Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next
Germax

Toronto

New Member

Joined: 08/01/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/05/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, I will look under the sticker. I was sure I could expect better loads.

As for the bottle jack I am concerned about it slipping against the round rear axle. It does not inspire confidence, can't even imagine anything being uneven or shifting even a little.


Germax wrote:

Hitch on 2008 Majestic 23A?

I was very happy to see the hitch until I took a closer look.
This will not carry my motorcycle, Max Tongue Weight 200 lbs.

Did anyone upgrade the hitch and what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Ermin


gotsmart

a bit too late though

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/05/20 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

Another small point - I was told that the backup warning is "disabled during refurbishment" - and yet I see in here that previous buyers have a working one. Anyone know how to re-enable this?

The black rectangle behind the bike rack on my 2005 28R is the backup sonar. I unplugged the connector behind it because the rack and car-in-tow would set it off. Also the backup beep comes from the bulbs in the tail lights. When I put the transmission in reverse the backup lights turn on and the beeping starts.

[image]

Germax

Toronto

New Member

Joined: 08/01/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/05/20 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is E-350 and hitch receiver is mounted on chassis.
Two bolts on each side and it is attached to the bottom.
Once I pull that sticker I might find out what is really going on...


eldel wrote:

I think the 23A is on the e350 chassis isn't it? That being said - if that's the original towbar I would expect it to be higher rated than 2500 lbs.


fadumpt

SC

New Member

Joined: 06/09/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/06/20 04:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful pulling the sticker, on mine it was going to take both of them off. There was a barcode sticker on the underneath though, so you might have that.

For the jack, there should be flat frame railing going from front to back. You should not have to use the axle.
[image]
[image]

* This post was edited 08/06/20 05:50am by fadumpt *


2015 Thor Majestic 28A
Ex Cruise America Rental


IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/06/20 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Germax,
First welcome to the Forum,also to the Former Rental Owners Club! I will add you to the list, you will be #123.[image]

I have noticed in earlier posts for some reason Cruise Canada in their 23A and 19G they don't come with a generator, as all the US ones do. I had a book mark on the subject but the magazine that it was in has purged its archives.

There was another member that had a 19G that didn't have a generator,its space was like yours. He built a shelf to put batteries on,I also can't link those photos. So I am going to PM him and see if he has some Photos of the shelf and how it was mounted.

Good luck in all your mods and have a good camping season.


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C


Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/20 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Germax wrote:

Hello all!

Thanks for this great resource! It makes me feel confident about my purchase reading all your experiences.

We just got 2008 Majestic 23A EX rental from person that had it for 6 years.

Getting ready for 8000KM round trip and trying to get everything in place as a complete newbie to RV thing.

I have some questions, I did try to go through this thread but it is overwhelming so please forgive me in the questions have been answered already.

I will shoot my questions, please answer what you can. I will do multiple posts to make it easier with photos etc...

1. At some time this unit probably had a generator installed.
I see electrical connectors and what looks like capped fuel line.
Fuel line is held on by one zip tie so that does not look great.
I would like to make use of that space for storage but I am not sure where I can
bolt things. I saw video of Tito using same space but he reused generator mounts that I do not have. Next to this place is battery tray and that is just bolted to the floor, can I do the same? I bought Champion inverter generator 3400, so I am not going to use it for generator but batteries would be nice.

Thanks!!!


I had a custom battery box built for my 19. The bolt pattern I used was the same as the generators and are VERY secure!!!! I added 4 6v batteries to my custom box then had the battery box empty. Had tons of power.

I was going to use the extra space for a tool box in the old battery box and storage next to the 6v's but sold the unit before I got to that point.

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 08/07/20 03:29pm by an administrator/moderator *


2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

texasvwnut

Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/31/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/06/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eldel wrote:

More information - I got the fluid analysis reports today. The lubrication reports (engine, transmission and generator) are OK but the coolant one is way out of line. So either it hasn't been changed in forever or I have an upcoming engine issue. I've asked CA to check their records to see if they have any information on when it was changed last. Let's see what they come back with.


Per the CA national parts manager, the solar is near worthless for an owned coach but does well for a rental that is on the go all the time. He also told me the factory controller could not handle a larger cell. He said that when the go bad on the rental units they do not fix them. My Solar Charging light has never worked since my purchase so I suspect the Chinese cell is bad or the control panel. The replacement cost for parts was reasonable but I figure that it would be better to sped the money upgrading the CA cell.


2016 Thor Majestic 23A
Ex Cruise America RV Rental


Germax

Toronto

New Member

Joined: 08/01/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/06/20 11:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks! Inmate #123 reporting! That is a good number [emoticon]

I love the forum and support, amazing resource for everyone really...
I think you are right, I see Cruse America sale listings with generator and Canadian inventory does not have it.
I think I am better off with one I got anyway.

Thanks for the post and for keeping it welcoming and active!


IAMICHABOD wrote:

Germax,
First welcome to the Forum,also to the Former Rental Owners Club! I will add you to the list, you will be #123.[image]

I have noticed in earlier posts for some reason Cruise Canada in their 23A and 19G they don't come with a generator, as all the US ones do. I had a book mark on the subject but the magazine that it was in has purged its archives.

There was another member that had a 19G that didn't have a generator,its space was like yours. He built a shelf to put batteries on,I also can't link those photos. So I am going to PM him and see if he has some Photos of the shelf and how it was mounted.

Good luck in all your mods and have a good camping season.


Germax

Toronto

New Member

Joined: 08/01/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/06/20 11:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This looks great! Thanks for taking time to post photos even if 19A is gone [emoticon] Once I came back I will attempt something similar.

Photomike wrote:

Germax wrote:

Hello all!

Thanks for this great resource! It makes me feel confident about my purchase reading all your experiences.

We just got 2008 Majestic 23A EX rental from person that had it for 6 years.

Getting ready for 8000KM round trip and trying to get everything in place as a complete newbie to RV thing.

I have some questions, I did try to go through this thread but it is overwhelming so please forgive me in the questions have been answered already.

I will shoot my questions, please answer what you can. I will do multiple posts to make it easier with photos etc...

1. At some time this unit probably had a generator installed.
I see electrical connectors and what looks like capped fuel line.
Fuel line is held on by one zip tie so that does not look great.
I would like to make use of that space for storage but I am not sure where I can
bolt things. I saw video of Tito using same space but he reused generator mounts that I do not have. Next to this place is battery tray and that is just bolted to the floor, can I do the same? I bought Champion inverter generator 3400, so I am not going to use it for generator but batteries would be nice.

Thanks!!!


I had a custom battery box built for my 19. The bolt pattern I used was the same as the generators and are VERY secure!!!! I added 4 6v batteries to my custom box then had the battery box empty. Had tons of power.

I was going to use the extra space for a tool box in the old battery box and storage next to the 6v's but sold the unit before I got to that point.

[image]

[image]


* This post was edited 08/07/20 03:30pm by an administrator/moderator *

Germax

Toronto

New Member

Joined: 08/01/2020

View Profile



Posted: 08/07/20 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It looks that I will have to use axle.
Manual suggests that and frame goes up and over in that area.
It is high and even if jacked against the frame I think the wheels would sag on the springs.
I got 8 Ton jack https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/8-ton-hydraulic-welded-bottle-jack/A-p8760886e
9 inch minimum height, I hope those tires do not go three inched down. Maybe I need shorter jack?

[image]
[image]

[image]


fadumpt wrote:

Be careful pulling the sticker, on mine it was going to take both of them off. There was a barcode sticker on the underneath though, so you might have that.

For the jack, there should be flat frame railing going from front to back. You should not have to use the axle.
[image]
[image]


* This post was edited 08/08/20 04:12am by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 163  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.