the coach themselves. All our tire pressure information comes from the chassis manufacture. You would need to reach out to them directly for further concerns. »
But only the chassis and not the RV.
I guess I will have to do the math ! Thanks Iamichabod for the documents!

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/21 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many former CA/EL Monte motorhome buyers shelter them? I am seeking the best way, for the least amount of money, to protect a motorhome from the elements. I live in Florida on an acre of property that has an RV station with 30 amp electric, water, and sewer connections. I am thinking a concrete slab with a permanent covering. Something like you see over some driveways. Believe that buying or building a barn/garage may be too much money. Do most of you have some sort of shelter for your motorhome or do you just leave it out in the elements? An RV pull over cover could be an alternative. Just don't know.

TwistedGray

Monterey Bay, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/21 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back from a 350mi trip to see some family, cat approved. If I can't seem to sell it, I might as well enjoy it (until it does sell).

[image]

BillWilson94

Orange County

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/22 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all
New here but not a new guy
Now my 14 rig...

Short version
I bought a Cruise America Thor 19g about 5 years ago
Sold it about 12 minutes before the lock down
(was getting a newer rig, same model)
Well we know how that worked...
So, i spent the lock down searching in person and on line
EVERYTHING, Class A, B, C, Truck Slide Ins, Trailers
Ready made, self build the whole gamit

So: I repurchased the exact same model rig i sold pre lock down
Thor Majestic 19g with 120,000 miles direct from Cruise America

For my now 8 yo daughter and I it is perfect
I bought the 5 year 100,000 power train warrenty
Ford E350, single rear, 2wd

I added solar and about to put in new shocks, rear sumos and rear sway
Oh, and I put in the PepWave Cell /WiFi Router and Antenna (allows me to work remote with ease)

But most of all i have added MILES to the odometer, since purchase June 19, 2021 and 25 nites and another 20 days day camping

Turn key out the door road ready with warrenty and upgrades under $50k
IMHO that is a good value

BW

yes will post pics when i find that part

all the best in '22 to ya'll

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/22 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillWilson94
Welcome to the Forum and the first new addition this year to the Former Rental Owners Club..You will be #142 [image]

It seems that you must be pretty satisfied with owning a Former Rental,to go back and get another one!

Also great to hear that you have been able to get out and enjoy your new rig and add some mods to it.

Thanks for the write up on your purchase and cost,I am sure it will help others out there that read this thread.

Please come on back and tell us more and add some pictures

This link will walk you thru picture posting.

Being it may not let you until you have a certain amount of posts,one of those things to keep spammers away.

Any problems there just send a PM to me and I will help out.

Again Welcome and hope your camping season is going well and continues.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/22 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy all Former Rental Owners!

I finally installed my Christmas present... Running boards, great addition as I get older. DeeZee 39" diamond plate running boards, about $230 from Amazon. Not too hard to install, cause I was able to do it, but kinda hard too, you gotta drill 2 holes in the frame for the brackets on each side, as well as, drilling in the pinch welds under the door and in the wheel well. I broke 2 of the DeeZee sheetmetal screws as I was ratchetting them into the frame, gave up trying to drill them out, figured out I could use 2 existing holes (passenger side) and bought bolts/nuts/washers and used them instead.

Drilled driver's side carefully, WATCH OUT FOR THE BRAKE LINE AND GAS LINE, and then I used the purchased nuts and bolts, instead of the mfg's large sheet metal screws again. Measured and marked several times before drilling, lined everything before tightening them up with blue lock-tight, that I decided to add as precaution.

Life is so much nicer getting in and out of the cab, and I have mud flaps now, cause you know how stuff sprays up on the front edge of the coach.

[image]
[image]
[image]

* This post was last edited 01/21/22 04:50am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/22 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marty Great Job!!

Thanks for sharing your latest Mod,and the pictures of your handy work.
I am sure that others here on the Forum that want to do the same will be helped by your informative post.

Are These the ones that you installed? If so I will archive it all and keep it for future use in case others come along and want to do the same thing.

Thanks again for coming back again and sharing your mod with the others,keep it up.[image]

MtnBikeMarty

phoenix, az

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/22 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Marty Great Job!!

I am sure that others here on the Forum that want to do the same will be helped by your informative post.

Are These the ones that you installed? If so I will archive it all and keep it for future use in case others come along and want to do the same thing.

Thanks again for coming back again and sharing your mod with the others,keep it up.[image]

No, I didn't see that model when I searched for what would fit a 2011 E-350/450. The model I ordered was the DeeZEE DZ2045 which lists the dimensions as 40x11x8. The one you found is the DZ1034 with dimensions 40x17x8... so a little taller mud flap??? and a little more $. Other than that I'm not sure the differences.

When I get some time, I'll post some pics of the brackets, I didn't take any during the install cause I didn't want to get my phone dirty cause I had lock-tite all over my hands...lol

Marty

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/22 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MtnBikeMarty wrote:

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Marty Great Job!!

No, I didn't see that model when I searched for what would fit a 2011 E-350/450. The model I ordered was the DeeZEE DZ2045 which lists the dimensions as 40x11x8. The one you found is the DZ1034 with dimensions 40x17x8... so a little taller mud flap??? and a little more $. Other than that I'm not sure the differences.

When I get some time, I'll post some pics of the brackets, I didn't take any during the install cause I didn't want to get my phone dirty cause I had lock-tite all over my hands...lol
Marty

OK thanks for coming back with that,I see the one that I referenced, the DZ1034,looks like it would be wider, length 40'' x width 17''x 8''height.

I am looking forward to the pictures of the brackets and your great write up and handy work.

Racerboy76

The Twilight Zone

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 11:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello my fellow RV'ers. I just wanted to share a some info and a good experience. On our maiden journey last March we lost the external vent cover for our range. After months of trying to locate a replacement I was poking around on Thor's website and found this https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/need-parts-help/.

I filled out the form and within a few days I received an email that they did in fact have the part I needed. Needless to say I was pretty happy. The following day a customer service rep contacted me to complete the purchase of my part. She was very friendly and mentioned that Thor is now selling directly to the public and has quite a few parts on hand. What I found neat was that they still had the build sheet for my Thor Majestic and knew exactly what parts were on it. Over all was very pleased with the whole transaction and received the exact part I needed rather quickly.

So if you need a coach part that you cant find elsewhere they may just have it. Hope this helps someone out there for us former CA rental owners [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 166  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.